The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by BusMan21
Congratulations bro. Very well done, and good luck!

Thanks dude, best of luck to you too! As well as everyone in here (and those creeping). Hopefully turns out to be a decent recruiting season.
Reply 1961
Original post by Princepieman
14/14 banks sent: GS, MS, JPM, BAML, Citi, Laz, Roths, Barc, Nomura, HSBC, BNPP, CS, DB, UBS. Indicated preference for IBD where possible except for BNPP which is markets.

Dunno if I cba for BP IST or Fidelity tbh.

Let the SW games begin.

laz opened?
Reply 1962
14/14 banks sent: GS, MS, JPM, BAML, Citi, Laz, Roths, Barc, Nomura, HSBC, BNPP, CS, DB, UBS. Indicated preference for IBD where possible except for BNPP which is markets.

Let the SW games begin.

I did mine over the last 2 months and did exactly those 14 + Fidelity haha...

0-3 so far though so better luck to you my friend!
Original post by Yua
laz opened?

Check their website dude, simple email ting.

Original post by Jker
I did mine over the last 2 months and did exactly those 14 + Fidelity haha...

0-3 so far though so better luck to you my friend!

In hindsight, that would have made more sense but fresher's got in the way lmao.

0-3 as in 3 rejections? Dw about it dude, still early days.
Original post by Trader07
Does anyone know if every bank will cover the travel and accommodation costs?

Yes
Reply 1965

In hindsight, that would have made more sense but fresher's got in the way lmao.

0-3 as in 3 rejections? Dw about it dude, still early days.

Yeah sadly I know! I think this week might be when it starts picking up. I got all 3 rejections in the same week which was 3 weeks ago so been a drought of responses.
Original post by Jker
Yeah sadly I know! I think this week might be when it starts picking up. I got all 3 rejections in the same week which was 3 weeks ago so been a drought of responses.

Same here, got 3 rejections (UBS, DB and probably Barclays).
Reply 1967
Mine were UBS, MS and Nomura for you guys wanting to know.
Applied to all places but have only heard back from ICAP so far, hopefully the "no news is good news" theory is correct.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by therealdeal580
Applied to all places but have only heard back from ICAP so far, hopefully the "no news is good news" theory is correct.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Can I ask you what did you hear back from ICAP and how long after applying?
Original post by martimc
Can I ask you what did you hear back from ICAP and how long after applying?

It was an interview, and I heard back after about a week of applying in late October.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by RWiz
Nope. I am not from a target school. MS did a dinner for like 12 people for all unis in my country.

Posted from TSR Mobile

So not the UK?
Who sent a cover with their Barclays app? Anyone?
(edited 7 years ago)

Let the SW games begin.

Well done mate. Your hard work should pay off. If I were you if you have no interest in spending 2+ years in the back office and risking not making it to trading only crude don't bother applying their application is so long and you can;t save it once you have started.
Big 4 open?
sent off 13 so far - got another 6 to go. Managed to network my way onto a potential 2 week paid summer internship at a boutique ER house - waiting for the interview email...
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by tazza ma razza
Big 4 open?
sent off 13 so far - got another 6 to go. Managed to network my way onto a potential 2 week paid summer internship at a boutique ER house - waiting for the interview email...

6?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jker
Congratulations! Barclays I will assume? Jeeze 8/9 PM on a Friday is kind of late ay :tongue:

Thank you! BAML and yes, an odd time indeed.
How quantitative is AM compared to S&T? Is it possible to exit from both into a HF or can you not do that when in S&T?
Reply 1978
Original post by gwagon
How quantitative is AM compared to S&T? Is it possible to exit from both into a HF or can you not do that when in S&T?

Depends on the type of funds and what your job is. Can be quant

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does Barclays have a video interview alone or a test as well? What is it about?

Latest