The Student Room Group

GCSE mocks

So, I got English Lang, Geography and Science mock exam on same day (coming Wednesday).
That's 4 hour 30 mins doing exam.
Also for geography and science, there's a lot of content.
How am I meant to know everything?
Plus we haven't covered whole C3 and B3 half a bit, still my schools expects us to do B3, C3 and P3.
What's my school up to, and I have decided that I will write nothing on science paper and get a U, because I think it's important for me to concentrate on Eng Lang as it's necessary, and gerography will decide whether I do higher or foundation.Also for science I don't think I will be moved to foundation as I got A last year in my core and I am getting A* consistently in Homeworks and module test.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Fnt1klo
So, I got English Lang, Geography and Science mock exam on same day (coming Wednesday).
Plus we haven't covered whole C3 and B3 half a bit, still my schools expects us to do B3, C3 and P3.
What's my school up to, and I have decided that I will write nothing on science paper and get a U, because I think it's important for me to concentrate on Eng Lang as it's necessary, and gerography will decide whether I do higher or foundation.

Don't do that, you're throwing away a chance to assess your strengths and weaknesses, which will aid your revision. Regardless of your distaste towards your school, that's not really a sensible thing to do. The school may not expect exceptional performance, considering that you have not covered the whole thing, but I'd recommend putting some effort into it, even if that means cramming stuff you haven't learnt shortly before the exam as a last resort. A D would look far better than a U to a teacher. The teachers would be alerted by a U, and that may impact your predictions, which could effect your chances of getting into a sixth form. Are you on OCR? If so, C3/B3 only makes up part of the paper, to the best of my knowledge, so why throw the whole paper due to not knowing part of a unit?

Regardless of whether English/Geography is more important to you, that's no excuse to completely throw a mock.
Original post by Fnt1klo
What's my school up to, and I have decided that I will write nothing on science paper and get a U, because I think it's important for me to concentrate on Eng Lang as it's necessary, and gerography will decide whether I do higher or foundation.Also for science I don't think I will be moved to foundation as I got A last year in my core and I am getting A* consistently in Homeworks and module test.

I agree with gcx i would at least try your best in all of them doesn't matter if you fail even just try anyway
Reply 3
Original post by _gcx
Don't do that, you're throwing away a chance to assess your strengths and weaknesses, which will aid your revision. Regardless of your distaste towards your school, that's not really a sensible thing to do. The school may not expect exceptional performance, considering that you have not covered the whole thing, but I'd recommend putting some effort into it, even if that means cramming stuff you haven't learnt shortly before the exam as a last resort. A D would look far better than a U to a teacher. The teachers would be alerted by a U, and that may impact your predictions, which could effect your chances of getting into a sixth form. Are you on OCR? If so, C3/B3 only makes up part of the paper, to the best of my knowledge, so why throw the whole paper due to not knowing part of a unit?

Regardless of whether English/Geography is more important to you, that's no excuse to completely throw a mock.

Original post by samaad1
I agree with gcx i would at least try your best in all of them doesn't matter if you fail even just try anyway

Ok, Thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest