The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

Edinburgh offers 2017

Scroll to see replies

Original post by boldred
Do you mind if I ask what your offer is, what grades? Thinking of applying for history at Edinburgh but think it's a bit too risky for my grades.

Yeah of course, my IB predicted grade is 38 - 667 at HL and my offer is 34 points with 665 at HL. I'm an international student so it could be different because they were asking for 40 points
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Original post by SayoniRoy
I got an offer for Computer Science :redface:
The requirement is so low I am thinking of firming Edinburgh.
International student here btw :smile:

Just wondering, when did you apply for CS? International student too for CS, sent my application in 3 weeks ago and hoping they reply soon :smile:
Original post by ajohannesson
Just wondering, when did you apply for CS? International student too for CS, sent my application in 3 weeks ago and hoping they reply soon :smile:

October 6th :smile: I got reply after 7 or so days of applying
Reply 43
Scottish student here! Unconditional for EME received earlier today :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sassy01
Scottish student here! Unconditional for EME received earlier today :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congrats! 😊 When did you apply?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 45
Original post by tmwilliams
Congrats! 😊 When did you apply?

Posted from TSR Mobile

14th of October, wasn't expecting a response so soon bc Edinburgh usually are later on so was pleasantly surprised!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone know if international students need to upload a transcript anywhere? I'm a post qualification applicant from Denmark, haven't heard anything from them so far.
Original post by Hjortlund
Anyone know if international students need to upload a transcript anywhere? I'm a post qualification applicant from Denmark, haven't heard anything from them so far.

They won't look at your application until the deadline, 15th of January. After that, they'll ask you for the transcript.
What course are you applying for?
Original post by DKstudent
They won't look at your application until the deadline, 15th of January. After that, they'll ask you for the transcript.
What course are you applying for?

Really? Just hearing of people getting offers, so thought they would maybe send them out a bit earlier? I'm applying for astrophysics, you? Applying to any other universities?
Original post by Hjortlund
Really? Just hearing of people getting offers, so thought they would maybe send them out a bit earlier? I'm applying for astrophysics, you? Applying to any other universities?

Yeah, I read it. However, all applicants applying before January 15 get to the pool where Edinburgh gives offers from the highest grades down, until the course is full. (This is how they do for eu/Scottish students - not sure how it works for uk and overseas)
Social anthropology and Politics
Reply 50
Hi

I will be applying for Edinburgh for first year entry for chemical engineering with predicted grades of ABB ( maths,chem,bio respectively) even though i know i can get an AAB but cant push my teachers anymore. Is it still likely for me to get an offer of an AAB for Edinbugh University for ChemEng with ABB predicted grades.

Reply 51
I got a conditional AAB in Meng Structural Engineering with Architecture.
Hi, international student here (India). Got a conditional offer from Edinburgh for English Literature. The conditions are 34 points overall with 655 at HL. Im v surprised at how low the condition is though. My predicted was 43 points, which is what they say is their typical offer foe English Lit, but the condition is 9 points lower! It's their minimum entry requirement condition. Do they do this for everyone?
Original post by scroshogulla
Hi, international student here (India). Got a conditional offer from Edinburgh for English Literature. The conditions are 34 points overall with 655 at HL. Im v surprised at how low the condition is though. My predicted was 43 points, which is what they say is their typical offer foe English Lit, but the condition is 9 points lower! It's their minimum entry requirement condition. Do they do this for everyone?

It is because you are an international student. As long as international students meet the minimum entry requirement, they are accepted. This is because they do not have any quota on international students as they have on home/EU and UK. Also, international students pay a lot in tuition fee and are therefore major contributors in funding the university.
And congratulations on your predictions! If I were you, I would maybe consider a university where the entire student body have reached around the same high scores as you!
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 54
Original post by scroshogulla

When did you apply buddy?
Original post by DKstudent
Yeah, I read it. However, all applicants applying before January 15 get to the pool where Edinburgh gives offers from the highest grades down, until the course is full. (This is how they do for eu/Scottish students - not sure how it works for uk and overseas)
Social anthropology and Politics

Are you sure of this?
I applied on October 22nd yet have heard nothing from them except the acknowledgement e-mail and other usual stuff. My predicted grades are meeting the typical entry requirement.
Original post by Kanelbullar
Are you sure of this?
I applied on October 22nd yet have heard nothing from them except the acknowledgement e-mail and other usual stuff. My predicted grades are meeting the typical entry requirement.

Yes. Pretty sure. But are you EU/Home or UK? If so, the typical offer won't secure you a place. It really depends on the offer threshold. For example, the typical offer for politics is said to be 40 IB points or A*AA. However, the offer threshold for 2016 entry was 42 IB points or A*A*A for Eu/home students.
That seems peculiar since no Scottish/EU students have yet gotten offers (as far as I can see) because they sort us out after the New Year. I'm from the EU btw. The predicted grades for my national examinations are the highest they can possibly be so I can't really do any better so I'm hoping for an offer even though I might not get one.
Has anyone received an offer for Modern Languages, or Modern Languages and Linguistics?
Hello all! I'm what schools consider a "non-traditional" student in that I'm 40 and applying for postgraduate studies. I applied to Uni. of Edinburgh on 03 Oct, 2016 for Scottish History. At this point I haven't heard anything beyond they have received all my information. When I check MyEd, my application status says "all items received". It's been 6 weeks. After hearing so many have gotten their acceptance, I think it's time to count my losses. It's a horrible feeling...especially when the parts of History you feel passionate to study aren't easily accessible in the U.S.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending