LSE 2017 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Alexwwg
You mind telling me which course you applying to?:smile:

Business mathematics
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
It is good how LSE give out decisions on Thursdays and Fridays usually as we won't be expecting to hear back the remaining days of the week.
Reply 782
after the initial review email, after how much time does the 8 weeks email or the rejection email usually come?
Original post by RK7000
after the initial review email, after how much time does the 8 weeks email or the rejection email usually come?

Around two weeks. It has been two weeks for me and everyone I know.
I submitted my application exactly a month ago, and I JUST received the eight week email. That means I will have to wait till at least January. Probably more. This sucks.
Just got my 8 week email, sent my application off on 17/10
I sent my application on the 14th, got the 8 week email today. So exactly a month.
Reply 787
Original post by turingfp
I sent my application on the 14th, got the 8 week email today. So exactly a month.

Same!
Just got my 8 week email. Trying not to build up false hope but I hope all goes well. Fingers crossed!
If you don't mind asking :smile: what did you apply for?
Original post by Math12017
If you don't mind asking :smile: what did you apply for?

Accounting & Finance :smile:
I have a question. Everybody is talking about 2 weeks and 8 weeks email but what is it? I just recieved one telling me that my application is under initial review, is it the 2 weeks email?
Original post by apaulo5
I have a question. Everybody is talking about 2 weeks and 8 weeks email but what is it? I just recieved one telling me that my application is under initial review, is it the 2 weeks email?

Yes
Original post by munirahalyana
Accounting & Finance :smile:

hi,

If you don't mind me asking what grades did you achieve at GCSE and A-Level or equivalent?
I have a question for all the people out here. So this is just my theory but at the initial review stage they mainly look at your PS and stuff like grades too but mainly PS. then at the second stage (8 week) you are compared to others probably on the basis of grades so correct me if im wront but

1st stage: PS centred
2nd stage:Grades
Original post by Salman53101
I have a question for all the people out here. So this is just my theory but at the initial review stage they mainly look at your PS and stuff like grades too but mainly PS. then at the second stage (8 week) you are compared to others probably on the basis of grades so correct me if im wront but

1st stage: PS centred
2nd stage:Grades

I believe it's the other way around. Grades are the prerequisites
Original post by evar12345
I believe it's the other way around. Grades are the prerequisites

Not really, people have been rejected after two weeks for an inadequate PS. They view your application alone first, and then if it meets the criteria they compare you to others. Both are important in both stages.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by christiha
Yes

So what does that mean? :frown:
Original post by apaulo5
So what does that mean? :frown:

Last year, they used to mention the words "2 weeks" in the initial review email; however, this year they don't. Therefore, people sometimes still call it the same as before. Within 2-3 weeks after you get the 'initial review' email, you will receive another email which says something about "8 weeks" until they give a decision. That is if you meet the minimum entry requirement for your course.
Original post by Fbiemad
Last year, they used to mention the words "2 weeks" in the initial review email; however, this year they don't. Therefore, people sometimes still call it the same as before. Within 2-3 weeks after you get the 'initial review' email, you will receive another email which says something about "8 weeks" until they give a decision. That is if you meet the minimum entry requirement for your course.

Oh, ok thank you for your response!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending