The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

done jpm, laz. cs, hsbc, bnpp. aam, icap,citi, macquarie,ubs. bernstein, nomura

got db, barc, fidelity, roths and ccg still to go; alongside 3-4 boutique AM + IBs and the big 4 to do.
Would you lot recommend revising for the Credit Suisse/Citi Verbal Tests? Or are they fairly straightforward verbal comprehension type things?
Original post by gwagon
How quantitative is AM compared to S&T? Is it possible to exit from both into a HF or can you not do that when in S&T?

This Q is like asking how spicy is a pizza vs pasta.

Yes, some pizzas are spicy and some pasta dishes are spicy.

If you want to upgrade from pasta (S&T) to lasagne (an HF) it has to have the same meat (product). Likewise with pizza (AM). Lasagnas (HFs) come in all shapes (strategies) and sizes (AUM) with different meats (product coverage).

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Quiet_Male
Would you lot recommend revising for the Credit Suisse/Citi Verbal Tests? Or are they fairly straightforward verbal comprehension type things?

i ahve just been practising numericals - didn't realise they had verbals
Original post by gwagon
How quantitative is AM compared to S&T? Is it possible to exit from both into a HF or can you not do that when in S&T?

Depends on the role. I think there's quant research in AM or something similar which is quantitative, but most roles in AM and S&T are not very quantitative and you just need basic maths skills for them.
Original post by tazza ma razza
done jpm, laz. cs, hsbc, bnpp. aam, icap,citi, macquarie,ubs. bernstein, nomura

got db, barc, fidelity, roths and ccg still to go; alongside 3-4 boutique AM + IBs and the big 4 to do.

Guessing Aberdeen, CCG and Bernstein are summer internships?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Quiet_Male

Citi doesn't have a verbal test.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Could anyone recommend how to prepare for the Barclays video interview please? Thanks
Original post by economicss
Could anyone recommend how to prepare for the Barclays video interview please? Thanks

scroll back into le thread
Does anyone know how it takes to get a response from Barclays after the interview ?
Reply 1990
Original post by Princepieman
Guessing Aberdeen, CCG and Bernstein are summer internships?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do these take first year students? PWM internships?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
So what we have learnt so far is that if you don't get a reply from Barclays the next day after your interview, you assume rejection?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by therealdeal580
So what we have learnt so far is that if you don't get a reply from Barclays the next day after your interview, you assume rejection?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hasn't been a confirmed finding tbh

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Trader07
got rejected by UBS, anyway their online application process is a mess

Sorry to hear that man. May I ask when you applied?

Cheers
How long do BAML take to send the SJT? Sent my application off but still not got anything
Reply 1995
They are so slow this year compared to last year, holy ****.
Has anyone actually had an interview with UBS? Got an email couple of weeks ago saying they'd tell me details for an interview, but had nothing since... Sent an email asking for update last week and they said by the end of the week (13th Nov)...
Original post by banana5
How long do BAML take to send the SJT? Sent my application off but still not got anything

Usually automatic

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by RWiz
Do these take first year students? PWM internships?

Posted from TSR Mobile

AM. I think they do.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Princepieman
Usually automatic

Posted from TSR Mobile

Strange..... Do you have the HR email address?

Latest