The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Official imperial college london 2017 applicants

Scroll to see replies

Anyone received offer for biochemistry/biotechnology/biological science?
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Original post by k0g
I applied for mech eng on the 15th of october, and haven't received an interview response yet. The wait is killing me! So much so, that I've created a student room account just to ask the following question haha!

Should I email/call the Imperial admissions officer to check up on the progress of my application?

Yes! It's your right, but maybe ask a more general question *hint* (it'll probably bother them, but a lot of other students on here do it) hehe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply 602
Original post by CutieTootsie
Yes! It's your right, but maybe ask a more general question *hint* (it'll probably bother them, but a lot of other students on here do it) hehe

Thank you so much! Hahaha I sent them a "general" inquiry!
Is it strange not to have heard anything yet while having applied at the end of September? (Aero)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Has anyone received a reply for Physics after interview, yet ?
Original post by QS2Nabz

It takes them at the very least 4 weeks to get back to you.
Original post by AFlyingDutchman
Is it strange not to have heard anything yet while having applied at the end of September? (Aero)

Posted from TSR Mobile

You might have been selected for the second round of interviews. Don't worry it's not about your ability, so I have been told.
Do you know roughly what percentage of those interviewed receive offers? and for materials science in particular?
Original post by k0g
Thank you so much! Hahaha I sent them a "general" inquiry!

What email did you send them? Not sure what to write
Reply 609
Original post by metrize
What email did you send them? Not sure what to write

I asked when offers are generally given to students who've applied for my course at the time I sent my application in.

The admissions officer was really sweet and basically confirmed to me what other people were saying on this thread: that there are multiple waves of interviews given, some this year and some next year.

What I inferred from her email was that if you don't get an interview offer soon this year, you will likely get one next year if at all.
Original post by Grace_Cong1998
Anyone received offer for biochemistry/biotechnology/biological science?

I'm still waiting for biochem,the wait is killing me
Original post by QS2Nabz

Nope, and my interview was about three weeks ago, but we were told that we usually have to wait about a month soo. Let us know when anyone receives an offer!
Reply 612
Original post by Meganhealy88
I'm still waiting for biochem,the wait is killing me

Me too!!
I've been invited for interview for materials science the 24th of November. I guess they liked my ps since my grades aren't so strong.
Reply 614
Scottish National 5s: AAAAAB
Scottish Highers: AAAAA
Scottish Advanced Highers (predictions): AAA (Maths, Physics, Chemistry)

I have been thinking about applying to Aeronautical Engineering at Imperial, do you think these grades are acceptable in terms of getting an interview (I'm concerned that the B will ruin my chances)?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by myca14
Scottish National 5s: AAAAAB
Scottish Highers: AAAAA
Scottish Advanced Highers (predictions): AAA (Maths, Physics, Chemistry)

I have been thinking about applying to Aeronautical Engineering at Imperial, do you think these grades are acceptable in terms of getting an interview (I'm concerned that the B will ruin my chances)?

Hey, Scottish applicant here for Aeronautical too 😃

I doubt it, they stated that they don't look at GCSE (N5 equivalent), but I'm not 100% sure.

What was the B in If I may ask?

Hey, sorry for being late to the party
GCSEs: 2A* (Chemistry, Maths) 7A (English Literature, French, History, RS, Biology, Physics, ICT) 2B (English Language, Business Studies)
AS-Level: AAAA (Maths, Bio, Physics Chemistry) Other than Maths, the rest are linear courses
A-Level (Predicted): A* A* A* A (Maths, Bio Physics, Chemistry)
Applied Course: Chemistry with a Year in Industry (Masters)
Extra Curricular Stuff:
Work Shadowing at an analytical lab at Sigma Pharmaceuticals. Part of the school's representative basketball team. Volunteered at the RSPCA and a Hospital for around 6 weeks over summer. (Extra reading doesn't count, does it?)

I have an interview on the 25th of January! Wish me luck!! :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 617
Anyone got a Computing interview invitation on the 23rd or 30th? Still hoping I get one soon.
Reply 618
Original post by onlyvips
Hey, Scottish applicant here for Aeronautical too 😃

I doubt it, they stated that they don't look at GCSE (N5 equivalent), but I'm not 100% sure.

What was the B in If I may ask?

Hi there, it was in Design & Manufacture. Not one of the subjects I continued at Higher, nor a required subject, so I hope it won't look too bad.

And thanks for the input :smile:
GCSEs: 2 A*s, 6As, 2Bs, 1C (ugh)
AS-Level: AA
A-level Predicted: A*AAB
Applied course: Computer Artificial Intelligence
Extra Curricular: Here and there C++ programming :/

Has anyone got any responses for computing from Imperial?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending