The Student Room Group

Guidance with the new English specification (9-1) [AQA] [WIP]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Lemur14
I only know mine because I've been applying for sixth forms lol. Those are great predictions :smile:

Revision is so hard already I am not sure I will be able to make them all.
Original post by Stephaniex
Revision is so hard already I am not sure I will be able to make them all.

I wouldn't be worrying about revision now! I have mocks in a week and I haven't started yet (well I would have started if the teachers weren't still constantly setting loads of homework). You can create revision resources in year 10 but there's little point revising much content (apart from for assessmrnts etc.) as you it is unlikely to be that valuable in the long run
Original post by Lemur14
I wouldn't be worrying about revision now! I have mocks in a week and I haven't started yet (well I would have started if the teachers weren't still constantly setting loads of homework). You can create revision resources in year 10 but there's little point revising much content (apart from for assessmrnts etc.) as you it is unlikely to be that valuable in the long run

I'm in the exact same situation here.
I've just started English revision now:colonhash::frown:

Are you doing the pixl papers for maths or edexcel?
Original post by bluepearl7

we've already done them. I got a 9 :biggrin: (though it was 57.5% for a 9 lol)
Original post by Lemur14
we've already done them. I got a 9 :biggrin: (though it was 57.5% for a 9 lol)

oh wow well done:smile:

My teacher gives 8s only if you get like 70+ per paper.She probably expects full marks for a 9. Ive been 80% in total .

Did you do the pixl papers?
(edited 7 years ago)
oh wow well done:smile:

My teacher gives 8s only if you get like 70+ per paper.She probably expects full marks for a 9. Ive been 80% in total .

Did you do the pixl papers?

Sorry that was referring to the PIXL papers. We did them in June and used the official PIXL grade boundaries. 80% is great :smile:
I don't really know what papers we will be doing for mocks as we haven't done them yet, and it hasn't been mentioned. We have been given the specimen papers set 2 for revision though, so I assume it's not them!
yeah we did the first set of pixl papers back in june aswell. The one i'm doing next week is another set of pixl papers.

Anyways, Good luck!:smile:
This thread is great. Thank you so much, it really helps :smile:
yeah we did the first set of pixl papers back in june aswell. The one i'm doing next week is another set of pixl papers.

Anyways, Good luck!:smile:

I didn't realise there were two sets. We may well be doing those then.
Good luck to you too!
We've got mocks i all subjects in December- not looking forward to it!
Anyone else doing the Telling Tales (short stories) anthology for AQA English lit?
Original post by Lemur14
no, @_gcx is in year 11 :smile: A great member of our year 11 Skype Group :smile:

y11 Skype group? sorry I've been looking for one of those

pixl papers are EVIL
Original post by studyxgcse
y11 Skype group? sorry I've been looking for one of those

Yep we have a Skype group which has a load of year 11 students in. We generally do some revision sessions together each week depending on who is around each day. I love having people who you can just ask anything around :biggrin: pm me your Skype name and I can add you :smile:
Original post by Lemur14
Yep we have a Skype group which has a load of year 11 students in. We generally do some revision sessions together each week depending on who is around each day. I love having people who you can just ask anything around :biggrin: pm me your Skype name and I can add you :smile:

thank you! i'll pm in a sec :biggrin:
Original post by studyxgcse
thank you! i'll pm in a sec :biggrin:

Great :smile:
You are amazing.

i logged in to TSR after like a month just to say this.

ThankyouThankyouThankyou!
@_gcx do you mind if I turn the original advice at the top of this thread into an advice powerpoint for English GCSE? I'll make sure to credit you at the beginning of the ppt- but no worries if you don't want the advice to be turned into any other format/taken outside of this thread :smile:
Original post by brownanya122
@_gcx do you mind if I turn the original advice at the top of this thread into an advice powerpoint for English GCSE? I'll make sure to credit you at the beginning of the ppt- but no worries if you don't want the advice to be turned into any other format/taken outside of this thread :smile:

You're welcome to :smile:
Original post by _gcx
You're welcome to :smile:

Thankyou! I'll post it here when done :smile:
Hi guys
Attached should be the advice from this thread in ppt form, just in case anyone finds it easier to read in this form :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending