The Student Room Group

Muslims will be banned from entering the US

Scroll to see replies

Original post by champ_mc99
I don't fully agree. Many Islamist terrorists are known for visiting clubs and drinking a day before they blow up. With this ISIS mentality they can pretty much do anything a non-Muslim can do until their 'noble matrydom'.

i think they day before they blow themselves up is the time they would decide to try some of the fun things they had been deprived of there whole lives in an islamic society (aka the 9/11 terrorists). it isnt an indicator of there ideologies.
but i concede that islamists have the concept . of lieing or pretending to blend in with the 'kuffar' in order to attack them ( Taqiyya)
which they use to reconcile their actions and their ideology to their mates

the reality is the americans if implemented ( v unlikely) will jsut try and surveil 'muslim looking' ppl more ie brown people, whish is what they and probably most of global security forces already do. not that it works, given there have been a number of white islamist terrorists such as in europe and indeed the boston bomber in usa itself
rather than a genuine idea for practiable policy im sure this policy is simply an imdication of a general mistrust of islamist agendas globally, which unfortunalty the average muslim is sufferring the brunt of in their daily lives - becuase the muslim world has failed to do anything to arrest the spread of islamism
Its not going to happen.The USA is much too in thrall to saudi arabia and other rich middle east states for that to happen.
Original post by yudothis
He just said today that he really likes some aspects of Obamacare and that he really respects Obama and doesn't want to completely wipe out that part of Obama's work.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-elections/donald-trump-obamacare-repeals-latest-policies-quote-replacement-president-elect-a7412621.html

Mind you, Trump says whatever the hell he thinks at any given time, so until he actually does something, it is pointless speculating.

Exactly what he said during the debates. If you had paid attention.
Original post by BobBobson
Exactly what he said during the debates. If you had paid attention.

http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2016/10/25/health-coverage-confusion-as-trump-attacks-horrible-obamacare/

“I can say all of my employees are having a tremendous problem with Obamacare,” Mr. Trump said. “You folks, this is another group. Is that a correct statement? I mean you look at what they’re going through. What they’re going through with their health care is horrible because of Obamacare. So we’ll repeal it and replace it.”

Back to your lying are you, Nigel?
http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2016/10/25/health-coverage-confusion-as-trump-attacks-horrible-obamacare/

“I can say all of my employees are having a tremendous problem with Obamacare,” Mr. Trump said. “You folks, this is another group. Is that a correct statement? I mean you look at what they’re going through. What they’re going through with their health care is horrible because of Obamacare. So we’ll repeal it and replace it.”

Back to your lying are you, Nigel?

Yeah, during that quote he says Obamacare is horrible, which it is. He's going to repeal and replace it, but that doesn't mean he can't include some stuff that was actually alright within Obamacare, for example, pre-existing.

2nd Debate, Trump: "we will be able to keep pre-existing and we will also be able to help those who can't, don't have money, because we are going to keep people protected. ". By pre-existing, he means the provision within Obamacare that says that insurance companies can't refuse to insure people who have pre-existing conditions and he has always supported helping people out who can't afford insurance. So he is going to keep the parts of Obamacare which stops insurance companies from discriminating against people with pre-existing conditions and the parts which helps poorer families out (obviously amending it). What's new?

https://youtu.be/P-8q5tvWyyU?t=2m45s

It's funny isn't it, that the only people saying he's backtracking is the people that didn't support him and most likely never actually listened to what he was proposing.
Yeah, during that quote he says Obamacare is horrible, which it is. He's going to repeal and replace it, but that doesn't mean he can't include some stuff that was actually alright within Obamacare, for example, pre-existing.

2nd Debate, Trump: "we will be able to keep pre-existing and we will also be able to help those who can't, don't have money, because we are going to keep people protected. ". By pre-existing, he means the provision within Obamacare that says that insurance companies can't refuse to insure people who have pre-existing conditions and he has always supported helping people out who can't afford insurance. So he is going to keep the parts of Obamacare which stops insurance companies from discriminating against people with pre-existing conditions and the parts which helps poorer families out (obviously amending it). What's new?

https://youtu.be/P-8q5tvWyyU?t=2m45s

It's funny isn't it, that the only people saying he's backtracking is the people that didn't support him and most likely never actually listened to what he was proposing.

I am sure he does and he is being purposefully vague so that people can interpret whatever they want into it, as you are doing now.

I mean I don't even know why you are arguing. Pretty much every commentator from whatever side is calling it a u-turn.

It's not funny at all that the only people buying his bs are the people who voted for him in the first place. It's a ****ing sad testament to the pathetic state of humanity.
Meh!
I am sure he does and he is being purposefully vague so that people can interpret whatever they want into it, as you are doing now.

I mean I don't even know why you are arguing. Pretty much every commentator from whatever side is calling it a u-turn.

It's not funny at all that the only people buying his bs are the people who voted for him in the first place. It's a ****ing sad testament to the pathetic state of humanity.

How could somone interpret "We're going to keep pre-existing" in a different way?

"Pretty much every commentator from whatever side is calling it a u-turn". Oh yes, the all-knowing political commentators. The ones owned by Hillary's campaign or the ones that are paid solely to report something interesting whether or not it's true? Or how about both? Aren't they the ones who also said that Hillary would win by a landslide?

"It's a ****ing sad testament to the pathetic state of humanity." Cry more.
How could somone interpret "We're going to keep pre-existing" in a different way?

"Pretty much every commentator from whatever side is calling it a u-turn". Oh yes, the all-knowing political commentators. The ones owned by Hillary's campaign or the ones that are paid solely to report something interesting whether or not it's true? Or how about both? Aren't they the ones who also said that Hillary would win by a landslide?

"It's a ****ing sad testament to the pathetic state of humanity." Cry more.

I believe the people crying were you Pepetarians "omg the elite is so bad liberals are so bad the world is so bad we need brexit and trump boohoo".

"I will repeal it" - that's how I can interpret it.

Conspiracy theory much? Oh no they control everything, fight the power!
Original post by Ciel.
They can just take off the headscarf or say they're wearing it because it's fashionable or whatever. There are millions of brown atheists with 'muslim-sounding' names.
It's just not going to happen.

oh you're talking about people from muslim families that are now atheist, well im afraid that'll still be incriminating enough.
people said trump would never win but it happened
Reply 190
Original post by Retropattern
oh you're talking about people from muslim families that are now atheist, well im afraid that'll still be incriminating enough.
people said trump would never win but it happened

Not really, I'm talking about how difficult it would be to distinguish between them. They can simply lie and say they are atheist or Christian. Trump probably won't even attempt to ban them, I think he just wanted to appeal to some groups of people when he said that. Like most politicians do.
Original post by liberalluv
So do two wrongs make a right? Should we go as low and be as intolerant as the saudis? Are muslims responsible for the decisions of the saudi government?

I'm replying to you here coz my thread seems to have been deleted.
Anyway, it was amazing that even an ignorant individual with a pea-sized brain such as yourself couldn't find the irony in your last statement, where you claimed I was spreading hate propaganda, but then immediately turned around to call Indians the most backward, hate-spewing creatures on the planet.
Original post by Saba XD
I don't think it is as why would non-muslims even be interested in going to Mecca.

Why are muslims so interested in coming to the West and living in a culture that they clearly don't fit into?
Original post by Wōden
Why are muslims so interested in coming to the West and living in a culture that they clearly don't fit into?

Since you know so much about me, tell me exactly why I don't fit into the west? Go ahead since you know so much and can read peoples minds

You're really gonna assume things about me based on some other muslims you know about. What if I have a different interpretation of islam to them.
as a muslim, i understand why trump wants to ban muslims...but.... will that prevent terrorists from entering the country? i guess not. if trump wants to reduce terrorism in US then he has to ban the use of guns by civilians and create rules in which a body search by the security should be more common and increase the defence inside the country. a terrorist won't give a **** about muslim ban because he/she will enter no matter what if their intentions are to bring destruction even if it costs their life. actually, i doubt if trump is going to even make the rule of banning muslims official.
Reply 195
"but muuuuum johnny stole the cookies... Why cant I???"
Literally whats going on lol
Just bc Saudi has insane laws implemented doesn't mean we have to mimic them and stoop down to their level?

Hey they also don't let women drive, or go outside without a male relative - why dont we implement that too?
Original post by Wōden

I'm not interested so please don't quote me.
Original post by ATW1
One must convert to Islam to move to Saudi Arabia.

:lolwut:

I'm no fan of Saudi immigration policy (or Saudi itself), but this is false.
Original post by MJlover
My God, not even for a holiday? I would have loved to visit New York.

Well at the end of the day, this is God (Allah)'s earth and it should be free for anyone to move about, not only rich white folks. Allah is the True King and he'll judge Trump on Judgement day for being unfair to Muslims and other groups.

Chillax sister, Allah works in mysterious ways and its not for you to judge. Only Allan may judge
Original post by Betelgeuse-
Chillax sister, Allah works in mysterious ways and its not for you to judge. Only Allan may judge

salaam, thats what I meant by my post

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending