The Student Room Group

muslim teacher receives note telling her to hang herself with her headscarf

Scroll to see replies

Original post by RossB1702
Hope the person(s) responsible get caught.

Tbh America should now issue more stricter laws on racism now because of these unfortunate circumstances. Racism repercussions should be dealt with more severely like for instance I read a post that a black women was filling up her gas and and a group of white guys called her a "nig*er and that they would shoot her if she wasn't in public. Also other cases of Asian minority's being victims of racist abuse and getting called "a chink" and they should go back to their own country when the person in question is American born. These type people need to serve jail time.

Extremely hypocritical if you think about it because statistically only 1% of America is truly American because over the centuries America was took over and inhabited by different races. The only true Americans is Native Americans who's land was taken over years ago. At the moment only 1% of America has Native American heritage in them so they're the only real true Americans. Also this racism and abuse contradicts the motto on the Statue of Liberty "give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free". This annotated the fact that people of all races deserve a better life in America and that America should welcome them with open arms but this is sadly not the case.

Hopefully racism will be be almost non existent as the human race evolves and betters itself over the next decades and centuries.(if we live that long lol)

Now the kids in question are simply naive and stupid and they should be made an example of like an exclusion from school or at the very least a suspension.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha fingers crossed natural selection gets rid of racist people.

Lol I don't believe in it but I still find the thought of that pleasant.:smug:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MildredMalone
Based on most of the recent alleged "hate crimes", she probably faked it.

What are you basing this on? Where did you get your statistics from and what are your sources?

Smart ppl like me wont even bother clicking on links like this because so many left idiots have told fake stories and lies
Original post by Betelgeuse-
Smart ppl like me wont even bother clicking on links like this because so many left idiots have told fake stories and lies

So because it's happened in the past it's 100% likely to be the case this time too? :colonhash:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2016/11/10/women-in-hijabs-on-2-campuses-say-they-were-attacked-by-men-invoking-donald-trump/

https://twitter.com/DidntHappenUk/status/797742211584708608?lang=en

We saw this with Brexit aswell. You need to understand that lying only turns away reasonable peoples eyes and ears and when genuine people do need defending, or a voice, actual victims will find them shortcoming because of these nasty politicised lies
Original post by pmc:producer
Happens every day to people of all different religion's sadly.

yes totally, I mean someone actually has told me to hang myself with a headscarf as well

lol just kidding, that's never happened before :colonhash:
Original post by tammie123
So because it's happened in the past it's 100% likely to be the case this time too? :colonhash:

Nope. Much higher than average chance it is given the political climate. Not worth my time or energy to decipher if its more BS or not
Reply 27
Original post by Sizzzla112
Unfortunate but it's life. Probably more a scare tactic/joke/dare than anything serious.

No, being told to hang yourself with your headscarf isn't really a necessary part of everyday life is it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 28
Nope. Much higher than average chance it is given the political climate. Not worth my time or energy to decipher if its more BS or not

Looks like you've already convinced yourself it's BS though
Don't be a clown and tell us you're being neutral here

Posted from TSR Mobile

Higher than average chance isn't good enough, assumptions should be made when there is concrete proof shouldn't it? Surely thats common sense
Original post by RobML
Looks like you've already convinced yourself it's BS though
Don't be a clown and tell us you're being neutral here

Posted from TSR Mobile

Maybe you could learn to read and you will see i havent even clicked on the article..

THATS MY POINT
Higher than average chance isn't good enough, assumptions should be made when there is concrete proof shouldn't it? Surely thats common sense

Why not? If i think theres a good chance an article is untruthful or reporting on a fabricated event, why would i want to spend 5 mins reading it?

Im not sure what you mean with the second question
Reply 32
Maybe you could learn to read and you will see i havent even clicked on the article..

THATS MY POINT

What point?
What I said is very strongly implicit in the post of yours I quoted. Don't play dumb.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 33
Why not? If i think theres a good chance an article is untruthful or reporting on a fabricated event, why would i want to spend 5 mins reading it?

Because reading it perhaps gives a greater indication of whether it's truthful or not? Are you seriously ruling out a news story based on the title it's been given?

Posted from TSR Mobile

THATS MY POINT

Oh so you're not assuming that the story is fabricated and were just trying to make a point?

I meant that its not logical to assume the story is fabricated just because other stories were.
Original post by RobML
What point?
What I said is very strongly implicit in the post of yours I quoted. Don't play dumb.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You are claiming i am not being impartial when i have said i haven't clicked or read it because of the spate of fabricated hate crime hoaxes and bs stories.

I have no idea if whats contained in the article happened or not, i am simply not interested in reading it to find judge for myself given the recent hoaxes.

?
Oh so you're not assuming that the story is fabricated and were just trying to make a point?

Yes! I have no idea if its true or not, just that i have no interest in finding out given theres a higher than normal chance its fake or fabricated which lead me to the point i wanted to make about the dangers of people lying about these things.

I meant that its not logical to assume the story is fabricated just because other stories were.

I see and agree, i am not saying some fake stories appeared therefore this is also 100% fake. Just that in this political climate and the spate of fake stories, there is a higher than normal chance this is aswell
Original post by RobML
Because reading it perhaps gives a greater indication of whether it's truthful or not? Are you seriously ruling out a news story based on the title it's been given?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not the title its been given, the current hysteria and precedent of fake hate crime reportings is what makes me have no interest in reading the article. I am not ruling out the story as you would like to think i am, i am ruling out allocating 5 minutes of my time reading it. Important distinction which i am sure you are aware off given your apparent eagerness to mis understand what i repeatedly saying
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 38
You are claiming i am not being impartial when i have said i haven't clicked or read it because of the spate of fabricated hate crime hoaxes and bs stories.

I have no idea if whats contained in the article happened or not, i am simply not interested in reading it to find judge for myself given the recent hoaxes.

?

If one ignores an accusation, it implies they believe said accusation to be false. Kind of common sense, so I'd appreciate it if you stopped with the mental gymnastics to convince me otherwise

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Yes! I have no idea if its true or not, just that i have no interest in finding out given theres a higher than normal chance its fake or fabricated which lead me to the point i wanted to make about the dangers of people lying about these things.

I see and agree, i am not saying some fake stories appeared therefore this is also 100% fake. Just that in this political climate and the spate of fake stories, there is a higher than normal chance this is aswell

I see what your saying but what if it is true, dismissing things like this would allow things like this to continue happening. So I don't think ignoring it because there is a higher chance of it being fake is the answer.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending