The Student Room Group

How do i improve in english?

I'm a year 10 student and my target grade in English is 8 for year 11. In the recent English literature essay i wrote about 'Merchant of Venice' i barely got a 6. I know I have two years to improve but my teacher said that if you got one grade below your target grade then you're on target so i'm currently below target.
Does anyone have any tips on how to improve?
Original post by jelly1203
I'm a year 10 student and my target grade in English is 8 for year 11. In the recent English literature essay i wrote about 'Merchant of Venice' i barely got a 6. I know I have two years to improve but my teacher said that if you got one grade below your target grade then you're on target so i'm currently below target.
Does anyone have any tips on how to improve?

English Tutor?
Reply 2
Show your drafts to your teacher and use her feedback to help you improve. Have a meeting with her and ask her what you can do to make it atleast a 7.Go to any extra classes or ask your friends what they written to help you dont copy.
honestly with english the more you read the better you will be- you'll wrote more fluently and have a much wider view of the subject. With essays, plan them before you start my teacher always used to say 'fail to plan, plan to fail'. look at your text, pick out quotations and then just look at that one quote and write down everypossible annotation for it. also cool literary terms will bump your grade so i suggest buying a literary terms dictionary- there are some rlly wierd things in there but they might help you. hope all goes well

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending