The Student Room Group

Kings College London- Medicine 2017 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Johncenaofficial
What are your other stats?

Posted from TSR Mobile

A*AA predicted grades, 10 A*s at GCSE
Reply 681
If everyone does really well in the interviews in December, and they want to give offers to them - then there would be a limited number of places left and they will interview less people in jan feb and march. but if not, there would be more places.
I hope everyone does well though, not being jealous. hopefully I will hear back soon
Nothing from them yet

I'm an international applicant so idk when I'll get a response
Reply 683
Original post by neilthomas
A*AA predicted grades, 10 A*s at GCSE

bruh! this is insane. perhaps your predicted grades aren't good enough. well quite a lot of people do 4 / 5 A levels with pretty much all A* predictions
Anyone still not heard from them? I got 767 on ukcat and nothing so far :frown:

Me... I have achieved A2 equivalent grades that exceed their requirements by far as well as 753 band 1 on ukcat :frown: plus I'm European so even though I don't live in the UK they should invite me at the same time as home applicants
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by StationToStation
Me... I have achieved A2 equivalent grades that exceed their requirements by far as well as 753 band 1 on ukcat :frown:

Fingers crossed we get something over the next couple of days, good luck!
Fingers crossed we get something over the next couple of days, good luck!

Good luck to you too! I'm sure we'll both get interviews based on the stats of those who already have, it's just this wait that's driving me insane lol
Worried! Not heard anything back yet
Applied for both Grad and Undergrad programs, 703 in the UKCAT with SJT band 2
Currently undergoing BSc Optometry but not the best A Levels with ABC and a c in as chem sadly! GCSEs were better 8A*'s some A's and 2B's in English lang and lit (let downs!)
Currently working at St Thomas' hospital (partner to kings)
Fingers are crossed!!!
Original post by guptkhalsa84
Currently undergoing BSc Optometry but not the best A Levels with ABC and a c in as chem sadly! GCSEs were better 8A*'s some A's and 2B's in English lang and lit (let downs!)
Fingers are crossed!!!

Hi I am an A100 and A102 applicant working at Tommy's as well. Good luck!
As an international and a grad, my interviews are not until January anyway. Early January for grad and late January for international A100 but I feel all of you who are getting antsy. Hopefully they send out the next batch soon!

I'm curious though, how much does the UKCAT compensate for grades or carry you through to the interview stage? I applied to Kings because I did extremely well on my UKCAT (833) and everyone told me that it was a good place to apply with that score. I have a 2:1 equivalent and 36 IB, decent PS/reference.
Reply 690
Original post by neuralgal
As an international and a grad, my interviews are not until January anyway. Early January for grad and late January for international A100 but I feel all of you who are getting antsy. Hopefully they send out the next batch soon!

I'm curious though, how much does the UKCAT compensate for grades or carry you through to the interview stage? I applied to Kings because I did extremely well on my UKCAT (833) and everyone told me that it was a good place to apply with that score. I have a 2:1 equivalent and 36 IB, decent PS/reference.

I cannot say for certain as I am pretty sure they do not release data about how much the UKCAT can compensate for, but that score is so very high that I presume you would be very likely to receive an interview (if not definitely in my opinion!). As long as you meet the other requirements which it looks like you do, I think the Kings application system will work in your benefit.Congrats on such an amazing score!
Original post by yanzzz123
Hi I am an A100 and A102 applicant working at Tommy's as well. Good luck!

Wow! What department may I ask lol! and best of luck to you too!
Original post by 11...
If everyone does really well in the interviews in December, and they want to give offers to them - then there would be a limited number of places left and they will interview less people in jan feb and march. but if not, there would be more places.
I hope everyone does well though, not being jealous. hopefully I will hear back soon

That's not necessarily true. Pretty sure they wait until February/March till they start handing out offers. They compare the interview score of the applicant to the average score for that cycle, and then they weigh it up with all the other stats the applicant has. At least, that's what I've heard. But either way, King's will still interview the same number of applicants this year as long as the total number of people who applied is a similar figure to last cycle's one.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ASTK98
That's not necessarily true. Pretty sure they wait until February/March till they start handing out offers. They compare the interview score of the applicant to the average score for that cycle, and then they weigh it up with all the other stats the applicant has. At least, that's what I've heard. But either way, King's will still interview the same number of applicants this year as long as the total number of people who applied is a similar figure to last cycle's one.

Posted from TSR Mobile

They take in the scores after the interviews and anyone who performs really well (high scores) get an offer about a few weeks/ a month after (people were getting offers/rejections in early January last year) and anyone who got very low will also get a rejection quite quickly. Most people tend to fall in between and won't hear until March when interview sessions start coming to a close. And actually the amount they interview sways from year to year as does the number of offers given out as it's done on a rolling basis.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by 11...
bruh! this is insane. perhaps your predicted grades aren't good enough. well quite a lot of people do 4 / 5 A levels with pretty much all A* predictions

Predictions mean squat for Kings. It's predominantly GCSE/UKCAT scores for the academic side and then the PS/Reference. I have a friend who's gotten an interview with AAA predicted grades, a UKCAT of 680ish but GCSEs that are like 11A*s
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 695
are there any other any graduates applying to a100 at kings?
Original post by eemooz

I am also a graduate applying to a100!! Haven't heard anything yet though

Reply 697
Original post by wannabeadoctorr

I am also a graduate applying to a100!! Haven't heard anything yet though

oh hi! I think youre the first one I have seen on this thread, or maybe others havent made it so clear lol.

I havent heard anything either, but dont worry, someone mentioned that graduates get interviewed in January so technically we wont hear back till mid December earliest?

What are your stats if you dont mind me asking :smile:
Original post by guptkhalsa84
Fingers are crossed!!!

im in the same boat as you.
700 UKCAT
Band 2
A levels- similar
BSc Biomed (2:1)- Birmingham
MSc - University of Oxford.

not heard back ....
waiting is so hard.
Reply 699
Original post by eemooz

Me! Well- I'll be graduating this year. Hate the waiting!

Quick Reply

Latest