The Student Room Group

What do you think of people getting lip injections?

Scroll to see replies

My mum is going through a phrase of wanting this done. I keep managing to talk her out of it but I'm worried she's going to get it done before my wedding and it'll muck up and she'll be stuck with a trout pout :eek:

Maybe this is her midlife crisis :teehee:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Spock's Socks
My mum is going through a phrase of wanting this done. I keep managing to talk her out of it but I'm worried she's going to get it done before my wedding and it'll muck up and she'll be stuck with a trout pout :eek:

Posted from TSR Mobile

It lasts for a few months I think
Original post by saraxh
It lasts for a few months I think

btw when you say more people are getting it....who?
I think it rarely looks good tbh. If it makes them feel confident then good for them but I don't personally see the appeal. Natural lips always look better imo.
Original post by hezzlington
btw when you say more people are getting it....who?

Youtubers and people on instagram. More younger people are getting it too.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRe-Adj09IE
I hate it think it looks awful, your natural features suit you the most so most of the time surgery/botox look awful in my opinion!

But if it makes you happy sod everyone elses opinion haha
Original post by saraxh
Youtubers and people on instagram. More younger people are getting it too.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRe-Adj09IE

i don't follow strangers on instagram, and especially don't follow 'youtubers' or 'vloggers' so i'm unaware of this epidemic.
i don't follow strangers on instagram, and especially don't follow 'youtubers' or 'vloggers' so i'm unaware of this epidemic.

Ngl Some of the people I've seen look really good with lip injections.
Original post by saraxh
Ngl Some of the people I've seen look really good with lip injections.

i think the only alterations i'd consider is something like a nose job. That can drastically make a difference. Things like lips, butt/thigh injections or botox in general; absolutely not.
Original post by VikkiHanley
I hate it think it looks awful, your natural features suit you the most so most of the time surgery/botox look awful in my opinion!

But if it makes you happy sod everyone elses opinion haha

The whole 'do whatever makes you happy' rhetoric is common. I'd want to strongly re-evaluate my life if having bigger lips made me feel better about myself.
The whole 'do whatever makes you happy' rhetoric is common. I'd want to strongly re-evaluate my life if having bigger lips made me feel better about myself.

Thats your opinion on it though, some people get an education to feel better about themselves- some people get new lips. Either doesnt affect my life so let them be happy doing what they like! Haha
Thats your opinion on it though, some people get an education to feel better about themselves- some people get new lips. Either doesnt affect my life so let them be happy doing what they like! Haha

I think people get an education to better themselves, not feel better about themselves. Comparing getting an education to lip fillers though?
Original post by saraxh
I'm curious. More people are getting it from what I can see.

I'm lucky I don't need lip injections; I have pretty plump lips!:smile:
I think people get an education to better themselves, not feel better about themselves. Comparing getting an education to lip fillers though?

People do all sorts for all different reasons. I didnt compare lip injections to an education, theyre just things people do that neither have an adverse affect on my life so I equally couldnt careless about someone else doing. Maybe someone getting lip injections thinks theyre bettering themselves physically.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Spock's Socks

Posted from TSR Mobile

Father Ted fan I guess from your profile picture?:tongue:
Ugly as hell, good indicator of if someone is a s**g not sure if I can say that word on here if so msg me or edit it out for me mods
People do all sorts for all different reasons. I didnt compare lip injections to an education, theyre just things people do that neither have an adverse affect on my life so I equally couldnt careless about someone else doing. Maybe someone getting lip injections thinks theyre bettering themselves physically.

Well yeah okay what other people do doesn't adversely affect your life, sure, but that defeats the purpose of discussion.
I've always wanted lip reductions and now huge lips are a thing and I don't get it.
And now everyone asks if I've got fillers but nah they're real :colonhash:
(edited 7 years ago)
Well yeah okay what other people do doesn't adversely affect your life, sure, but that defeats the purpose of discussion.

I gave my opinion on it but also don't want my opinion to make someone feel bad about themselves if they do have them or if someone wants to get them remind them its their choice at the end of the day regardless of my opinion
I gave my opinion on it but also don't want my opinion to make someone feel bad about themselves if they do have them or if someone wants to get them remind them its their choice at the end of the day regardless of my opinion

That's fair enough :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending