The Student Room Group

Summer 2017 Applications

Scroll to see replies

Anyone got any take on oil & gas sector? Grateful for any insight.
Anyone have an insight into Macquarie Cash Equity & Research first round grad? Can help with other apps if needed, PM
Hey people! I've got a "quick chat" with BAML for IBD today.. any tips as to what to expect? Im assuming its slightly different to a normal phone interview due to the implied brevity ("quick chat")... i can offer help with MS, UBS, Barclays and RBC so pleeeeaaaase pm if you're feeling helpful and/or you've been rejected and wanna help a brother out :biggrin:
(edited 7 years ago)
How are Fidelity's tests? Just numericals? Thanks a lot
Anybody been rejected from MS mkts post-AC last Wednesday??
Original post by appsappsapps
Hey people! I've got a "quick chat" with BAML for IBD today.. any tips as to what to expect? Im assuming its slightly different to a normal phone interview due to the implied brevity ("quick chat")... i can offer help with MS, UBS, Barclays and RBC so pleeeeaaaase pm if you're feeling helpful and/or you've been rejected and wanna help a brother out :biggrin:

It's just CV and motivation. They just want to get to know you better. It's nothing hard. It's easier and more basic than normal telephone interviews. Literally they just ask about what you've done and what you want to do etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Commercial Paper
It's just CV and motivation. They just want to get to know you better. It's nothing hard. It's easier and more basic than normal telephone interviews. Literally they just ask about what you've done and what you want to do etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sweet, that's takes the pressure off ever so slightly lool! Cheers! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've just received an email from someone else on the same team about another BAML phone interview tomorrow. Did you have to do two as well?
Original post by appsappsapps
I've just received an email from someone else on the same team about another BAML phone interview tomorrow. Did you have to do two as well?

No, just one but if they're asking you to do two I'd take that as a good sign
Original post by gsbs2
has anyone done a Berenberg interview? thanks

Is that the quick chat with Dartmouth?!
I had it last year and It was pretty standard motivation

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jchap9776
Anybody been rejected from MS mkts post-AC last Wednesday??

Why are they so radio silence this year?
No, just one but if they're asking you to do two I'd take that as a good sign

Perhaps, but i doubt it! I think they've just split it up because of time (or because I do Engineering)... they said the first one is fit/motivation and the second is more around technicals
Original post by TheParham
Why are they so radio silence this year?

ikr, just want to be put out of misery
Guys, do you know if all the boutiques (BMO in my case) reimburse travel expenses for the assessment centre? After confirming my interest I was sent another email with all the details, but no mention of travel expenses paid. Is it impolite to ask about it?
Original post by samantham999
really odd question, did you guys put your gcse grades in your cv/application for summer analyst positions? if i don't will they find out somehow? i know a levels & degree level/subject/uni place is important but do they look into gcse's?
i'm talking specifically american banks
thanks

The background checks will ask for scanned copies of the certificates if the bank asks for the results on the application form

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jumper93
Guys, do you know if all the boutiques (BMO in my case) reimburse travel expenses for the assessment centre? After confirming my interest I was sent another email with all the details, but no mention of travel expenses paid. Is it impolite to ask about it?

No just ask, it's a legit question, you shouldn't have to pay your own money to go

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by gsbs2
has anyone done a Berenberg interview? thanks

What kind of bank is Berenberg? Haven't heard mention of them before.
Cheers
Original post by gsbs2
I don't think so, it's only 15 minutes, but everything is managed through their careers portal and not dartmouth. Thankfully.

is it for IBD? and when did you apply for it?
Original post by kimaaan
Anyone got any take on oil & gas sector? Grateful for any insight.

which bank is it for?
What kinds of technical questions does Citi ask during a telephone interview? Are they likely to ask brain teasers?

Quick Reply

Latest