The Student Room Group

ELQ

How does student finance determine that an overseas qualification is ELQ. how do they determine compatibility or does it assume that all overseas qualifications are ELQ and have a blanket denial of funding
Most overseas qualifications are easily comparable to British ones, especially European ones. But without knowing exactly what qualification you have and what you qualification you want to do in the UK, I can't be more specific.
Reply 2
i do agree that they can be comparable but there has to be a process or guidelines. my qualification is from a technical college in kenya called utalii college certificate in catering. i enrolled for a catering degree in the UK the university in their wisdom said the qualification was at level 3 so gave me no credits so i started from level 4 foundation course now after two years SFE have said the pevious qualification was an ELQ and cannot fund ny top up degree. They then tell me to to get a comparison from naric after which they will reconsider so how did they come up with the dicision in the first place. yhat is what i dont understand. if they had not contacted NARIC then what informed their decision
Original post by papa36
i do agree that they can be comparable but there has to be a process or guidelines. my qualification is from a technical college in kenya called utalii college certificate in catering. i enrolled for a catering degree in the UK the university in their wisdom said the qualification was at level 3 so gave me no credits so i started from level 4 foundation course now after two years SFE have said the pevious qualification was an ELQ and cannot fund ny top up degree. They then tell me to to get a comparison from naric after which they will reconsider so how did they come up with the dicision in the first place. yhat is what i dont understand. if they had not contacted NARIC then what informed their decision

As I understand it, it is the university that initially decides if any of your qualifications are ELQ - but there is no big list of global qualifications around the world. Submit your course for evaluation by NARIC and hope for the best.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending