The Student Room Group

Medical interviews 2017 entry

Has anyone recieved an interview for any medical university yet for 2017 entry? Post when you get one! Good luck! :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Birmingham on 28th November.
Sheffield 30th January
Cambridge 9th December
(edited 7 years ago)
Bristol January 25th
Hopefully Plymouth soon!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply 3
St Andrews on the 1st of December.

Good luck to everyone!
Bristol on 24th November :smile:
Hello,
I've been offered an interview at Cardiff (omggg!!! ), and I was wondering if you have any top tips for the Cardiff interview, and are there any books/courses that you would recommend?
Thank you!
Original post by Gwenog_quidditch
Hello,
I've been offered an interview at Cardiff (omggg!!! ), and I was wondering if you have any top tips for the Cardiff interview, and are there any books/courses that you would recommend?
Thank you!

I have an interview at Cardiff as well as Bristol now - booked Cardiff for 9th December !
Original post by Gwenog_quidditch
Hello,
Thank you!

Original post by megjane1510
I have an interview at Cardiff as well as Bristol now - booked Cardiff for 9th December !

Seriously well done guys!!!
Are you guys graduates/done the GAMSAT??
Thank you ! I am in year 13 and did UKCAT but did absolutely awful but thankfully the university's I like don't put much emphasis on the score from that x
I've got one for Sheffield:biggrin:
Have any graduate medicine applicants heard back from Cambridge?
Original post by izzypetrie
Seriously well done guys!!!
Are you guys graduates/done the GAMSAT??

I'm an undergrad sorry!
Newcastle
Sheffield on 30th November :biggrin:
Original post by catface34
Have any graduate medicine applicants heard back from Cambridge?

u won't do until they receive BMAT
Original post by Banterny
u won't do until they receive BMAT

That's only for the A100 course; graduate entry doesn't need the BMAT
Original post by catface34
That's only for the A100 course; graduate entry doesn't need the BMAT

sorry didnt see graduate
Original post by Banterny
sorry didnt see graduate

No worries :smile:
Reply 18
Original post by megjane1510
Bristol on 24th November :smile:

Same here! :smile:
Hey, first year medic here It's still early days with interview prep, but some of you could get an interview in December!! (I got my first interview in November - was not expecting it at all!!) I started off with making sure I was up to date with current affairs (BBC app on the way back from college is fab) and preparing using online resources and interview books like ISC. I also went on some courses because I felt like I needed more practice especially with MMI stations which can be hard to prepare for. Practice practice practice! But don't worry about it too much - staying calm is key :smile: If you're considering going to a course I'd deffo consider how much feedback they would give on the day - some are soo expensive like 150 min for a group size of 30 and no actual feedback! Also don't feel that the more expensive a course is the better it would be - I went to a few last year because I felt so unprepared and honestly only like one of them (MedICU) genuinely helped (1:1 mock interview + MMI practice + v small group) and it was the cheapest, I think it's about 89 now for the full day. Last year the tutors (students) stayed behind at the end to answer more questions as well which didn't really happen with the other courses :frown: so honestly if you are considering a course and want extra practice, go for it! you will get your money's worth. Look up their fb page they have some great reviews!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending