The Student Room Group

History of Art - 2017 entry

Scroll to see replies

Anyone else waiting for results from the semi gathered field for the UCL application? 😅

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sophieaxon
In regards to being invited to interview, I think you might surprise yourself!! There's nothing stopping you :smile: Given that Holmwood's painting is striking and full of ideas, I'm sure you'll have responded well to it! My written piece was in response to 'Medea' by Frederick Sandys.

You have every right to be proud of your grades :smile: My GCSE grades aren't as impressive which I'm a little worried about (2A* 4A 4B) but at AS I got AAB so I think that may help me? I'm not entirely sure though. I suppose it depends on the grades attained by other applicants. Do you know anybody else who's applying for HoA?

Your GCSE grades were fab! Don't put yourself down love. But yes, I think your AS grades will 100% bring you up, so nothing to worry about :smile:

I'm afraid I don't know anybody else haha
Has anyone heard anything yet? 😅

Posted from TSR Mobile
Got offers back from York, Leicester and Keele (to do History)! Just waiting on UOB now for History of Art and History and History of Art combined now :h:
Original post by mxxlissa
Got offers back from York, Leicester and Keele (to do History)! Just waiting on UOB now for History of Art and History and History of Art combined now :h:

Congratulations! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Bit late to this, but I've applied to York, Nottingham, UEA, Bristol (have got offers from all of these ahh) and Oxford. Does anyone know when Oxford will start letting people know about interviews? I'm so nervous!
Original post by emmap1998
Bit late to this, but I've applied to York, Nottingham, UEA, Bristol (have got offers from all of these ahh) and Oxford. Does anyone know when Oxford will start letting people know about interviews? I'm so nervous!

Congrats on your offers! I'm also waiting to hear back from Oxford but I'm uncertain when they'll get back to us. Taking into consideration that Law applicants who had to sit the LNAT have been receiving interview/rejection emails, I'm assuming we'll hear back soon? At least, I hope so! :smile:

If you don't mind me asking, what grades did you get at GCSE and AS?
Congrats on your offers! I'm also waiting to hear back from Oxford but I'm uncertain when they'll get back to us. Taking into consideration that Law applicants who had to sit the LNAT have been receiving interview/rejection emails, I'm assuming we'll hear back soon? At least, I hope so! :smile:

If you don't mind me asking, what grades did you get at GCSE and AS?

Thanks! That's true, I know that only 33% get interviews though so I'm not tremendously optimistic. Which college have you applied for?
I got 4A*s 7As and 1B at GCSE- which is ok but not great by Oxford standards, but I got 4As at AS level and am predicted 3A*s at A2 so I'm hoping that will make up for it :smile:
Thanks! That's true, I know that only 33% get interviews though so I'm not tremendously optimistic. Which college have you applied for?
I got 4A*s 7As and 1B at GCSE- which is ok but not great by Oxford standards, but I got 4As at AS level and am predicted 3A*s at A2 so I'm hoping that will make up for it :smile:

Neither am I, I'm just preparing myself for a rejection email. I've applied to Christ Church, how about yourself?

Those grades are worthy of an Oxford offer, I honestly wouldn't worry! I got 2A*s 4As and 4Bs which I'm quite disappointed about but what can I do about my GCSEs now, eh? At AS level I got AAB (1 mark off an A, argh!). My college kept changing their mind about my predicted grades so they're either A*AA or AAA.
Here's hoping my personal statement, written work, and predicted grades make up for my past grades!
Neither am I, I'm just preparing myself for a rejection email. I've applied to Christ Church, how about yourself?

Those grades are worthy of an Oxford offer, I honestly wouldn't worry! I got 2A*s 4As and 4Bs which I'm quite disappointed about but what can I do about my GCSEs now, eh? At AS level I got AAB (1 mark off an A, argh!). My college kept changing their mind about my predicted grades so they're either A*AA or AAA.
Here's hoping my personal statement, written work, and predicted grades make up for my past grades!

Ooh Christ Church is amazing! Have you been in their gallery? It was incredible! I've applied to Wadham, just because everyone was so friendly.
And your right- I hope they look more at personal statement and written work. Congrats on your grades!
Ooh Christ Church is amazing! Have you been in their gallery? It was incredible! I've applied to Wadham, just because everyone was so friendly.
And your right- I hope they look more at personal statement and written work. Congrats on your grades!

Ooh another HoA Oxford applicant ! :biggrin: Glad to find some more people who are in the same boat as I am :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by tmwilliams
Ooh another HoA Oxford applicant ! :biggrin: Glad to find some more people who are in the same boat as I am :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yay! Same, there's only two other people in my school applying for HoA so I'm glad I found this. :smile:
Yay! Same, there's only two other people in my school applying for HoA so I'm glad I found this. :smile:

I know how you feel, I think I'm literally the only one at my school 😂
There's also a spreadsheet in the Oxford thread where you can add your details pertaining to grades, invites etc (if you want) :smile:

Absolutely dying waiting 😭

Posted from TSR Mobile
I know how you feel, I think I'm literally the only one at my school 😂
There's also a spreadsheet in the Oxford thread where you can add your details pertaining to grades, invites etc (if you want) :smile:

Absolutely dying waiting 😭

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same I'm like refreshing my email all the time. I've seen people talking about the spreadsheet on the Oxford thread, but I'm not sure where I can find it, do you have a link or anything?
Same I'm like refreshing my email all the time. I've seen people talking about the spreadsheet on the Oxford thread, but I'm not sure where I can find it, do you have a link or anything?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1MtKuuGtTHbJE4y0xHlt5lL3yw0srB-OvQ1CESNPpEcs/edit#gid=0

Posted from TSR Mobile
Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks so much!

Thanks so much!

I really hope we hear next week 😭 I literally just want to get my rejection so I can get on with my life 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
I really hope we hear next week 😭 I literally just want to get my rejection so I can get on with my life 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know! I just need to know so I can either prepare for interview or be disappointed and move on. The wait is so painful!
I know! I just need to know so I can either prepare for interview or be disappointed and move on. The wait is so painful!

Totally! But I can absolutely imagine them making us wait until like the very last minute on Friday evening or something 😂😭

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hello! New to this thread here! International student here applying with the IB diploma
I've applied to the Courtauld, Oxford, St. Andrews, York and Durham (Liberal Arts)
Did any one else apply to St. Johns?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending