The Student Room Group

What do you think of people getting lip injections?

Scroll to see replies

Stupid.

And, I marvel at how it's looked at as the new 'cool' thing to do, if it's on white women, that is. Black women have been made fun of, for years for having larger lips. :colonhash:
Original post by Nirvana1989-1994
Stupid.

And, I marvel at how it's looked at as the new 'cool' thing to do, if it's on white women, that is. Black women have been made fun of, for years for having larger lips. :colonhash:

Similar sentiment towards having a big booty and black women.

Naturally large lips don't really look like 'kylie jenner' lips or whatever you wanna call them.
Original post by hezzlington
Similar sentiment towards having a big booty and black women.

Naturally large lips don't really look like 'kylie jenner' lips or whatever you wanna call them.

True. :smile:
Original post by saraxh
I'm curious. More people are getting it from what I can see.

Never known of lip injections. My dentist injects into the gum.
Original post by PrinceHarrys

(mods, hes wearing a thong :tongue:)

That ass :perv: :coma:
I've had my lips done; there is a part of me that regrets doing this and certainly not something I would encourage my own kids to do :s-smilie:. I won't judge anyone negatively for getting cosmetic work done...of course if the work looks bad/ unnatural then I might laugh or pity them! As long as there is no physical or psychological harm being done, then a person should be free to alter their body as they see fit.

It's becoming increasingly normal to get a body part enhanced. In South Korea, a common graduation present from parents is double-eyelid surgery. Many people who get cosmetic work done will claim that they are doing it solely for themselves. I doubt this is the case. Take away the crushing social pressure and constant messages from the beauty industry to look a certain way, and very few would put themselves through physical and financial pain for bigger lips or bigger breasts.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by saraxh
Most people want the "Kylie Jenner look"

Sorry who is Kylie Jenner?? I doubt having their lips done will make them look like Kylie Jenner look at that guy who spent thousands to look like David Beckham and he just ruined his face instead he looks like Jake off the tweenies.
I still think people are incredibly insecure if they feel the need to change their looks.
Original post by Spock's Socks
My mum is going through a phrase of wanting this done. I keep managing to talk her out of it but I'm worried she's going to get it done before my wedding and it'll muck up and she'll be stuck with a trout pout :eek:

Maybe this is her midlife crisis :teehee:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lips fillers last 6-12 months (if you use HA fillers). And can be reversed with hyalase.
Original post by Precious Illusions
I think it rarely looks good tbh. If it makes them feel confident then good for them but I don't personally see the appeal. Natural lips always look better imo.

Original post by VikkiHanley
I hate it think it looks awful, your natural features suit you the most so most of the time surgery/botox look awful in my opinion!

But if it makes you happy sod everyone elses opinion haha

If done by a good doctor, then lips fillers can look really good and undetectable. If one goes to a shady practitioner (which unfortunately many girls do) then yes, they will end up with dreadful fish lips. A few images below to show what is meant by good filler.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by habeas.corpus
If done by a good doctor, then lips fillers can look really good and undetectable. If one goes to a shady practitoner (which unfortunately many girls do) then yes, they will end up with dreadful fish lips. A few images below to show what is meant by good filler.

Yeah those look good, they're quite natural looking. Sadly the trend seems to be the awful fish lips you mentioned. Not a fan of them at all.
Fuller lips makes you look more youthful hence why many older women would get them. Now its a trend to have bigger lips within younger population due to celebrities.

I feel you can make any lip size look seductive and people need to understand that not everyone can pull of thicker lips (blessed are they who can).

Embrace your lips, people.
Original post by saraxh
Most people want the "Kylie Jenner look"

No one above the age of 18 and with reasonable intelligence would want the Kylie Jenner look.
I don't have a problem with anyone getting cosmetic surgery, but I'm still yet to see lips with lip injections look good. They seem to look okay after one treatment, but then I've seen a lot of people miss how big their lips were immediately after the first treatment and go for more, then they can look kinda lumpy and uneven when more is injected into the lips :K:. I've also seen people lose all definition between their lips and their face in terms of shape and colour because, I can only assume, too much was injected in?

Don't really care if it's an injection which is non permanent, though. At least if it goes wrong it'll go away eventually :smile:
Original post by StrawbAri
I've always wanted lip reductions and now huge lips are a thing and I don't get it.
And now everyone asks if I've got fillers but nah they're real :colonhash:

Why does everyone say huge lips are a recent thing? Do people forget that huge lips have always been idolised?

Better than KJ and natural :wink:

Also, the reason why Kylie looks better with those ridiculous lips of hers is because she has a massive, masculine jaw, so needs to fill that huge space with something. If she had a more delicate, feminine face her lips would have been perfectly fine, they were just completely disproportionate.

It reminds me of France's Bean Cobain, who had her lips done years ago. She has a similar face to Kylie, huge square jaw. Her lips would have been perfectly fine on another woman with a softer face.

By the way I completely oppose lip injections. But I think it's a bit ignorant to make out lip injections and big lips are a recent trend :wink:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by PrinceHarrys

(mods, hes wearing a thong :tongue:)

@Nirvana1989-1994 :toofunny:
is this elliot

because you like it so much
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Twinpeaks
Why does everyone say huge lips are a thing? Do people forget that huge lips have always been idolised?

Agree- full lips have always been considered attractive (given that the rest of the facial features are attractive ofc and in harmony). Big lips were idolised way before Jenner; she only popularised and normalised lip fillers among the very young.
Losers, and followers get lip injections.
Reply 58
Don't give a crap if someone gets any sort of cosmetic surgery as long as you have the money for it. I don't see anything wrong if someone wants to change a certain feature. People pay hundreds if not thousands of pounds for branded items or clothing, only to impress their peers or to feel good about themselves. So I see cosmetic surgery in the same way, do it if it makes you happy ofcourse provided its not for others.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Nirvana1989-1994
Stupid.

you betta tell em, hunni

Quick Reply

Latest