The Student Room Group

The Current Year 13 Thread 2016-2017

Scroll to see replies

I have a meeting with my referee on Monday as so long as he approves my personal statement, I can pay and send on Monday afternoon and start the waiting process.

This is as happy as I'll be with my personal statement, I think, but I want it out of the way on Monday so I stop stressing out about it. I'm not holding out much hope that this draft will be approved, but I just really want it to be so I can relax about UCAS.
Is anyone here debating on what to do between a science degree and a humanities degree or is it just me? 😅
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Firenze26
Is anyone here debating on what to do between a science degree and a humanities degree or is it just me? 😅

They are two worlds apart :tongue:

What degree would you be interested in, if it were to be science you wanted to pursue?

I have a friend who applied to a liberal arts and science course? Along with a couple of Chemistry courses and some Chemistry with Philosophy courses?
Original post by James A
They are two worlds apart :tongue:

What degree would you be interested in, if it were to be science you wanted to pursue?

I know 😂, it's crazy tbh.

If it was Science I would probably do Chemistry

P.S.

Sorry for the horrible grammar. :frown:
Original post by Gogregg
I have a friend who applied to a liberal arts and science course? Along with a couple of Chemistry courses and some Chemistry with Philosophy courses?

Really? With Philosophy? What uni is that? Do you know if they also have the opportunity to do History?

P.S.

Really? With Philosophy? What uni is that? Do you know if they also have the opportunity to do History?

P.S.

The Liberal Arts and Sciences is at Birmingham.
I'm pretty certain that he's applied to do Chemistry with Philosophy, but I may be wrong...
My UCAS application is now in the hands of my school!

I now just need my reference attached (one problem: my drama reference isn't attached atm) and then I can start getting my responses from unis!!
Interview at Manchester tomorrow! I feel like the excitement of going to Manchester and to the German markets (again) has finally worn off. I'm just stressing about the interview and the 1000 typos in my personal statement I never noticed.
:bawling:

Praying for a miracle right now.
Original post by Gogregg
The Liberal Arts and Sciences is at Birmingham.
I'm pretty certain that he's applied to do Chemistry with Philosophy, but I may be wrong...

Birmingham? ... If only it was in London... 😣

Thanks though 🙂
Original post by SampleX
Interview at Manchester tomorrow! I feel like the excitement of going to Manchester and to the German markets (again) has finally worn off. I'm just stressing about the interview and the 1000 typos in my personal statement I never noticed.
:bawling:

Praying for a miracle right now.

Good luck! I'm sure you'll be awesome! I'm sure that your miracle will come but good luck anyway and reward yourself for getting through it after if you want to! That sometimes helps me in stressful situations.
I know 😂, it's crazy tbh.

If it was Science I would probably do Chemistry

P.S.

No problem :smile:

The good thing about a chemistry degree is that it is very broad, so you get exposed to various topics in first and second year I believe, then you have alot of flexibility in choosing your modules. So you are very likely to find an area of interest in chemistry
Birmingham? ... If only it was in London... 😣

Thanks though 🙂

UCL have an arts and science course and king's have some sort of liberal arts course.
Original post by eruditeprincess
Good luck! I'm sure you'll be awesome! I'm sure that your miracle will come but good luck anyway and reward yourself for getting through it after if you want to! That sometimes helps me in stressful situations.

Thanks, my friend and I are going to the German markets after for some overpriced fudge 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 714
When you get a 1kg jar of Nutella for your birthday :smile: :smile: :smile:
Original post by jamestg

I'm jealous!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jamestg

Jealous!
Happy birthday, though! :h:
OH MY GOD GUYS I GOT AN OFFER FROM DERBY!!! Only thing is it hasn't showed up in track, yet the uni themselves emailed me?!!!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by thevamps99xo
OH MY GOD GUYS I GOT AN OFFER FROM DERBY!!! Only thing is it hasn't showed up in track, yet the uni themselves emailed me?!!!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Great:h: it takes a few hours to update i think!:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lychee627
Great:h: it takes a few hours to update i think!:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's okay, i don't really mind!! Just buzzing :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest