The Student Room Group

Have I messed up?

I met this guy on the bus just over a month ago. I'd recently been dumped, so after flirting with a handsome stranger, I felt pretty good about it! He gave me his number and we met up a few days later. When we've met up, its been to a coffee shop and having dinner. I've met his friends, who are all so nice to me, and I met his mum and sister. All going well, right?

Nearly two weeks ago, because I live a bus ride away, he suggested that I could stay over at his, because we went bowling late at night and it would save me having to get a lift.

Long story short, we slept together. In the morning, it wasn't awkward like I thought it'd be. It was very loving. We had breakfast together and kissed goodbye when I went home.

Me, being as insecure as I was, immediately thought that something was wrong. We met up again and it was like everything was normal again, but we didn't kiss like last time. Afterwards, I texted him, asking the next time we met up, if it could be a "proper date" and he replied, saying "I'll think about it". Now I feel like I've made things awkward between us.

Everything was going so well up until then and I'm so scared that I've messed things up. I know that its only been a month, so maybe waiting for a date would be a good thing, but I dont know what he will say. Also, my ex recently got into a relationship, so that's some added pressure...

Opinions?
Original post by jessn122
I met this guy on the bus just over a month ago. I'd recently been dumped, so after flirting with a handsome stranger, I felt pretty good about it! He gave me his number and we met up a few days later. When we've met up, its been to a coffee shop and having dinner. I've met his friends, who are all so nice to me, and I met his mum and sister. All going well, right?

Nearly two weeks ago, because I live a bus ride away, he suggested that I could stay over at his, because we went bowling late at night and it would save me having to get a lift.

Long story short, we slept together. In the morning, it wasn't awkward like I thought it'd be. It was very loving. We had breakfast together and kissed goodbye when I went home.

Me, being as insecure as I was, immediately thought that something was wrong. We met up again and it was like everything was normal again, but we didn't kiss like last time. Afterwards, I texted him, asking the next time we met up, if it could be a "proper date" and he replied, saying "I'll think about it". Now I feel like I've made things awkward between us.

Everything was going so well up until then and I'm so scared that I've messed things up. I know that its only been a month, so maybe waiting for a date would be a good thing, but I dont know what he will say. Also, my ex recently got into a relationship, so that's some added pressure...

Opinions?

Was you drunk?
Reply 2
Original post by ckfeister
Was you drunk?

No
No

Well if you kissed for love then went home after sleeping together, that sounds a bit weird... and thats coming from coming who is hopeless romantic, he isn't bothered about you anymore move on.

Opinions?

Some of this doesn't make sense to me. You asked him for a 'proper' date and are now worried that you've messed things up. But you say in your first para that you went out for dinner! What's that if it's not a 'proper' date?

I'm not quite sure what you're asking here. What are you worried about, given that you've already had what most people would consider a proper date with him?
Reply 5
Original post by Reality Check
Some of this doesn't make sense to me. You asked him for a 'proper' date and are now worried that you've messed things up. But you say in your first para that you went out for dinner! What's that if it's not a 'proper' date?

I'm not quite sure what you're asking here. What are you worried about, given that you've already had what most people would consider a proper date with him?

It's because it was never really said that it as a date.
Give him time to think about it. It seems like he fancies you so I'm not sure why he'd respond like that. Perhaps he was teasing. What are his financial means? It could be he doesn't have a lot of financial resources and feels pressured in a 'date' situation. I don't think you introduce someone to friends and family if it is just casual. Well, I guess it depends on the circumstance of the meeting. Well, hopefully, he'll contact you and y'all can meet up again. But, being that the next step has been taken now is the time to figure out where this is headed. It seems like you'd like to see if a relationship could be forming and hopefully he does too. You don't want to pressure him but if you're not just out for casual sex you need to find out what he's thinking. You both need to be on the same page. Good Luck and let us know what happens!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending