The Student Room Group

Medicine 2017 entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by WC7867
Hi all,

Got accepted for an interview at Kings two days ago! Very excited, but nervous.

I have the ISC Medical book and am using it to prepare for the MMIs, but is there any way to know what the stations will be? I know Birmingham is quite transparent with telling applicants what each of the stations are/what they're testing, but Kings seem to be quite vague from what I've researched.

Also, the status of my application (accepted for interview) has been updated on Kings Apply, but not on UCAS Track; does anyone know why that is?

And, just out of curiousity, has anyone got any interview offers from Bristol/Birmingham/Barts?

Good luck all with your interviews and applications!

Hi,

Congrats on your interview!!! I also applied to kings. Would you mind sharing if you applied to GEM or undergrad and what your UKCAT score is and your A-levels? I am just so nervous...
Thank you!
Original post by Nuba123
No way!!! x

Glasgow (zero chance), Dundee (fair chance), Aberdeen(fair chance) and Edinburgh (very low chance)

wby?

Glasgow uses a cut off but the other 3 don't hope this helps. x

I've applied to Dundee too!! Do you know how they use the UKCAT or how they shortlist their applicants? x
Hey guys,

Does anyone have any tips on how to catch up with all the recent events in the medical field? I've left it quite late considering I have a Cardiff interview of the 14th of December. I know reading BBC Health is a common one however, is there a way to read articles from say, 6 months ago?

Thanks and good luck to everyone!
Original post by chc1999
I've applied to Dundee too!! Do you know how they use the UKCAT or how they shortlist their applicants? x

"Applications are ranked on academic achievement and UKCAT score. The top 550 will be invited to select an interview time to suit them via our online booking tool. We also invite applicants to provide information about any adverse circumstances which could have affected their education and applications will then be ranked again using this extra information and approximately another 50 invitations to interview will be issued. "

x
Original post by Nuba123
"Applications are ranked on academic achievement and UKCAT score. The top 550 will be invited to select an interview time to suit them via our online booking tool. We also invite applicants to provide information about any adverse circumstances which could have affected their education and applications will then be ranked again using this extra information and approximately another 50 invitations to interview will be issued. "

x

Thankyou!! Good luck on your application x
had a mock interview yesterday with someone who is actually on the UCL admission board and interviews undergraduates! she said the most important thing is to learn. your. personal statement. i mentioned first aiding at the london marathon and she asked me what solution we have to the dehydrated runners. the answer was pump em full of electrolytes but i was asked why electrolytes and why not pure water. so know every single thing they could possibly ask you about your personal statement!

that being said she said if my mock was a real UCL interview i'd have a place! best of luck to everyone!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by hannahluntana
had a mock interview yesterday with someone who is actually on the UCL admission board and interviews undergraduates! she said the most important thing is to learn. your. personal statement. i mentioned first aiding at the london marathon and she asked me what solution we have to the dehydrated runners. the answer was pump em full of electrolytes but i was asked why electrolytes and why not pure water. so know every single thing they could possibly ask you about your personal statement!

that being said she said if my mock was a real UCL interview i'd have a place! best of luck to everyone!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I cannot stress this enough, it is so true!
Original post by ArtScience
Hi,

Congrats on your interview!!! I also applied to kings. Would you mind sharing if you applied to GEM or undergrad and what your UKCAT score is and your A-levels? I am just so nervous...
Thank you!

Thank you!!

I applied to undergrad Medicine and my UKCAT score was 727 average, with Band 1 Situational Judgement. I'm doing Biology, Chemsitry and Physics with predicted grades A*AA (we didn't sit AS exams, due to the new linear system).

Don't be nervous!!! I was terrified I wouldn't get any offers, but according to the UKCAT website, they only release our scores to universities in the first week of November, so it just takes a while for unis to consider the whole of your application. You'll get offers back soon!

Good luck!
Original post by erinls2
I have one from Birmingham :smile: and I know some people with Bristol but I haven't heard yet

Congrats!! I'm getting worried, but I guess I'll just have to hope and wait a bit longer! Well done on Birmingham though!
Original post by chc1999
Thankyou!! Good luck on your application x

You too, gyal x
got an offer
Original post by afgcfjrfjcx
got an offer

Where from ?
What are your stats ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by DibbyDabby
Where from ?
What are your stats ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

They are joking don't worry

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just got an interview from Edinburgh 😁

Posted from TSR Mobile
Got an interview offer for Leicester!
Original post by Asian_persuasion
Got an interview offer for Leicester!

Congrats! What date have you booked it on?

Posted from TSR Mobile
My son just got an interview for Leicester score 42.5 it was date up to 6th January so there are more dates to come.Good luck everyone.While back someone on this thread said my son had no chance as his GCSEs were not that strong but his A levels were excellent so future medics if you work hard in A levels but didn't get strong GCSEs like my son you can still have chance don't give up.Just hope he does well in interview.A lot of you were so support thank you.
Hey guys! (I know I've said this before, so forgive me if you're seeing this for a 2nd time).

If you'd like you could join the "Med School 2017 Entry" social group. It'll be easy for a fellow applicant to identify you (like a contact list) and any future threads can also be posted through here so it's easier for everyone to find :smile:

here's the link: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/group.php?groupid=3725
Original post by S1966
My son just got an interview for Leicester score 42.5 it was date up to 6th January so there are more dates to come.Good luck everyone.While back someone on this thread said my son had no chance as his GCSEs were not that strong but his A levels were excellent so future medics if you work hard in A levels but didn't get strong GCSEs like my son you can still have chance don't give up.Just hope he does well in interview.A lot of you were so support thank you.

Thank you for letting us know! I think I got 41.5 for my score, but if they count my further maths iGCSE it would be 42.5, but I'm not sure if they will. It's absolutely nerve racking right now, especially since I haven't heard from any universities yet :redface:
Original post by Selgomez11
Thank you for letting us know! I think I got 41.5 for my score, but if they count my further maths iGCSE it would be 42.5, but I'm not sure if they will. It's absolutely nerve racking right now, especially since I haven't heard from any universities yet :redface:

There are more interviews dates my son had a date up to 6th January they interview to February.so there are a lot more interviews keep up the hope.My son applied to Exeter too but has not heard anything but some student are saying that all emails from Exeter has been sent but some haven't received them due to their system being down so will tell my son to ring,Good luck

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending