The Student Room Group

How to get 3 A*'s

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Christie_xx
Maths, Further Maths, Economics (all OCR) and Chemistry (AQA)

How about you?😄

Ohh wow lol smashed it! I'm doing maths, chem, bio (all AQA)
Don't go outside
Original post by cleggj88
Don't go outside

looool
Original post by OfficialChemist
Ohh wow lol smashed it! I'm doing maths, chem, bio (all AQA)

Ooh nice! What have you applied do at uni?
Yeah I am ahaha, I'm hoping to get 3 A*s too! How have you been finding yr 13 so far?

What are you hoping to do at uni?
You do know that <3% of A level students achieve three A*s? By all means aim high, but don't beat yourself up about it or add even more stress to your A level years :smile:
I achieved 3A*'s last year :smile: and trust me, it is definitely possible to achieve this with a social life! In fact, I don't think I would have been able to get those grades if I had just locked myself away in my room. Advice:
1. Do all past papers, understand the mark schemes (memorise but actually understand what you are memorising)
2. Again, in the past memorising has been enough but so many people got totally screwed over last year because the exam boards tend to be focusing more on application.
3. Be calm!
4. Try to actually enjoy the subject, do some extra reading (not too much though haha)
5. Make sure you are constantly consolidating what you have learnt, and try to make it fun!
Original post by MajorFader
What are you hoping to do at uni?

I wanna do economics, hopefully (although unlikely) at Cambridge 🙏

How about you?
Original post by samrosenwalker
I achieved 3A*'s last year :smile: and trust me, it is definitely possible to achieve this with a social life! In fact, I don't think I would have been able to get those grades if I had just locked myself away in my room. Advice:
1. Do all past papers, understand the mark schemes (memorise but actually understand what you are memorising)
2. Again, in the past memorising has been enough but so many people got totally screwed over last year because the exam boards tend to be focusing more on application.
3. Be calm!
4. Try to actually enjoy the subject, do some extra reading (not too much though haha)
5. Make sure you are constantly consolidating what you have learnt, and try to make it fun!

What subjects did you do?
Original post by MajorFader
What subjects did you do?

Chemistry, Biology, Philosophy&ethics :smile:
Original post by OfficialChemist
How does someone pull off the holy grail of 3 A*'s in A-Level, i'm studying Maths, Chem & Bio and i'll be lucky to even get B's

I am in Year 13 btw

Hi! So I got A*A*A* (took my A levels in summer of 2016) in maths, further maths and physics.

I have a youtube channel (alicedoesphysics) where I talk about how I got an A* in those specific subjects, but in general how I got those grades was a hell of a lot of hard work, a really strong resolve, and luck.

I can also confirm that you can definitely get three A*s and do a lot of other stuff (eg. I also did gold dofe, scouts, was a scout leader, ballet, modern, guitar etc) and have a social life. You just need to work effectively when you are doing revision / A level work, and good time management.
(edited 7 years ago)
Ooh nice! What have you applied do at uni?

I would like to study Chemical Engineering but let's see how it goes lol
Original post by loveire&song
Hi! So I got A*A*A* (took my A levels in summer of 2016) in maths, further maths and physics.

I have a youtube channel (alicedoesphysics) where I talk about how I got an A* in those specific subjects, but in general how I got those grades was a hell of a lot of hard work, a really strong resolve, and luck.

I can also confirm that you can definitely get three A*s and do a lot of other stuff (eg. I also did gold dofe, scouts, was a scout leader, ballet, modern, guitar etc) and have a social life. You just need to work effectively when you are doing revision / A level work, and good time management.

Ohh wow smashed it lol, yep that's good advice tbh
Original post by loveire&song

Here she is again. Reeling in the subs 😃👍
Original post by Maths is Life
Here she is again. Reeling in the subs 😃👍

haha tbh it's just easier than typing out the same thing lots of times which is what I had been doing! 😂 Plus, where else other than thestudentroom do you find people interested in a physics channel? 😉

Quick Reply

Latest