The Student Room Group

Driving test failed for driving slow in wet conditions

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
A single lane carriageway with central reservation has NSL of 70 also - unless other factors like built up area negate this
Reply 21
My town has a five mile stretch of dual carriageway leading out to a motorway and that has a 50 mph speed limit. It's a busy stretch of road on a major commuter route with lots of sliproads onto it and has been an accident blackspot for decades. I maintain that a better solution would be the locals not driving like raving nutjobs, but apparently lowering the speed limit and installing multiple speed cameras, was cheaper than the police time which had been spent patrolling and sorting out crashes.
Original post by ~Tara~
A single lane carriageway with central reservation has NSL of 70 also - unless other factors like built up area negate this

That is a dual carriageway.
Reply 23
Yes, thanks but in day to day terms people refer to two lane dual carriageway as a dual carriageway, 3 lane as motorway..even if technically it isn't. It's why so many people forget that it's 70 on a single lane dual carriageway
Reply 24
If theyre not one of those drivers that drives 50 everywhere regardless of speed limit.

--
If it makes OP feel better, I failed first driving test for stopping at red light on a blind corner leading into a tunnel. Why? Because some (bad word) bimbo decided she would drive up the ass of a learner driver. I wish I could have billed her for my retest. Don't really understand why I failed when no accident burn if she had hit me, she would have had ticket/points for driving without due care etc
Original post by ~Tara~
Yes, thanks but in day to day terms people refer to two lane dual carriageway as a dual carriageway, 3 lane as motorway..even if technically it isn't. It's why so many people forget that it's 70 on a single lane dual carriageway

So what do they refer a single lane dual carriageway as? Your post implies that there are some special rules for these carriageways (built-up area etc) which there are not. Any rules that apply to a two lane also apply to a single lane.
Aren't you allowed only minors and no majors?
Reply 27
Original post by coldplasma
So what do they refer a single lane dual carriageway as? Your post implies that there are some special rules for these carriageways (built-up area etc) which there are not. Any rules that apply to a two lane also apply to a single lane.

i dunno...a road?

when an area around an existing road such as this becomes more built up (for example) or some other reason they put in 50/40/30 signs. its not special rules just other reasons to be aware of your surroundings if you cant see a speed sign. My point was that a lot of people think the limit is 60 when they see the nsl sign.
Reply 28
Original post by German123
Aren't you allowed only minors and no majors?

You are, but if you get too many minors in a single category it will be upgraded to a major. I can't remember exactly how many is needed though.
I think it's around 13 minors in total and/or 4 minors in a single catagory?
Original post by coldplasma
I think it's around 13 minors in total and/or 4 minors in a single catagory?

15*
Reply 31
The speed limit on a duel carrigeway isn't 70mph you fool, obviously you don't know the highway code
Original post by big col
The speed limit on a duel carrigeway isn't 70mph you fool, obviously you don't know the highway code

So what is the national speed limit on a dual carriageway then?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending