The Student Room Group

Boyfriend won't talk to me about abortion anymore

I found out I was pregnant a coupe days ago, he was supportive from the get go, said he would support whatever decision I made. I got pregnant only two months in the relationship!!! That's why I'm not keeping it- we have not been together long and all.

I told him in the future we could have one but it was too soon now that's when he actually came out and said "why not just have one now, I want one soon I don't want to be an old dad" he said that he would stop going out and save every penny he earns that he would do anything to support his family.

I didn't change my mind. But ever since he hasn't been as supportive, hasn't been asking how I feel I brought up that I was calling to make the appointment today and he had nothing to say?

What do you think is going on???
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
I found out I was pregnant a coupe days ago, he was supportive from the get go, said he would support whatever decision I made. I got pregnant only two months in the relationship!!! That's why I'm not keeping it- we have not been together long and all.

I told him in the future we could have one but it was too soon now that's when he actually came out and said "why not just have one now, I want one soon I don't want to be an old dad" he said that he would stop going out and save every penny he earns that he would do anything to support his family.

I didn't change my mind. But ever since he hasn't been as supportive, hasn't been asking how I feel I brought up that I was calling to make the appointment today and he had nothing to say?

how old are you???
i would agree with you, you have only been with him two months. that is not a lot to have a child with him aswell. you can't be sure what happens in a could of months or years time. YOU'RE going to suffer more than him as you have to bear the pain for another 7 months. you should do wahatever you feel like. if you want the baby then it is your decision but you have to bare in mind that things between you two may not turn the way you expect it to be. also the fact that " he hasn't been as supportive" shows that he can be like this if you have the baby.:smile:

I dunno.

But, it's your call.
Reply 3
Hes accepted your decision but youve got to accept that its hard for him too and he is likely to need some support as well as you
Why the **** are you letting an innocent baby suffer for your mistakes. It doesn’t deserve to die because you were irresponsible
There's a lot of time in the future to have a child when you're sure that you want one. If that's not the case right now, treat this like any other 20+ year commitment he could ask you to make in the space of a few days, and make the sensible decision.
Reply 6
Why the **** are you letting an innocent baby suffer for your mistakes. It doesn’t deserve to die because you were irresponsible

How exactly is the non-existent baby suffering, do tell.
Reply 7
We don't talk anymore
We don't talk anymore
We don't talk anynore

Like we used to do...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Make the decision that is best for you.

Talk to your GP, trusted friend or family members, or perhaps try a drop-in counseling service (the waitlists for actual appointments could be too late). Your boyfriend is going to need some support as well, yes, but I would personally try and talk to him about the options and what you want and then discuss what he wants. If he refuses to see it any other way and basically tries to guilt you into having a baby, then I don't think he's mature enough for the decision or for you. Getting pregnant is a big deal for you and your partner, and you're both going to have emotions running high. Give him the chance to talk about how he feels and get it all out in the open, then do the same. If you're going to make a relationship (or indeed parenthood) work then you need to be able to be somewhat diplomatic with big life-changing decisions.
Original post by Trevish
We don't talk anymore
We don't talk anymore
We don't talk anynore

Like we used to do...

Posted from TSR Mobile

We dont love anymore
What was all of that for ?

😂😂😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Segued
Hes accepted your decision but youve got to accept that its hard for him too and he is likely to need some support as well as you

How do you know it's hard for him too??

He's sulking because he isnt getting his own way.

Imo do whats best and the life you want. Only 2 months in.
You have no idea whether you will last, but a baby is for life.

Be sure to get some counseling as well to be sure its the right decision for you.

He might come round, but it might be signs that your relatively new relationship wont be strong enough to survive. If he wants to talk, then talk (he has a right to be listened to), but its your body imo and I doubt he has thought of the long term implications.
Reply 12

Obviously it's your decision in the end, no one should judge you for it, but what do you mean by 'what's going on'? - it's obvious isn't it? He wanted the freaking baby. He's disappointed that you're getting it aborted.
Of course, it is a bit strange considering you've only been together for a few months but who knows, maybe he's just sensitive and emotional like that.
It's your choice.

You're everything wrong with society.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh, we don't talk anymore, like we used to do...

I just heard you found the one, you've been looking

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 16
How do you know it's hard for him too??

How do you know it isnt hard for him too?

At the end kf the day its his kid as well. Whilst yes its the mothers choice, its going to impact the dad.

:facepalm:

A two week year old baby aka a small ball of cells does not suffer.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending