The Student Room Group

Korean Dramas

Has anyone recently watched a Korean drama and name a few of your favorites. My favorite is Pinocchio and I'm starting to love she was pretty even though the main female lead is a little over the top.
What's the most annoying thing about some Korean dramas? :biggrin:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Vickkyexcel
Has anyone recently watched a Korean drama and name a few of your favorites. My favorite is Pinocchio and I'm starting to love she was pretty even though the main female lead is a little over the top.

I touched no Korean drama but I've seen a few music videos which are great! I may watch a bit of k-drama in the future when I'm ready to learn Korean.
Reply 2

I love korean dramas! I am currently waching Jealousy incarnate and can not wait to start watching Lee min ho and Jun ji's new drama Legend of the Blue Sea which heirs tommorow. I started watching K-dramas this time last year and I have watched over 30 haha and thats including the dramas you mentioned above and now being able to convese in korean.. I know; way too obsessed haha
You can download the app Kdrama amino; which is basically a platform all about k-dramas. It has all the latest news, polls reviews and chats where you can talk about your favourite shows... I promise that this is not sponsered haha,
Anyways enjoy watching Kdrams they are ace- some of the ones I recommed are:

Sassy go go
Descedents of the sun
W- two worlds
Heirs
Boys over flowers
Birth of a beauty-- super similar to she was pretty
Reply 1997
Reply 1994
Reply 1988
and my favourite drama of all time KILL ME HEAL ME

enjoy :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by Aamenah
I love korean dramas! I am currently waching Jealousy incarnate and can not wait to start watching Lee min ho and Jun ji's new drama Legend of the Blue Sea which heirs tommorow. I started watching K-dramas this time last year and I have watched over 30 haha and thats including the dramas you mentioned above and now being able to convese in korean.. I know; way too obsessed haha
You can download the app Kdrama amino; which is basically a platform all about k-dramas. It has all the latest news, polls reviews and chats where you can talk about your favourite shows... I promise that this is not sponsered haha,
Anyways enjoy watching Kdrams they are ace- some of the ones I recommed are:

Sassy go go
Descedents of the sun
W- two worlds
Heirs
Boys over flowers
Birth of a beauty-- super similar to she was pretty
Reply 1997
Reply 1994
Reply 1988
and my favourite drama of all time KILL ME HEAL ME

enjoy :smile:

Aww, thanks a bunch for this drama list and app suggestion. I started watching dramas a few years ago but I've only watched a few as I'm so busy with school work.
I really want to watch Kill me heal me. Park seo-joon is in the drama isn't it.
Who is your favourite actress?
Do you listen to kpop?
Reply 4
Original post by Eriasu
I touched no Korean drama but I've seen a few music videos which are great! I may watch a bit of k-drama in the future when I'm ready to learn Korean.

I guess watching dramas would be a great way to learn the language. I don't even know a bit of Korean. :u:
I've heard of:
Coffee Prince
Secret Garden
Boys over Flowers

personally, i don't watch kdramas though
Reply 6
I guess watching dramas would be a great way to learn the language. I don't even know a bit of Korean. :u:

Must be tough without the sub
Reply 7
Original post by rayestar
I've heard of:
Coffee Prince
Secret Garden
Boys over Flowers

personally, i don't watch kdramas though

Ooh, why not? What do you watch? :smile:
Boys over flowers is the very first korean drama I've ever watched.
Ooh, why not? What do you watch? :smile:
Boys over flowers is the very first korean drama I've ever watched.

i'm more of a jpop/rock/drama fan cos I understand japanese.
The only korean band I listen to is IMGL- u shud check them out! :biggrin:

outside the asian world, i listen to american bands
Reply 9
i'm more of a jpop/rock/drama fan cos I understand japanese.
The only korean band I listen to is IMGL- u shud check them out! :biggrin:

outside the asian world, i listen to american bands

Okay, I'll check IMGL out :smile:
Reply 10
Aww, thanks a bunch for this drama list and app suggestion. I started watching dramas a few years ago but I've only watched a few as I'm so busy with school work.
I really want to watch Kill me heal me. Park seo-joon is in the drama isn't it.
Who is your favourite actress?
Do you listen to kpop?

Aw anytime haha- tbh i can only keep up with them because i barely sleep- not healty i know ;/
Yeah kill me heal me does have park seo joon, as well ak Ji sung and Jungeum. Its a really fantastic drama that i need to watch again lol
and of course! KPOP is my jam lol. It actually started from Kdrama because I really liked the OST from school 2015 and then that went on to BTS and EXO. Tbh Im more of a fan of OST's than actual kpop so i listen to it but im not fully aware of what's currently out at the moment. I do love Black Pink though; those girls can sing!
Original post by Eriasu
Must be tough without the sub

No, lol I do watch it with subtitles.
I'M VERY EXCITED FOR THIS THREAD!!!!! :excited:

The one's I've watched so far...

Healer - Ji chang wook. :heart:

Descendants of the Sun (DOTS)

Kill Me, Heal Me and I'm currently watching W.
No, lol I do watch it with subtitles.

isn't it annoying to read the sub all the time though? it'd b really hard to pay attention to what's happening... :s-smilie:
Original post by aamirac
I'M VERY EXCITED FOR THIS THREAD!!!!! :excited:

The one's I've watched so far...

Healer - Ji chang wook. :heart:

Descendants of the Sun (DOTS)

Kill Me, Heal Me and I'm currently watching W.

Everyone has been talking about DOTS lately but I really want to watch W especially as Lee Jung Suk is in it.
I'm really happy your excited for this thread!!
isn't it annoying to read the sub all the time though? it'd b really hard to pay attention to what's happening... :s-smilie:

No, not really but I've been watching dramas for a few years so I might be used to it. :biggrin:
I recently watched about half of W, which I really enjoyed. But I'm trying to learn Chinese so I really should start looking for shows in Mandarin, as cheesy as they seem to be.
What are some good shows to start off with? Always wandered about the hype over K-Dramas but never got myself to try one :ninja:
Original post by eugenius 8
What are some good shows to start off with? Always wandered about the hype over K-Dramas but never got myself to try one :ninja:

I started off with To The Beautiful You ( the one with SHINee's minho) but I really like Pinocchio and Secret Garden. Also loads of people have been talking about Descendants Of The Sun so you might want to check that out. :smile:

Quick Reply