The Student Room Group

UCAS application questions about choices

Hiya! When choosing the university choices you need to say whever you are going to stay at home or live without parents. Does anyone know if I'll change my mind later on when e.g. I got an offer from university can I just e.g. live with my parents when I said previously that I'll not and vice versa?!! I hope you all know what I mean :wink:
Yes you can change your mind, but you have to tell student finance if you do
Reply 2
Original post by claireestelle
Yes you can change your mind, but you have to tell student finance if you do

Thank you!! As I can't decide if I want live at home and get a train everyday or just live in another city
Original post by zofii
Hiya! When choosing the university choices you need to say whever you are going to stay at home or live without parents. Does anyone know if I'll change my mind later on when e.g. I got an offer from university can I just e.g. live with my parents when I said previously that I'll not and vice versa?!! I hope you all know what I mean :wink:

That field is completely ignored by most universities. The only ones that do use it will not notify you of accommodation options/applications if you tick "living at home" - so if there's a chance you might live away from home don't tick the "live at home" box.

Universities know applicants tick it incorrectly (I've seen applicants from Africa tick that they were going to live at home - which is an impressive commute!) so most wont use it at all.

It isn't passed on to Student Finance - you specify when you apply to student finance directly whether you plan to live at home or not.
Reply 4
Original post by PQ
That field is completely ignored by most universities. The only ones that do use it will not notify you of accommodation options/applications if you tick "living at home" - so if there's a chance you might live away from home don't tick the "live at home" box.

Universities know applicants tick it incorrectly (I've seen applicants from Africa tick that they were going to live at home - which is an impressive commute!) so most wont use it at all.

It isn't passed on to Student Finance - you specify when you apply to student finance directly whether you plan to live at home or not.

Thank you very much for your replay!
Yes you can change your mind. The only reason they ask whether you intend on living at home is to know whether they should send you information about accommodation by email/post. As long as you keep Student Finance updated once you've applied (to make sure you get the right amount of money for your loan), its fine.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending