The Student Room Group

Advice needed for filmmaker switching to Computer Science (Foundation Year)

Hey everyone,

Such a relief to have found this forum! I'm really hoping someone can give me some advice on this.

Been looking a TON online, trying to find a solid foundation year program to bring up my math/physics skills up to level. I've always wanted to do this and I'm really taking all the steps required to do it, like so many of you have. Actually, it's been very inspiring reading some of the posts here.

Basically I'd like to change careers and eventually get a BSc. in Computer Science, and it seems like a foundation year in Engineering is the way to go? Doesn't look like there's a lot of Computer Science foundation years.

Some context! I'm 29 years old and a non-UK resident (although I did study filmmaking in the UK from 2010-2011). I have a French Baccalaureate from 2006 (Humanities).

Can you please advise me on which way to go?
Can you share your recommendations as to which university offers the most suitable and better program for someone like me?
What are are the TOP 3 Foundation Year programs in the UK in your opinion? How about Europe? How about the rest of the world?

Feel free to answer to any or all questions!

Thanks!
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending