The Student Room Group

Opinions on these universities??

Hi everyone!

I'm looking to do my MA at UCL, KCL or Royal Holloway next year in History.

Does anyone go to these unis/been to an open day and can tell me how they found it and what the department and lecturers are like??

I'm going to a UCL open day next week, but KCL and Holloway only have open evenings and I'm too far away to just travel for the evening!

Cheers :smile:
Original post by btowngirl
Hi everyone!

I'm looking to do my MA at UCL, KCL or Royal Holloway next year in History.

Does anyone go to these unis/been to an open day and can tell me how they found it and what the department and lecturers are like??

I'm going to a UCL open day next week, but KCL and Holloway only have open evenings and I'm too far away to just travel for the evening!

Cheers :smile:

Hi Btowngirl!

It's great to see that you're already researching and preparing for your MA studies!

We totally appreciate that not everyone can come down to Royal Holloway for our Postgraduate Open Evening, so we're going to be running an online session next week (Monday 21 November, 3pm) to introduce you to Royal Holloway, and how to make the best choices for your next steps. You can book onto that here, and enjoy it from the comfort of your desk chair! Absolutely no travel needed.

However, if you'd like to have a chat with a current student studying an MA in History, we're offering you the chance to Skype a Student, so you can ask them all the in depth questions you might have about the course, lecturers, campus - anything!

Hope that helps!

Summer :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Royal Holloway, University of London
Hi Btowngirl!

It's great to see that you're already researching and preparing for your MA studies!

We totally appreciate that not everyone can come down to Royal Holloway for our Postgraduate Open Evening, so we're going to be running an online session next week (Monday 21 November, 3pm) to introduce you to Royal Holloway, and how to make the best choices for your next steps. You can book onto that here, and enjoy it from the comfort of your desk chair! Absolutely no travel needed.

However, if you'd like to have a chat with a current student studying an MA in History, we're offering you the chance to Skype a Student, so you can ask them all the in depth questions you might have about the course, lecturers, campus - anything!

Hope that helps!

Summer :smile:

Thank you for replying!! I was in class on Monday so I missed it, is there any way to see the same info any where else? :smile:

Also, I was wondering if you offered the chance to defer for a year if I apply now? I want to spend a year working so I can save up and get experience, but I still want to apply!

Thank you! :smile:
Original post by btowngirl
Thank you for replying!! I was in class on Monday so I missed it, is there any way to see the same info any where else? :smile:

Also, I was wondering if you offered the chance to defer for a year if I apply now? I want to spend a year working so I can save up and get experience, but I still want to apply!

Thank you! :smile:

Hey BtownGirl!

I'm sorry to hear that you missed the presentation.

In regards to deferring a year, at postgraduate level we really recommend that where possible you apply for the year you intend to enter the course. If you are going to be spending the year working, this is something that you can discuss in your personal statement about the experience you have gained between your studies, which can look really great. If you had already applied but a change of circumstances had meant you needed to defer your studies for a year, this is something we can accommodate on a case by case basis, however we would strongly recommend waiting to apply until next year if you were intending on having a year of working.

Our next postgraduate event will be taking place in February 2017. We will be holding one Open Evening on Wednesday 15 February on our Egham Campus, however if this is too far to travel, we are also holding an Open Exhibition in our London teaching hub, Bedford Square (date TBC). You can book onto those here! Alternatively, you I could pass your details over to our postgraduate recruitment officer, who can get in contact with you about any questions you might have! :smile:

Summer!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending