The Student Room Group

Medicine 2017 entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Nuba123
Not yet!!! But seriously all the best!!!!!

Thank you!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I got an interview at Cardiff!!! Over the moon now with 2 interviews!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by nomophobia

Posted from TSR Mobile

CONGRATULATIONS!!! :woo:

Ohhhhh, now I get it, I don't even care about football so it doesn't bother me but I do know you instantly become extremely unpopular if you even think about supporting Liverpool.

Well, yeah but I think you could totally get 4 interviews if you've applied to safe unis - I hope you do!! Haha, me too! (But Liverpool would be the absolute dream)
Aww thanks!! I hope so too! And same for you, you've defo worked really hard for this.

Hmm, I'll probably find it incredibly boring then, with books, after a couple of pages I'm out :lol:
That's awesome!! It's pretty good that you've already had the practice and haha, if we only we could have unlimited free courses. I'm assuming you're not going on a paid course?

:biggrin:
Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh yeah, football completely goes over my head. I do, however understand the offside rule now!

Thank you! I'm sure Liverpool will want you, also!
We all have :yep: But I like think some of us have worked harder than others (AKA us :colondollar:)

Ooh, really? I love to read! That said, I don't much...
I think my head of sixth form is planning more, which is good, but she's a bit hopeless so you never know :lol:
No paid courses for me! :u: What about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

YASSS:u:
Original post by seenkoreanb4?
Hey!!
I interview from Hull York!
Yay

Currently waiting for;
Kings
Bristol
St.george

Well done! When did you send our UCAS and when is your interview if thy don't mind me asking?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by skittles17
Well done! When did you send your UCAS and when is your interview if thy don't mind me asking?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile
I handed in my ucas on 13th of Oct, I think.... maybe 12th
My interview was on Jan 6th but I changed to Dec 7th (the day after my birthday!) due to internal mock exam in school.
I hope I get interviews from Kings and Bristol :tongue:

Original post by skittles17
Well done! When did you send our UCAS and when is your interview if thy don't mind me asking?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Gogregg
I think it's because of the football teams, it's a bit silly in my opinion, but oh well (woo, Manchester)

Well, I think they're as safe as you could get for medicine, so there's still that risk. I would be so happy at any of my choices, though, so as long as I get one offer, I'm fine!
I'm sure you'll get more interviews, though! You're totally worth it! :yep:

It was interesting, I think it could be a bit confusing at times, but it's only cheap, so I think it's worth getting, if only for an interesting read!
That's so good! :redface: My school brought some Doctors and other healthcare professionals in for an MMI practice, which was good, although I could definitely do with another one! :colondollar:
Basically the same as you, really.

Good luck to you too! :biggrin:

Thank you so much! :dancing:
I'm glad I've helped! Honestly, this forum did so much to help me, it's just the least I could do! :yep:
Thank you, I'm sure you'll be getting loads of interviews soon :biggrin:

It should definitely be by the end of this week :u:
But yeah, Wednesday is manageable. If it is Wednesday, and I get invited to interview, I would be so happy, though. I'm going to see my favourite band live that night, also, so it would be epic! :lol:

Yes, I did! :woo:
Thanks!

Oh stop it, you're embarrassing me :blush:

Obvs Manchester is better. By at least 3 miles. At least!

Thank you so much!
Hope med school is going well for you currently, also! :biggrin:

They haven't released it yet and will only do so at the end of the cycle, sorry :frown:

Yeah I imagine around then.

Manchester is one of my favourite cities in the world!!!

Home to old trafford and it's such a dynamic city and it has motorways. As a car and football crazy fanatic, that is like my dream driving to Manchester on the M6!!!!!!!!!! :smile:
Original post by Isha.jpg
Guys i have like C's and Few D's in my gcse's and i want to study medicine n be surgeon so i was wondering if i do really good in As a level exams for all subjects and have higher than average score in ukcat and bmat is there still I chance for me to go to the top uni like Oxford and Cambridge...

Posted from TSR Mobile

With C/D at GCSE you won't get into any UK Medical School, almost all require Maths/English/Sciences at grade B or above.

EDIT: I mean for standard undergraduate entry, i don't know if GEM has the same requirements.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Isha.jpg
Guys i have like C's and Few D's in my gcse's and i want to study medicine n be surgeon so i was wondering if i do really good in As a level exams for all subjects and have higher than average score in ukcat and bmat is there still I chance for me to go to the top uni like Oxford and Cambridge...

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm not even gonna lie cuz it's going to be very difficult as most uni's want at least a b in maths and eng language and oxford def wants a certain number of a*s as do some other uni's and a levels isn't going to be easy so don't underestimate it. I'd say to aim for foundation medicine which is just an extra year but it's mainly for ppl who have studied the wrong subjects (in which case you'd probs be asked to still get AAA) or have mitigating circumstances like living in a poor area or having low family income etc. (Do some research on these uni's). There's also the option to go through graduate entry but it is known for being more expensive as well as more competitive.

So basically it's not going to be easy but i wish u gd luck :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am SO SO SO SO happy for you!

You really do deserve them both!

(also not at all biased because it is my med school... :h: )
Original post by Gogregg
CONGRATULATIONS!!! :woo:

Oh yeah, football completely goes over my head. I do, however understand the offside rule now!

Thank you! I'm sure Liverpool will want you, also!
We all have :yep: But I like think some of us have worked harder than others (AKA us :colondollar:)

Ooh, really? I love to read! That said, I don't much...
I think my head of sixth form is planning more, which is good, but she's a bit hopeless so you never know :lol:
No paid courses for me! :u: What about you?

THANKS!!!

Haha, that's great to hear! I don't even know what an offside rule is lol.

We'll have to wait and see! (Literally, their first interview dates aren't until end of January)

AND we've used our common sense and applied to safe unis. I met a girl the same age as me while volunteering and she got a UKCAT score of 1700 and applied to Newcastle and Manchester! :eek: like I'm not judging or anything but when I asked her if she met the cutoff score she was like "no, but I thought I might as well apply there" and she applied to 2 BMAT unis so she hasn't got anywhere that's safe.

I used to love reading when I was younger l used to read like 11 books in a week haha. Now I can't finish a book, unless it REALLY grabs my attention. But yeah same, I don't read much anymore.
Haha! Is your school subsidising the cost then or are they getting it for free? And me neither! I've already spent so much money on UKCAT, BMAT and UCAS as well as other resources I don't see much point in throwing more money away.

Original post by Nuba123
YASSS:u:

Jazakallah!!! I've heard that none of the Scottish unis have even started giving out interviews, is that correct?

Posted from TSR Mobile
THANKS!!!

We'll have to wait and see! (Literally, their first interview dates aren't until end of January)

AND we've used our common sense and applied to safe unis. I met a girl the same age as me while volunteering and she got a UKCAT score of 1700 and applied to Newcastle and Manchester! :eek: like I'm not judging or anything but when I asked her if she met the cutoff score she was like "no, but I thought I might as well apply there" and she applied to 2 BMAT unis so she hasn't got anywhere that's safe.

I used to love reading when I was younger l used to read like 11 books in a week haha. Now I can't finish a book, unless it REALLY grabs my attention. But yeah same, I don't read much anymore.
Haha! Is your school subsidising the cost then or are they getting it for free? And me neither! I've already spent so much money on UKCAT, BMAT and UCAS as well as other resources I don't see much point in throwing more money away.

Jazakallah!!! I've heard that none of the Scottish unis have even started giving out interviews, is that correct?

Posted from TSR Mobile

No... there's an Aberdeen thread and there were some interviews staff given out yesterday
YES, Aberdeen have started handing them out. :h:
THANKS!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Nuba123
YES, Aberdeen have started handing them out. :h:

Woo! Hopefully you'll get am email any day now!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Woo! Hopefully you'll get am email any day now!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you, I really hope so. :K:

Dam 2/4 interviews, pretty sure your other 2 unis will be emailing you very soon!!!!:u:
Original post by Nuba123
Thank you, I really hope so. :K:

Dam 2/4 interviews, pretty sure your other 2 unis will be emailing you very soon!!!!:u:

Oooh, I wish! Cardiff and Leicester were my 2 safe unis - Lancaster uses the BMAT so they can't even do anything until end of November and Liverpool is personal statement heavy so both are risky :redface: but I'm happy with 2 interviews :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
That is excellent!!!! You are going to slay it looooooool, I'm hoping for atleast 1 interview Inshallah, if you don't mind me asking, what did you get in the UKCAT? x:h:
Oooh, I wish! Cardiff and Leicester were my 2 safe unis - Lancaster uses the BMAT so they can't even do anything until end of November and Liverpool is personal statement heavy so both are risky :redface: but I'm happy with 2 interviews :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Nuba123
That is excellent!!!! You are going to slay it looooooool, I'm hoping for atleast 1 interview Inshallah, if you don't mind me asking, what did you get in the UKCAT? x:h:

Loool, we'll wait and see! Inshallah yiu will and hopefully you'll get one at your first choice uni too. I got 2000 (667 average) so I didn't apply to Glasgow or Barts even though I loved them both. Wbu?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ray_029
I'm not even gonna lie cuz it's going to be very difficult as most uni's want at least a b in maths and eng language and oxford def wants a certain number of a*s as do some other uni's and a levels isn't going to be easy so don't underestimate it. I'd say to aim for foundation medicine which is just an extra year but it's mainly for ppl who have studied the wrong subjects (in which case you'd probs be asked to still get AAA) or have mitigating circumstances like living in a poor area or having low family income etc. (Do some research on these uni's). There's also the option to go through graduate entry but it is known for being more expensive as well as more competitive.

So basically it's not going to be easy but i wish u gd luck :smile:

With C and D in GCSEs you won't have a chance even at graduate entry ,my son has few A* and As and rest all Bs ,At AS he got all As and A levels all A* he is struggling to get in just hoping this year he has applied to Exeter Leicester,Liverpool and foundation Southampton.May be you may qualify for foundation medicine at some medical schools but you need to satisfy requirements.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending