The Student Room Group

biomedical science

if you study biomedical science would this lead to you applying the job in the future? is it impossible to find a job as a career wise?
Reply 1
Original post by rayyasmin
if you study biomedical science would this lead to you applying the job in the future? is it impossible to find a job as a career wise?

https://www.prospects.ac.uk/careers-advice/what-can-i-do-with-my-degree/biomedical-sciences
Reply 2

i hve seen that but my teacher said that it is impossible to find a job :frown:
Reply 3
i hve seen that but my teacher said that it is impossible to find a job :frown:

Lol, well your teacher clearly knows nothing about the biomedical science industry if they're just a teacher
Reply 4

Biomedical scientists do have a lot of choice in jobs however being a biomedical scientist is fairly competitive, yet so is every field.

I know people who have gone on into finance/accounting/teaching/biomedical engineering/haematology/genetics etc, the list continues.

No job field is non competitive so if you enjoy biomedical science, stick with it.
Reply 5
There's loads of careers in and out of science! I'm looking at Haematology (or possibly immunology) once I've done my degree
Reply 6
Original post by AshEntropy
Lol, well your teacher clearly knows nothing about the biomedical science industry if they're just a teacher

lol ikr, i got really fustrated when he said that, i thought my dream was going to end
Reply 7
Original post by Cobalt_
Biomedical scientists do have a lot of choice in jobs however being a biomedical scientist is fairly competitive, yet so is every field.

I know people who have gone on into finance/accounting/teaching/biomedical engineering/haematology/genetics etc, the list continues.

No job field is non competitive so if you enjoy biomedical science, stick with it.

really? i was thinking about haemotolgy too! but thanks for the support :smile: now i would stick to that but is radiology worth doing it
Reply 8
Original post by AfcFob
There's loads of careers in and out of science! I'm looking at Haematology (or possibly immunology) once I've done my degree

i hope you achieve your ambitiouse because i was thinking of doing it too :smile:
Work in the NHS in Clinical Laboratory Support (Haematology, biochemistry immunology and transfusion sciences) is vast. They take on a lot of Band 5's as a group. You require HCPC registration though which isn't provided in a standard biomedical science course. HCPC is required to even refer to yourself as a biomedical scientist.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending