The Student Room Group

Are my A-Levels good enough for a decent university for Computer Science?

I am currently in Sixth Form (year 12) and I am doing Maths (along with the decision 1 and statistics 1 modules), Computer Science and Accountancy (A2 Level). I am also doing AS Enterprise, just for year 12.
I want to do Computer Science at university, most likely Computer Science with Business Management.
Do you think these A Levels are good enough for a university place (most likely not for the 'top' ones, like Oxford, Cambridge, UCL etc.); but what about other unis?
Also I see that Accounting is considered 'soft', and so will this make my application less competitive, or no?
Thanks.
I'm not sure what you're going by when you say something is 'considered' soft. Look at unis you're interested in and check their entry requirements and then go from there. If you meet the entry requirements you have a good chance.
Reply 2
Original post by alleycat393
I'm not sure what you're going by when you say something is 'considered' soft. Look at unis you're interested in and check their entry requirements and then go from there. If you meet the entry requirements you have a good chance.

One of the unpreferred subjects by elite russel group universities. Also, most CS Degrees require just Maths A level, as a minimum.
Original post by TheBoyFive
One of the unpreferred subjects by elite russel group universities. Also, most CS Degrees require just Maths A level, as a minimum.

Russell group = research intensive which means nothing to undergrads so I suggest you stop worrying about that and focus on thinking about which unis offer the best course for you and what their entry requirements are. Good luck!
Reply 4
Original post by alleycat393
Russell group = research intensive which means nothing to undergrads so I suggest you stop worrying about that and focus on thinking about which unis offer the best course for you and what their entry requirements are. Good luck!

Thanks

Quick Reply