The Student Room Group

Single life is starting to get to me

I've been single for a while now and it is starting to get me down, my closest friends are all in relationships and I just feel like I would like a bit of companionship to do stuff with. I wouldn't say I'm bad looking but I'm not the best looking guy either, I am fit and toned as I go to the gym a lot run a lot and compete in charity races and people say I've got really nice eyes. As for my personality people are always paying me compliments, I went to a party over Halloween and my friends where saying I was the life and soul of the party and I was making everyone laugh. However when it comes to speaking to women I am always really really nervous so I don't approach a woman who I see and that I think is attractive.

People suggested I tried Tinder and POF which I did without any success at all.

Does anyone have any advice for me? Should I feel down about being single?

Scroll to see replies

I think its understandable, but what I would say is most people meet someone when they least expect it. Trying to meet someone on dating sites rarely works out. The only advice I would give is to just concentrate on you for now. Don't rely on another person to bring you happiness. You will meet someone when the time is right, i'm sure.
Reply 2
You're right, young free and single is overrated, unless it's by choice. With what you describe its about tenacity and patience. Flirt with everyone, not just babes, dress well keep up the repartee, ask some girls out..
Reply 3
Well go online and find someone
Reply 4
Original post by Zarek
You're right, young free and single is overrated, unless it's by choice. With what you describe its about tenacity and patience. Flirt with everyone, not just babes, dress well keep up the repartee, ask some girls out..

I would flirt and ask some girls out don't get me wrong I've tried but for some reason I'm just a nervous wreck
Honestly, you won't find happiness in someone else! Only once you find happiness from within are you ready to find happiness from someone else :smile: #Moooose
Reply 6
@NotGodofWorld You're not the only one... :tongue:
(edited 7 years ago)

L y do i need this
@CheeseIsVeg help this poor guy out :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by NotGodofWorld
L y do i need this

Read my edit lool
Original post by 1234moon
Read my edit lool

Okay thanks for that cutie :tongue:
Original post by NotGodofWorld
Okay thanks for that cutie :tongue:

Np x :h:
I'm gonna be 19 in a few weeks and I've never been in a relationship and have only kissed one guy but that was during freshers week so that barely counts.... it seems like everyone else I know is in relationships and people are always going away to visit their boyfriends/girlfriends at the weekends which makes me feel rather lonely and wish that was me... but i think its just one of them things where you just need to wait and see and chances are someone will come along and you'll be able to start a relationship. tonnes of people are young and single so try not to feel embarrassed or upset
Original post by Anonymous
I've been single for a while now and it is starting to get me down, my closest friends are all in relationships and I just feel like I would like a bit of companionship to do stuff with. I wouldn't say I'm bad looking but I'm not the best looking guy either, I am fit and toned as I go to the gym a lot run a lot and compete in charity races and people say I've got really nice eyes. As for my personality people are always paying me compliments, I went to a party over Halloween and my friends where saying I was the life and soul of the party and I was making everyone laugh. However when it comes to speaking to women I am always really really nervous so I don't approach a woman who I see and that I think is attractive.

:console: You need to have more confidence in yourself. People like you, you're nice - you're funny! That's attractive! You just need to be brave, strike up the courage to be yourself and give a funny chat up line or something!
I have faith in you! You can do it - no you shouldn't feel down and I wouldn't reccommend this tinder thing - sounds :s-smilie:
:grouphugs: :rave: You can do this :hugs: Best of luck,
Cheese :smile:

Original post by OvergrownMoose
@CheeseIsVeg help this poor guy out :smile:

:jumphug:
Original post by CheeseIsVeg
:console: You need to have more confidence in yourself. People like you, you're nice - you're funny! That's attractive! You just need to be brave, strike up the courage to be yourself and give a funny chat up line or something!
I have faith in you! You can do it - no you shouldn't feel down and I wouldn't reccommend this tinder thing - sounds :s-smilie:

PRSOM, she is amazing! :smile: #Moooose

:colondollar: Not as amazing as you are!

:love: :kiss2:

that cheerleading smiley though

:love: :kiss2:

wait now hold on a minute now :eyeball:

(covers OP's eyes)
I'm gonna be 19 in a few weeks and I've never been in a relationship and have only kissed one guy but that was during freshers week so that barely counts.... it seems like everyone else I know is in relationships and people are always going away to visit their boyfriends/girlfriends at the weekends which makes me feel rather lonely and wish that was me... but i think its just one of them things where you just need to wait and see and chances are someone will come along and you'll be able to start a relationship. tonnes of people are young and single so try not to feel embarrassed or upset

I'm 20 in a feww weeks and have never been in a relationship, I unwillingly win :colonhash:

I would not date online but that is justme

online dating is a mess, especially if it's someone more than 10 km away from you

unless of course you plan to relocate to their area with work there or you're self employed of a very successful organised business

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending