The Student Room Group

America is racist again

Why are people saying America is racist against because of Trumps win?

When Obama became President, who won many states Trump won, America was not so racist anymore because a White majority elected an African-American leader. But that didn't last long did it?

Lets face it we've seen in the last 8 years nothing but race riots and being told how evil and racist we are.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ThePurging
Why are people saying America is racist against because of Trumps win?

When Obama became President, who won many states Trump won, America was not so racist anymore because a White majority elected an African-American leader. But that didn't last long did it?

Lets face it we've seen in the last 8 years nothing but race riots and being told how evil and racist we are.

Are they saying the whole country is racist? Care to give examples?
Where did people say that racism had ended becayse Obama had been elected?
You dont seem to understand a lot about racism.
Because regressive lefties and SJWs are allergic to logic don't know how to engage in rational discourse. Shouting "racist" apparently dismisses their opponent by painting them as evil bigots.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by habeas.corpus
Because regressive lefties and SJWs are allergic to logic don't know how to engage in rational discourse. Shouting "racism" apparently dismisses their opponent by painting them as evil bigots.

Care to show me where people are saying the entire country is racist?
Care to show me where people said racisim no longer existed because Obama was elected?
Original post by 999tigger
Care to show me where people said racisim no longer existed because Obama was elected?

I never claimed that racism did not exist under Obama's administration. Nor did I claim that the entirety of America are racist. I think you have read the OP's post too literally...
(edited 7 years ago)
I never claimed that racism did not exist under Obama's administration. Nor did I claim that the entirety of America are racist. I think you have read the OP's post too literally...

I am not responsible for what the OP posts, but you seem happy to support it and talk about people being allergic to logic. Go figure.
(edited 7 years ago)
I am not responsible for what the OP posts, but you seem happy to support it and talk about people being allergic to logic. Go fugure.

What are you even on about? Stop tripping.
Just saying... although the extreme left has been calling everyone in the alt-right racist... Racism in American society always existed. Trump just amplified this racism. He did not create this racism.

Posted from TSR Mobile
What are you even on about? Stop tripping.

Is the OP correct or not?
Are you agreeing with him or not?
If so provide some evidence.
And now you have KKK parades! :smile: #MakeAmericaHateAgain

Dude he isn't defending OP's post, OP's post is false in nature. But what he said about SJWs and extreme leftist is true. My ultra-liberal friends at school are a proof of this phenomenon.

Posted from TSR Mobile
It doesn't work though I mean I get intimidated into silence but guess what when I go to the polls I vote for brexit and I would have voted for Trump had I been American and thus able to vote.

Now I don't assume myself as racist, the lefties like to call me racist though. Well hypothetically assuming I was what does yelling abuse and this aggro achieve?

It doesn't change my opinions it even strengthens them just now I don't discuss it publicly. However I express it in the vote. Now if people were to respond with reasonable discussion debate hear what I had to say without dismissing me as an evil Nazi (ironic as I am an autistic Jew) or an idiot etc but instead discussed and actually countered my points maybe they might get some success in convincing me to change my political opinion.

However with the current mentality they hide the view points they don't like but it comes out in the voting booth. Carry on this way and we really will start to get racist parties and politicians in. Trump isn't racist and I am not worried about him.

However I really would not be surprised if we got Evalion sky rocketing in the polls (I think she is Canadian so would be Canadian polls) then we really do have a Nazi candidate and guess what no one would belief the media because they lied too much before. Seriously she probably will get in, in the future she is very politically active.
america never stopped being racist

all trump has merely done is prove that if you act like a racist ******* you can even be the most powerful leader in the world

and thus racism is still a core aspect of american society today
Original post by Luke7456
It doesn't work though I mean I get intimidated into silence but guess what when I go to the polls I vote for brexit and I would have voted for Trump had I been American and thus able to vote.

Now I don't assume myself as racist, the lefties like to call me racist though. Well hypothetically assuming I was what does yelling abuse and this aggro achieve?

It doesn't change my opinions it even strengthens them just now I don't discuss it publicly. However I express it in the vote. Now if people were to respond with reasonable discussion debate hear what I had to say without dismissing me as an evil Nazi (ironic as I am an autistic Jew) or an idiot etc but instead discussed and actually countered my points maybe they might get some success in convincing me to change my political opinion.

However with the current mentality they hide the view points they don't like but it comes out in the voting booth. Carry on this way and we really will start to get racist parties and politicians in. Trump isn't racist and I am not worried about him.

However I really would not be surprised if we got Evalion sky rocketing in the polls (I think she is Canadian so would be Canadian polls) then we really do have a Nazi candidate and guess what no one would belief the media because they lied too much before. Seriously she probably will get in, in the future she is very politically active.

I agree completely, as a liberal I respect your point of view. The media is to blame here with their lies and biases against the right. Their prejudice results in their journalistic objectivity being compromised.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by wolfmoon88
Just saying... although the extreme left has been calling everyone in the alt-right racist... Racism in American society always existed. Trump just amplified this racism. He did not create this racism.

Posted from TSR Mobile

The alt-right should not be normalised, they have confessed that the only difference between them and the skinheads is intellect (they are more educated and wear suits). Their founder is Richard Spencer, which is telling.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Happy to go with that. At least there is some logic going about. the extreme left are so called for a reason, just as the extreme right are.
Original post by WBZ144
The alt-right should not be normalised, they have confessed that the only difference between them and the skinheads is intellect (they are more educated and wear suits). Their founder is Richard Spencer, which is telling.

Rephrase of my point, many ultra-left call all on the right of the political spectrum racist. Alt right should definitely not be normalized.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Happy to go with that. At least there is some logic going about. the extreme left are so called for a reason, just as the extreme right are.

Both extremes can said to be at fault.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Rephrase of my point, many ultra-left call all on the right of the political spectrum racist. Alt right should definitely not be normalized.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah, I see :smile:
When was it considered not a racist country.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending