The Student Room Group

Oxford Chemistry 2017 Application: The TSAC!

Hi There

Anyone any idea about TSAC (Thinking Skills Assessment: Chemistry) required for 2017 Oxford Chemistry applicants?

I wonder whether it is the same as TSA the Thinking Skills Assessment for PPE?

Is there any recommended books for that?

Any helpful advice will be very much appreciated!
I'm pretty certain it's exactly the same, but without the essay section - so any TSA book should be useful. Don't worry too much about it - do a few practice questions but if I were you I'd focus on chemistry wider reading if you're wanting to prepare for your oxford application.*
Reply 2
Thanks a lot!
Obviously we are all doing the TSA (thinking skills assessment) for Oxford.

So I've created a facebook group, which anyone can join - dedicated for TSA prep.

Practicing TSA and sharing answers/solutions/explanations with others will be a way for all of us to raise our scores and increase our chances of getting an interview and getting an offer!

So if anyone wants to join, or knows someone who would benefit and is taking TSA here's the link:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/988924964567862/

Good luck guys :smile:
I also received an email from the admissions tutor at St Edmund's Hall today.

They said that since it is the first year they will be using part 1 of TSA for Chemistry, not a huge emphasis will be placed on it for your application, although a good score is still helpful.
Reply 5
Hi Really thanks for your help! I have all figured out my uni stuffs so no worries now:smile:
Reply 6
How did you find it? I didn't have enough time to answer all the questions,I'm so worried:frown:
Reply 7
I don't think they'll expect everyone to complete all the questions but do give the rest a guess if you can! Don't worry so much, just wait for the results and keep your fingers crossed:smile:
Reply 8
Have you applied to St Edmund Hall for chemistry? If so have you been called to an interview?
Original post by Asqir
Have you applied to St Edmund Hall for chemistry? If so have you been called to an interview?

Yeah!!! I applied to Teddy Hall :smile:
I got my interview invite in an email on Friday afternoon last week! Are you applying to Teddy Hall as well & have you got an interview too?

I kinda didn't expect it after how diabolically the TSAC went, but they must not have used it significantly when considering whether to interview us or not.
Reply 10
Original post by Turtlebunny
Yeah!!! I applied to Teddy Hall :smile:
I got my interview invite in an email on Friday afternoon last week! Are you applying to Teddy Hall as well & have you got an interview too?

I kinda didn't expect it after how diabolically the TSAC went, but they must not have used it significantly when considering whether to interview us or not.

Same!!! I got my email invite on Friday too. Do you know how many chemistry applicants they interview? And how many they take on?
None of my friends have had invitations to interviews at Oxford yet so it's nice to find someone who has.
Original post by Asqir
Same!!! I got my email invite on Friday too. Do you know how many chemistry applicants they interview? And how many they take on?
None of my friends have had invitations to interviews at Oxford yet so it's nice to find someone who has.

Yeah :smile:

They must do it by college, and St Edmunds must be one of the first to send out interview invites - which is good since it gives us more time to prepare!
I have no idea about the statistics for Chemistry though.

I guess I will see you there on the 13th! What will you be doing to prepare?
Reply 12
Yeah :smile:

They must do it by college, and St Edmunds must be one of the first to send out interview invites - which is good since it gives us more time to prepare!
I have no idea about the statistics for Chemistry though.

I guess I will see you there on the 13th! What will you be doing to prepare?

Yeah it's so nice that they send them out early, makes it so much easier for us. Are you just staying for the 13th and 14th? They ask some people to stay an extra day (thankfully not me).

I've got/had interviews for all of my uni's so I've gone over everything I've said in my personal statement and thought of potential questions they could ask. I'm also gonna try and find as many example questions as I can to get a feel of the sort of stuff they'll ask. I might also do some research on the college and Alumni.
Wbu?
Original post by Asqir
Yeah it's so nice that they send them out early, makes it so much easier for us. Are you just staying for the 13th and 14th? They ask some people to stay an extra day (thankfully not me).

I've got/had interviews for all of my uni's so I've gone over everything I've said in my personal statement and thought of potential questions they could ask. I'm also gonna try and find as many example questions as I can to get a feel of the sort of stuff they'll ask. I might also do some research on the college and Alumni.
Wbu?

Yeah they just asked me to stay on the 13th and 14th of December. Do you know any others who are applying to Teddy Hall and have received interviews?

I think I might revise all of AS Chemistry, or at least the fundamental concepts so that I know that really well for my interview. Also am going to go through things on my personal statement, so I have something to talk about if needed.
Reply 14
Yeah they just asked me to stay on the 13th and 14th of December. Do you know any others who are applying to Teddy Hall and have received interviews?

I think I might revise all of AS Chemistry, or at least the fundamental concepts so that I know that really well for my interview. Also am going to go through things on my personal statement, so I have something to talk about if needed.

No I don't unfortunately, do you?
Yeah good plan.
Original post by Asqir
No I don't unfortunately, do you?
Yeah good plan.

Nah, not many people seem to be applying to St Edmunds Hall, although I have no idea really how many appplied for chem.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending