The Student Room Group

The WWE Society II

Scroll to see replies

Reply 5360
Christ. I can't be the only one who never wants to see a Bray Wyatt vs Kane match ever again. Shoddy, one-paced and really poorly put together. Their bout kicked off SmackDown last night, and was underwhelming, before a bit of nonsensical booking saw Randy Orton cost Kane victory. Bizarre.

The booking options were all pretty poor really. We had the Hype Bros go up against the Ascension, two of the stalest tag teams in WWE, let alone the SmackDown roster, for a place to represent the blue brand at Survivor Series in the traditional five-on-five tag team match up. Zack Ryder got the pin, and we had another taste of tag team action when Rhyno and Heath Slater aligned with Dolph Ziggler after a decent promo from the Miz. They defended their belts - successfully - against the Spirit Squad, who continue to be pushed despite it being 2016, not 2007.

The main event was the highlight of an underwhelming and overall poorly put together show. James Ellsworth cost Dean Ambrose the victory against AJ Styles in a WWE Championship bout, which could spark the former to finally turn heel and become villainous going forward. The Ellsworth story - like Heath Slater before it - has been one of the slow-burning, organic pieces of booking which has really resonated with fans and has caught the attention of the fanbase.
Did anybody check out Nine Legends earlier this year? Had a host of big names like Mike Tyson, Goldberg and Jericho. They've just gone all gamer and released a patch of new interviews

[video="youtube;mHu_duOHPl4"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHu_duOHPl4[/video]
Reply 5362
So, three Hell In A Cell matches this weekend. Far, far too many. But Roman, Sasha and Kevin Owens should all retain.
Reply 5363
Hell In A Cell predictions for tonight:

- Cedric Alexander, Lince Dorado and Sin Cara def. Tony Nese, Drew Gulak and Ariya Daivari.
- Roman Reigns def. Rusev in a Hell In A Cell match for the US Championship.
- TJ Perkins def. Brian Kendrick for the WWE Cruiserweight Championship.
- Sasha Banks def. Charlotte in a Hell In A Cell match for the WWE RAW Women's Championship.
- Dana Brooke def. Bayley.
- Enzo and Big Cass def. The Club.
- The New Day def. Cesaro and Sheamus for the WWE RAW Tag-Team Championships.
- Kevin Owens def. Seth Rollins in a Hell In A Cell match for the WWE Universal Championship.
Reply 5364
A decent PPV I felt, but again, the overexposure of the Hell In A Cell match type undermined the whole idea of the PPV.

Rusev and Roman Reigns - whilst a solid opening to a lengthy show - didn't really belong in the cell. It was brutal and a good match, well structured and physical, but neither man utilised the cell. It would have been better served as a No Holds Barred match, or a Street Fight, if I'm honest. Reigns drew the biggest reaction of the night - and it was incredibly mixed - which just emphasises how the company are right to showcase him in a lofty position. He elicits a response, and he delivered again in terms of in-ring action last night. Rusev is becoming more and more like a babyface every time I see him - and, with Lana by his side, I think there's big money to be made from a babyface Rusev. Where Reigns goes now, I have no idea. I'd personally like to see him turn heel and feud with a babyface Big Cass or Big E for the strap, but that won't happen, and he's running out of heel foes, so maybe he's geared up for a short programme with Chris Jericho.

Chris Jericho, by the way, was phenomenal again. I literally laughed out loud when he locked himself in the cell, and him coming to Kevin Owens' aid was good, because it delays the inevitable Jeri-KO combustion and consequent feud. Jericho's run is the best I've seen him since the early-2000s. His shtick is so entertaining, and he breathed life into the Owens vs. Seth Rollins match. I personally think both Owens and Rollins need to go their separate ways now, with a Triple H return and subsequent feud with Rollins beneficial to all involved. Rollins has main evented 16 straight PPVs (while fit) and he needs some time away now in my view.

The tag-team bouts were solid and good fun. Enzo and Cass' promo - as ever - was entertaining, but the Club went over and that was the right call, because they've been booked shoddily for far too long and this helps them gain credibility with a victory, because fans care about wins and losses more than WWE would have you think.

The New Day, meanwhile, moved another step closer to surpassing Demolition as the longest reigning WWE tag champions in history. The company would be smart to keep Sheamus and Cesaro together, though. They seem destined to be the team to break the New Day's domination - after all, WWE loved odd-job partnerships (The Rock and Sock, Jeri-KO, Jeri-Show, ShoMiz, Rated-RKO etc etc.)

It was brilliant to see the women get their chance to top the card, but I actually found both Sasha Banks and Charlotte's - and Bayley and Dana Brooke's - bouts underwhelming. The latter contained too many botches, and I felt queasy watching some of the bumps.

The cruiserweight division has really struggled since it returned to Raw, but Sunday night improved things by taking the strap off TJ Perkins, who has been bland and lacked character development, in favour of the darker, edgier Brian Kendrick. With Kendrick holding the title, the division should now grow in terms of development and character arc.

The six-man tag-team match on the pre-show was excellent, too. Brilliant fun, high-flying spots and an energetic pace. We should have cruiserweights open every RAW show from now on.
Reply 5365
Seth Rollins and Roman Reigns seem on course for a Shield reunion, after the two former allies stood tall to end the RAW broadcast on Monday. Reigns will benefit from having Rollins at his side again, as he will have someone to do the bulk of the talking. And Rollins' character could use some development at this stage.

The main event was set up by a fabulous promo from Mick Foley - one of his best - and a stellar performance from Chris Jericho, once again.

It was an odd show - the choice of Rusev as Goldberg's squash job was odd given how impressive the Bulgarian has looked recently, and his overall workmanship. He is one of the best heels on the roster and shouldn't be diminished by being run over by a part-timer. Goldberg looked pretty rusty, too, and tripped going for Rusev. Plenty of time to shake that off I guess, though.

The Club lost to Enzo and Big Cass in a Trick or Treat Fight, which is just farcical. Any momentum gained by Gallows and Anderson Sunday night was erased by this shoddy match.

Elsewhere, TJ Perkins got a rematch for his lost Cruiserweight Championship, which Brian Kendrick won on Sunday at Hell In A Cell. The match itself was nothing special, with Kendrick allowing Perkins to win by count out, but it was a logical step and gives us hope that Perkins - who has lacked character development thus far - can offer something going forward. I'd personally give the next title shot to Cedric Alexander or Rich Swann, though, and both of those cruiserweights teamed with Sin Cara to defeat Drew Gulak and Tony Nese and Daivari on Monday, in a rematch from the HIAC pre-show.

I'm glad Strowman got showcased in the battle royal and got the victory, too.
Reply 5366
WWE came to Scotland this week - and RAW was actually pretty solid.

Hometown boy Noam Dar was showcased massively, costing him and Brian Kendrick the match in a tag team Cruiserweight bout. That suggests WWE has big plans for him - he certainly had a big pop - and his clash with Kendrick after the bell suggests the company has plans for him, and he could become number one contender for the strap if the company is cooling inn TJ Perkins. He cost Kendrick the match, suggesting he'll be a babyface in future, to give Rich Swann/Sin Cara the win.

The opening segment - aside from Stephanie McMahon's US Election comments - was strong, and gave Seth Rollins the final berth on the RAW Survivor Series team. He faced off against Kevin Owens, Chris Jericho, Braun Strowman and Roman Reigns in a Fatal 5-Way for the main event, with Owens claiming the win inadvertently. That win teased further dissension between him and Jericho, suggesting Jeri-KO could come to an end at Survivor Series.

Strowman was booked strongly - and rightly so - which suggests he could get a couple of eliminations in the Survivor Series bout, but one heel currently lacking direction is Rusev, who lost to Sami Zayn. Rusev - who was fed to Goldberg as fodder last week - needs a babyface turn and some direction.

Zayn missed out on the Survivor Series team - an odd choice, given that Survivor Series will be held in his hometown of Toronto - but he will face Dolph Ziggler in an interbrand IC title match, and you imagine he has a strong chance of sealing the strap and moving to SmackDown. Zayn has had very little to do for some time now - nothing seems to have materialised from the potential feud with Strowman - and the blue brand lacks babyfaces, so that would be smart booking all round.

There were a few missteps - The Golden Truth and the Shining Stars' match, and the long winded tag team segment (which the New Day did their best with) which ended with The New Day wrestling in kilts against the Club, who finally got a decent win under their belts - but other than that, it was a solid show.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 5367
Survivor Series next weekend, folks.

Card:

- Brock Lesnar vs. Goldberg.
- Team RAW (Kevin Owens, Chris Jericho, Roman Reigns, Seth Rollins and Braun Strowman) vs. Team SmackDown (AJ Styles, Dean Ambrose, Randy Orton, Bray Wyatt and Shane McMahon) in a 5–on–5 Survivor Series Elimination match.
- Team RAW (Charlotte, Bayley, Nia Jax, Alicia Fox and Sasha Banks) vs. Team SmackDown (Nikki Bella, Becky Lynch, Alexa Bliss, Naomi and Carmella) in a 5–on–5 Survivor Series Elimination match.
-Team RAW (The New Day, Sheamus and Cesaro, The Club, Enzo and Big Cass and the Shining Stars) vs. Team SmackDown (Heath Slater and Rhyno, The Usos, American Alpha, Breezango and The Hype Bros) in a 10-on-10 Survivor Series Elimination match.
- Dolph Ziggler vs Sami Zayn for the Intercontinental Championship. If Zayn wins, the Intercontinental Championship will transfer to RAW.
- Brian Kendrick vs Kalisto for the Cruiserweight Championship. If Kalisto wins the title, the entire cruiserweight division will transfer to SmackDown.
Original post by Mackay
Survivor Series next weekend, folks.

Card:

- Brock Lesnar vs. Goldberg.
- Team RAW (Kevin Owens, Chris Jericho, Roman Reigns, Seth Rollins and Braun Strowman) vs. Team SmackDown (AJ Styles, Dean Ambrose, Randy Orton, Bray Wyatt and Shane McMahon) in a 5–on–5 Survivor Series Elimination match.
- Team RAW (Charlotte, Bayley, Nia Jax, Alicia Fox and Sasha Banks) vs. Team SmackDown (Nikki Bella, Becky Lynch, Alexa Bliss, Naomi and Carmella) in a 5–on–5 Survivor Series Elimination match.
-Team RAW (The New Day, Sheamus and Cesaro, The Club, Enzo and Big Cass and the Shining Stars) vs. Team SmackDown (Heath Slater and Rhyno, The Usos, American Alpha, Breezango and The Hype Bros) in a 10-on-10 Survivor Series Elimination match.
- Dolph Ziggler vs Sami Zayn for the Intercontinental Championship. If Zayn wins, the Intercontinental Championship will transfer to RAW.
- Brian Kendrick vs Kalisto for the Cruiserweight Championship. If Kalisto wins the title, the entire cruiserweight division will transfer to SmackDown.

Do you think wwe will let Goldberg beat Lesner? Or would they rather have Lesner win? Cause I really want Goldberg to win.

Also if Zayn does win, does mean that the US title will transfer to Smackdown? or would Raw have both titles and Smackdown has nothing.
Survivor Series has the potential to an excellent PPV. Hopefully WWE don't fall on their backsides, it genuinely has all the elements to be really good. Also I do hope Goldberg VS Lesnar does not suck! oh god, the Wrestlemania 20 memories are haunting me!

Also lets not forget at NXT Takeover Toronto, should be awesome! Nakamura VS Joe which shall probably close their feud. Would LOVE to see Samoa Joe debut on the main roster in the Royal Rumble match!
Reply 5370
Original post by mr T 999
Do you think wwe will let Goldberg beat Lesner? Or would they rather have Lesner win? Cause I really want Goldberg to win.

I'd expect Lesnar to win - but Lesnar vs Shane McMahon is being talked about for WM33, apparently, so don't be surprised if Shane O'Mac costs Lesnar the victory, giving Goldberg a win in his first match back, and potentially setting up a Goldberg vs. ??? match at WM33.

Original post by mr T 999
Also if Zayn does win, does mean that the US title will transfer to Smackdown?

Nope.

Original post by Greedoshotfirst
Survivor Series has the potential to an excellent PPV. Hopefully WWE don't fall on their backsides, it genuinely has all the elements to be really good. Also I do hope Goldberg VS Lesnar does not suck! oh god, the Wrestlemania 20 memories are haunting me!

Also lets not forget at NXT Takeover Toronto, should be awesome! Nakamura VS Joe which shall probably close their feud. Would LOVE to see Samoa Joe debut on the main roster in the Royal Rumble match!

Really looking forward to NXT, even though it's been largely underwhelming since WWE ravaged itself talent for the Draft/Brand Extension.

Survivor Series will be excellent, I think. Plenty of decent storylines - and potential for surprises - an Undertaker return is being mooted, we could see Cesaro/Sheamus implode, likewise with Orton/Wyatt, and Jericho/Owens.
Original post by Mackay
I'd expect Lesnar to win - but Lesnar vs Shane McMahon is being talked about for WM33, apparently, so don't be surprised if Shane O'Mac costs Lesnar the victory, giving Goldberg a win in his first match back, and potentially setting up a Goldberg vs. ??? match at WM33.

If Lesner does win that would mean Lesner had beaten Goldberg once and Goldberg has beaten Lesner once. So they are both tied with 1-1 does that mean they may be a 3rd and final match between them to settle the score?
Reply 5372
I think the company seems pretty intent on a McMahon vs Lesnar feud. It seems likely Goldberg, if he wrestles again, will be up against somebody else other than Beast Incarnate. Of course, you have Cena's return to factor in at some point too, but I'd be amazed if he wasn't being lined up for a WM33 bout with Undertaker, if Taker has it in him to have one more match on the grand stage.
Could have Goldberg beat Lesnar so then a regular wrestler can beat him. But the fact remains Goldberg has been out for well over a decade or something. Probably they would rather do a draw or a no-contest.
Reply 5374
Original post by ozzyoscy
Could have Goldberg beat Lesnar so then a regular wrestler can beat him. But the fact remains Goldberg has been out for well over a decade or something. Probably they would rather do a draw or a no-contest.

Yeah, can see this. He looked incredibly rusty during that in-ring exchange with Rusev.

One thing I will say, is that Goldberg looks in great shape. He can definitely, physically at least, prove more substantial than some of Lesnar's previous opponents. But we've seen Lesnar win, time and time again, and we've seen him destroy competition, from Orton and Ambrose, to Rollins, Reigns and Cena.

The drama is in what happens when a defeated Lesnar unleashes his wrath the RAW after Survivor Series.
Feel like the build is way to small for Goldberg to win
Reply 5376
Hasn't been mentioned much, but Zayn winning the IC title in his hometown could be a massive moment, and potentially one of the year.
Reply 5377
A very good RAW pre-Survivor Series, I thought.

The Goldberg and Lesnar segment was full of tension, culminating in a topless face off and Goldberg came over strongly, looking like a genuine threat to the Beast Incarnate. As ever, Heyman was just on fire - and the whole promo was great, really. It was wise to delay the physical confrontation, and wise to book Lesnar a bit cowardly after he lost to Goldberg at WM20 in 2004.

The opening segment saw a series of matches booked, including Roman Reigns and Kevin Owens vs. Cesaro and Sheamus, The New Day vs. Seth Rollins, Chris Jericho and Braun Strowman, along with Charlotte and Sasha Banks vs. Nia Jax and Alicia Fox.

The opening bout, the former, was a solid match that played up the dissension among teammates, which was all this was really supposed to be. After, Sami Zayn squared off with Bo Dallas in singles competition and put over the importance of the IC title.

Chris Jericho, Braun Strowman and Seth Rollins defeated The New Day, but it makes zero sense for a near record-breaking tag team to be beaten by a mismatch trio of superstars thrown together at the last minute, even if Strowman was highlighted and showcased nicely.

Brian Kendrick defeated Sin Cara, and it made sense from Creative to put Sin Cara in this spot given his history with SmackDown Live's Kalisto. The bout itself was good, but the pre-match backstage segment was laughably bad, and it was good the match was swift. The cruiserweight division is in dire need of saving, in truth. Elsewhere, Luke Gallows, Karl Anderson, Enzo Amore and Big Cass defeated The Shining Stars and The Golden Truth. But only the latter two teams are credible.

The brawl which culminated the show was good, but logic was thrown out of the window: Bray Wyatt wearing a SmackDown t-shirt? Rollins walking to the ring with Jericho and Owens? Shane O'Mac clearing the ring?
There's no chance this is Goldberg's last match. I don't see him winning vs Lesnar though.
Reply 5379
The Undertaker AND Edge set to appear on SmackDown's 900th episode tonight.

Quick Reply

Latest