The Student Room Group

KPMG Audit School Leaver Programme 2017

Hey everyone,

Haven't seen a thread about this specific programme so decided to make one! Feel free to comment with these -

> Name
> A Level choices
> Predicted grades
> Office applying to
> Applied already?
> Interview invite received (if so, when)?

If you have any questions just put them on here!

I'll start off:

> Aziz
> Mathematics, Economics, Business Studies, and Extended Project
> A*AAA*
> London, Canary Wharf
> Yes
> Yes, 16th November
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

> Ellie
> Maths, Further Maths, Geography
> A*AA (But I am on a Gap Year and resitting, already got an A* in Maths, resitting further maths and geography)
> Office applying to: London
> Applied already? In the process of
> Interview invite received, no

When does the application close? I can't find out anywhere! Just to make sure I complete it in plenty of time.
Reply 2
Hi, congratulations on getting the interview and good luck!
Could you please give provide an insight into your interview day.
E.g. an outline of your day, the activities you complete and also some questions from your interview.
This would be really useful as I am currently waiting for my interview date.
Thanks
Reply 3
how was your interview?
What kinds of things were you asked?
Original post by eturtle182
> Ellie
> Maths, Further Maths, Geography
> A*AA (But I am on a Gap Year and resitting, already got an A* in Maths, resitting further maths and geography)
> Office applying to: London
> Applied already? In the process of
> Interview invite received, no

When does the application close? I can't find out anywhere! Just to make sure I complete it in plenty of time.

Nice! I'm in a similar situation as I already have two grades but am resitting both of them to boost to A* or A at least. You got your interview yet? It didn't show me notifications for some reason but yeah, applications closed yesterday for the London office a few of my mates missed out and were so pissed lol.
Original post by 20102011
how was your interview?
What kinds of things were you asked?

Original post by gurrie_
Hi, congratulations on getting the interview and good luck!
Could you please give provide an insight into your interview day.
E.g. an outline of your day, the activities you complete and also some questions from your interview.
This would be really useful as I am currently waiting for my interview date.
Thanks

Hey guys - what office are you applying to?

So it's literally (surprisingly) what they tell you in the email they send about the interview. They ask about the behavioral capabilities like two questions on each, and I'm going to be honest it's quite a long interview, 50-60 minutes long.. The written exercise doesn't have much like complex content, but the main challenge is using the correct data, making reasonable assumptions, and above all - time management (it's like doing an essay based exam at A Level seriously, like a 40 mark question lol). They give 30 minutes, spend NO MORE than 12 minutes on reading through and highlighting the data you will need (don't highlight everything or takes the value of it all away when you're looking back through it). If you're doing Economics or Business Studies at A Level, approach it as you would approach an essay question in an exam, evaluate your choices and assumptions. Make a detailed analysis. And of course sound professional.

With regards to the interview; I won't tell you the exact questions but they are related to the following: completing a project, completing a project with tight deadline, working within a team to overcome challenge, being collaborative and inclusive (going out of your way I suppose), motivation to join KPMG as well as the program itself, challenges you may face during the program, how you would face these, as well as what research you've done (MAKE SURE TO DO THIS PLEASE). Also, make sure to think up of some questions before the interview so you seem inquisitive. Hope this clears it up.

What offices are you applying to? And predicted grades/subjects?

Any other questions I'll be glad to answer haha. I get my outcome on Friday or Monday so pray for me guys :biggrin:

Edit: there may be some questions I have missed out because I've forgotten them so I don't want to mislead you :h:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by azizadil1998
Hey guys - what office are you applying to?

So it's literally (surprisingly) what they tell you in the email they send about the interview. They ask about the behavioral capabilities like two questions on each, and I'm going to be honest it's quite a long interview, 50-60 minutes long.. The written exercise doesn't have much like complex content, but the main challenge is using the correct data, making reasonable assumptions, and above all - time management (it's like doing an essay based exam at A Level seriously, like a 40 mark question lol). They give 30 minutes, spend NO MORE than 12 minutes on reading through and highlighting the data you will need (don't highlight everything or takes the value of it all away when you're looking back through it). If you're doing Economics or Business Studies at A Level, approach it as you would approach an essay question in an exam, evaluate your choices and assumptions. Make a detailed analysis. And of course sound professional.

With regards to the interview; I won't tell you the exact questions but they are related to the following: completing a project, completing a project with tight deadline, working within a team to overcome challenge, being collaborative and inclusive (going out of your way I suppose), motivation to join KPMG as well as the program itself, challenges you may face during the program, how you would face these, as well as what research you've done (MAKE SURE TO DO THIS PLEASE). Also, make sure to think up of some questions before the interview so you seem inquisitive. Hope this clears it up.

What offices are you applying to? And predicted grades/subjects?

Any other questions I'll be glad to answer haha. I get my outcome on Friday or Monday so pray for me guys :biggrin:

Edit: there may be some questions I have missed out because I've forgotten them so I don't want to mislead you :h:

Hi, I've applied to the birmingham office. I finished sixth form last year
Business Studies A
I.T - A
Sociology - A
English lit - B

Thanks for the insight into your day its useful to know roughly what the day will be like. Also what do you mean in terms of research for kpmg. I've read about their values, culture, mission statement; essentially the life at kpmg page on their web page. Should I be researching in more depth than this?

