The Student Room Group

Are short guy's unattractive?

Some girls say that they prefer taller men, but to what extent? I'm 5"6, is this a respectable height for a guy or is this too short. And what can somebody do to become taller (apart from drinking milk). Any advice is appreciated.

Scroll to see replies

I'm around 5'6 too, about 166cm, and yes, it is unattractive
all you can do is work out and get bigger in that other sense - girls like muscles as well as height
also, having a nice face help out a lot, along with having good taste, being funny, being confident etc
don't focus too much on height though - it's not the be all end all - so long as you're at least her height you won't have to worry that much

apart from drinking milk

:lol: I don't think that's going to work.
I drink 2 pints of whole milk a day at the very least in my protein shakes and believe me I haven't grown a nanometre.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 2
I'm 5'3 and I'm pretty much screwed.
From my experience at university, the taller, muscular guys tend to slay the most.
Generally speaking yes it is. But if you find someone who is say 5ft....
Original post by Ibbyyyyy
Some girls say that they prefer taller men, but to what extent? I'm 5"6, is this a respectable height for a guy or is this too short. And what can somebody do to become taller (apart from drinking milk). Any advice is appreciated.

lol it depends on what you consider short. I'm 5.'4 and I would want someone taller than me
Original post by hezzlington
From my experience at university, the taller, muscular guys tend to slay the most.

Slay...
Original post by Reality Check
Slay...

Yes. Slay. Get girls. Whatever you want to call it.
Yes. Slay. Get girls. Whatever you want to call it.

Oh right - I thought you slayed a dragon.

Yes, I agree with you.

Too short? Well, there's not much you can do about it, so I don't think it helps to look at things this way.
Original post by UWS
I'm 5'3 and I'm pretty much screwed.

unless you get hench af, my guy
and on smaller guys like us, muscles come in quicker and bigger, seeing as our arms are shorter
Reply 11
Original post by sleepysnooze
unless you get hench af, my guy
and on smaller guys like us, muscles come in quicker and bigger, seeing as our arms are shorter

I have a bit of muscle, not gonna lie. Not "hench" as such but I'm neither a skinny nor fat :dontknow: Maybe I have a slim chance
I'm 5'7-5'8'' and while I haven't consciously felt the hate, it sort of makes sense that being short is not attractive. Tough but nothing to do.

You're only an inch shorter than I am but if you find a shorter girl I'm sure she wouldn't mind too much about your height
The effects of height itself are overrated, but if you let the insecurity get to you, then it becomes a problem.

number 1 reason why I am looking forward to university (jk) lol but no seriously they do
Original post by TastelessGum
I'm 5'7-5'8'' and while I haven't consciously felt the hate, it sort of makes sense that being short is not attractive. Tough but nothing to do.

totally agree
Original post by UWS
I have a bit of muscle, not gonna lie. Not "hench" as such but I'm neither a skinny nor fat :dontknow: Maybe I have a slim chance

yeah do it - it's not terribly hard, it just takes a lot of time, and you get an excuse to eat loaaaads :biggrin: mmm
you'll also be adding years of life expectacy to your life - being healthy has other benefits as well
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by hodobikar
totally agree

'Bout what?
You could have one of those height extension surgeries. Where they make you taller by putting metal rods in your bones in your legs. It costs £35,000 though.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending