The Student Room Group

What's your ideal weight?

What is your ideal weight for you? How does that compare to what a BMI ideal suggests? Do you agree with the BMI ideal?

I'm about 5"8 and my ideal weight tends to be about 9 and half stone, I fluctuate between 9 and 10 stone usually but with stress eating I'm currently about 10. I'd like to tone up a bit but I know I'm still within the ideal of BMI.I think the ideal according to BMI os higher than mine.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Something weird when I try quote you in this thread:s-smilie:

Anywho, bmi says I'm almost obese but I feel fine:dontknow:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm 177 cms and weigh 70 kilos (5'9" and about 11 stone?)

I think my ideal weight would be about 74 kilos, if that extra 4 kilos were chiefly muscle, this based on footballers my height.
I'm five four and my ideal weight is seven and a half stone. I think that's classed as slightly underweight but I eat at least 2000 calories a day. I find I lose weight really easily.
Much lower than what it is :sigh:

I used to be the most active person I knew, and I ate really well, but it never shifted :dontknow:
Need to lose about 70lbs. :frown:
Original post by Sabertooth
Need to lose about 70lbs. :frown:

I don't know how much I need to lose because I don't like to get involved with the numbers, but I know it's a lot. It's just so difficult to lose a large amount. A lot of people just don't seem to understand how difficult it can be, especially when things like health and medication play a part :frown:
Reply 7
I'm 5 foot 3 and I weigh about 9 stone 10 pounds, last time I checked and I'm anywhere from a size 10 to 14 depending on the brand. I lost nearly two stone last year due to my health and gained most of it back. Part of me is happy to be healthier again but I'm looking to get down to 8 and a half stone by July for my wedding but I doubt I will tbh. I'm motivated but not that motivated :laugh:

My partner is doing well with his weight loss though. He's lost 2 stone in around six months :yep: He's doing that for his health though, not for the wedding.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Between 75 to 80 KG which I already am.
I've put on a pound since I last commented my weight on here. :teehee:
My BMI is 23.6, and apparently the 'optimum' BMI is 22, so, I'd have to be like 55 kg, meh, too much work. :P

I'm like 159 cm, and 59 kg, for the record.
(edited 7 years ago)
6ft 3. I'm about 75kg but I'd like to be a bit heavier, maybe 82kg or so.
Reply 11
I'm 5'5.5, and I weigh 60kg, with a BMI of 21.6. I would like to lose a little more weight, but I am focusing on toning up right now. Which is working, as I actually have strength in my arms now :laugh:
Original post by Nirvana1989-1994
I've put on a pound since I last commented my weight on here. :teehee:
My BMI is 23.6, and apparently the 'optimum' BMI is 22, so, I'd have to be like 55 kg, meh, too much work. :P

I'm like 159 cm, and 59 kg, for the record.

That's some weird micromanagement you're doing there :biggrin: A pound is like half a kilo, basically nothing.
Original post by chelseadagg3r
I don't know how much I need to lose because I don't like to get involved with the numbers, but I know it's a lot. It's just so difficult to lose a large amount. A lot of people just don't seem to understand how difficult it can be, especially when things like health and medication play a part :frown:

Yeah, it can be really difficult. I actually put on 4 stone since April due to medication and a thyroid problem. I still haven't got things sorted so am still gaining despite doing a fair amount of exercise. Makes me feel so crap about myself especially when you then come online and see people assuming that you're overweight because you're lazy and can't control yourself. :sad:
Original post by cbreef
That's some weird micromanagement you're doing there :biggrin: A pound is like half a kilo, basically nothing.

I don't wanna gain anymore weight haha. :smile:
Original post by Ella-keturah
I'm five four and my ideal weight is seven and a half stone. I think that's classed as slightly underweight but I eat at least 2000 calories a day. I find I lose weight really easily.

A fast metaboliam is both a gift and a curse. You'll never get very fat though so that's good. :biggrin:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Sabertooth
Yeah, it can be really difficult. I actually put on 4 stone since April due to medication and a thyroid problem. I still haven't got things sorted so am still gaining despite doing a fair amount of exercise. Makes me feel so crap about myself especially when you then come online and see people assuming that you're overweight because you're lazy and can't control yourself. :sad:

Sorry to hear that :frown: I know what you mean. If everyone could understand it would make things a lot easier :sad:
I'm 88kg, probably should be 85kg. I'm the reason BMI isn't a full picture
I'm 5'10 or so

Original post by Ella-keturah

I'd be very surprised if you're actually eating 2000 calories consistently and being underweight at the same time tbh

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by BurstingBubbles
What is your ideal weight for you? How does that compare to what a BMI ideal suggests? Do you agree with the BMI ideal?

I'm about 5"8 and my ideal weight tends to be about 9 and half stone, I fluctuate between 9 and 10 stone usually but with stress eating I'm currently about 10. I'd like to tone up a bit but I know I'm still within the ideal of BMI.I think the ideal according to BMI os higher than mine.

Im 57 kg and 5'9. Im usually 51-52 kg but i put on weight over GCSE's and didn't lose it over summer....
Original post by Angry cucumber
I'm 88kg, probably should be 85kg. I'm the reason BMI isn't a full picture
I'm 5'10 or so

I'd be very surprised if you're actually eating 2000 calories consistently and being underweight at the same time tbh

Posted from TSR Mobile

I do. Part of ehlers danlos, which I have, is that people tend to be thin.

Quick Reply

Latest