I really want to get onto this programme

There's a thread here - https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4221644 but I'll reply to this one anyways

> A Level choices: Physics, Chemistry, Maths
> Predicted grades: A*A*A
> Office applying to: Newcastle
> Applied already: Yes
> Interview invite received (if so, when): Yes, 14th November (haven't got an interview date yet though)

Hope the interview went well, and good luck regarding their final decision.

Would you say a lot of preparation is needed for the written exercise? Also, how long did it take you to receive an interview data after being accepted onto the interview stage?
Original post by gurrie_
Hi, I've applied to the birmingham office. I finished sixth form last year
Business Studies A
I.T - A
Sociology - A
English lit - B

Thanks for the insight into your day its useful to know roughly what the day will be like. Also what do you mean in terms of research for kpmg. I've read about their values, culture, mission statement; essentially the life at kpmg page on their web page. Should I be researching in more depth than this?

I really want to get onto this programme

No probs - just look at more detailed things like their latest business report e.g. profit trends, revenue growth, things like that. yeah values will be good but look at more as well in case
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by DarkEnergy

Would you say a lot of preparation is needed for the written exercise? Also, how long did it take you to receive an interview data after being accepted onto the interview stage?

oh nice! thank you :smile: Erm just know how you wanna allocate the time really.. make sure you stick to it! should be fine as long as you are quite articulate. but more dependent on interview i would assume! i will know in a day or two aha
oh nice! thank you :smile: Erm just know how you wanna allocate the time really.. make sure you stick to it! should be fine as long as you are quite articulate. but more dependent on interview i would assume! i will know in a day or two aha

Sorry, I meant interview date not interview data. Like how long after getting the email that you've got through to the interview stage did you get an interview date? Got my email saying I got through on Monday but haven't got an interview date yet.

Also did you see any other applicants there?

Oh and also did you wear a suit for your interview, or something more casual?
hi, sorry to add to the many questions😄 But how much research would you recommend for the interveiw? I've looked all over the KPMG website and I'm not sure if that's enough😄
Also how similar was the written test to the tests in the pack they sent? Harder or easier? Thanks so much, good luck😄
(edited 7 years ago)
Sorry, I meant interview date not interview data. Like how long after getting the email that you've got through to the interview stage did you get an interview date? Got my email saying I got through on Monday but haven't got an interview date yet.

Also did you see any other applicants there?

Oh and also did you wear a suit for your interview, or something more casual?

It took around a week, I think they just need to see when interviewers are available and stuff, I had a relatively inexperienced person she had done like 3 interviews before she said lol. And not any that I saw, was hoping there were so I could meet some new people but oh well ahah
Original post by dom117117
hi, sorry to add to the many questions😄 But how much research would you recommend for the interveiw? I've looked all over the KPMG website and I'm not sure if that's enough😄
Also how similar was the written test to the tests in the pack they sent? Harder or easier? Thanks so much, good luck😄

O

Just got the email from them - the dreaded 'we appreciate your time and effort', so don't make my mistake guys, do some in depth research into the company, and find similar companies like Pwc and whatever else, see how their performance related to theirs possibly, look at their financial report and major news for the last year or so to differentiate yourself. I was strong in every other area except for "Career Motivation" and "Seizes Business Opportunities" so they said I needed to do more research and more aware of news regarding the financial sector (Told me to read the economist which I read every week WTFF), and more research into what auditing involves. Everything else I had good feedback on so I'm really happy with that overall, as I was doing this mainly for interview practice and as a contingency plan. The thing I really appreciate is that they give you pretty detailed feedback on your strengths so you can properly assess yourself if you are successful or unsuccessful.

The pack as in the online tests? Well the written exercise itself wasn't difficult like it wasn't hard to comprehend the data it's just basic common sense and reading text, and a few basic math calculations to get the required quotes for the order the company will take.

Best of luck to the both of you! Tell me how it goes.
O

Just got the email from them - the dreaded 'we appreciate your time and effort', so don't make my mistake guys, do some in depth research into the company, and find similar companies like Pwc and whatever else, see how their performance related to theirs possibly, look at their financial report and major news for the last year or so to differentiate yourself. I was strong in every other area except for "Career Motivation" and "Seizes Business Opportunities" so they said I needed to do more research and more aware of news regarding the financial sector (Told me to read the economist which I read every week WTFF), and more research into what auditing involves. Everything else I had good feedback on so I'm really happy with that overall, as I was doing this mainly for interview practice and as a contingency plan. The thing I really appreciate is that they give you pretty detailed feedback on your strengths so you can properly assess yourself if you are successful or unsuccessful.

The pack as in the online tests? Well the written exercise itself wasn't difficult like it wasn't hard to comprehend the data it's just basic common sense and reading text, and a few basic math calculations to get the required quotes for the order the company will take.

thanks for the advice!😄
O

Thank you for the reply, good luck with whatever you choose to do next.
Thank you for the reply, good luck with whatever you choose to do next.

Original post by dom117117
thanks for the advice!😄

No problem, thanks :smile:
Hey congratulations, I hope it went well, I was wondering if you could give any advice on the online test, is it just Numerical and Verbal reasoning questions that they ask?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending