The Student Room Group

JLR Advanced Apprenticeship or College and University?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by King_
Well my brother just got the Auto-Electrician job so I also want to do it as a second choice.

https://nationalcareersservice.direct.gov.uk/job-profiles/auto-electrician

If you look here theres different things you would do. I want to do one of these things..

Also how many tests do they send you? And will you have to do them again at the assessment centre? Do the to one to one interviews at the assessment or do they just observe you? If they do give you a one to one interview, what kind of questions do they ask?

The job described (as I read it) would definitely be an advanced level apprenticeship.
Whether or not it would be one of apprentice roles this year I couldn't say.
It certainly wouldn't be a job that would require a degree.
Reply 21
Original post by King_
Well my brother just got the Auto-Electrician job so I also want to do it as a second choice.

https://nationalcareersservice.direct.gov.uk/job-profiles/auto-electrician

If you look here theres different things you would do. I want to do one of these things..

Also how many tests do they send you? And will you have to do them again at the assessment centre? Do the to one to one interviews at the assessment or do they just observe you? If they do give you a one to one interview, what kind of questions do they ask?

Not sure on how many tests, think it was two when I did it.
It's a formal interview, as though you were applying for the job directly.
Standard interview questions.
Reply 22
Original post by Tubbz
Not sure on how many tests, think it was two when I did it.
It's a formal interview, as though you were applying for the job directly.
Standard interview questions.

So you dont do the tests again at the assessment centre? Also did they ask you questions from looking at your CV? For example you wrote on your CV "I have very good problem solving skills" .. Would the ask you something like "When did you solve different problems?" Also can you give me more info on the assessment centre.. Just waiting for a response as to whether I passed the first test. Hopefully I do. Was you first test involve 8 videos and around 4 questions per video with the same answer choices? And what was your second test like?
Reply 23
Original post by King_
So you dont do the tests again at the assessment centre? Also did they ask you questions from looking at your CV? For example you wrote on your CV "I have very good problem solving skills" .. Would the ask you something like "When did you solve different problems?" Also can you give me more info on the assessment centre.. Just waiting for a response as to whether I passed the first test. Hopefully I do. Was you first test involve 8 videos and around 4 questions per video with the same answer choices? And what was your second test like?

Can't see why they'd ask about your problem solving skills, you're being assessed on that all day.
But yeah it's the standard CV in front of them, give me an example of when you X.
It's an interview it's a fairly standard format for a professional interview.

I don't remember videos in my online tests, but it was a while ago now.
Reply 24
Original post by Tubbz
Can't see why they'd ask about your problem solving skills, you're being assessed on that all day.
But yeah it's the standard CV in front of them, give me an example of when you X.
It's an interview it's a fairly standard format for a professional interview.

I don't remember videos in my online tests, but it was a while ago now.

Well I didn't go through unfortunately. I may just do courses for plumbing, gas etc. As my cousin does it and offered to help me if I needed some experience. Hes has his own small company so all good. Maybe in the future I might apply for a job role in JLR if its something I am comfortable with. Thanks for the help
Reply 25
Original post by King_
Well I didn't go through unfortunately. I may just do courses for plumbing, gas etc. As my cousin does it and offered to help me if I needed some experience. Hes has his own small company so all good. Maybe in the future I might apply for a job role in JLR if its something I am comfortable with. Thanks for the help

That's a shame.

There's always next year, it's not just open to school leavers.

Maybe look at doing Maths A Level and something else and then apply for the degree one if you're still interested in an apprenticeship with JLR?
Reply 26
Original post by Tubbz
That's a shame.

There's always next year, it's not just open to school leavers.

Maybe look at doing Maths A Level and something else and then apply for the degree one if you're still interested in an apprenticeship with JLR?

Yeah maybe if the Plumbing and Heating idea goes wrong then maybe I will. Could you read my recent post please. The Plumbing and Heating one please:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest