The Student Room Group

Kings College London- Medicine 2017 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 11...
do they accept band 3.

from reading previous forums, they have interviewed band 3 but on their website it says that it's unfavourable I believe. I think people who did get interviews with a band 3 were all above 740 ukcat though from the people I saw in the forums, doesn't mean they don't offer interviews for band3 with lower than 740, I just haven't seen that in forums.
Reply 741
Original post by Mo_elheramy
from reading previous forums, they have interviewed band 3 but on their website it says that it's unfavourable I believe. I think people who did get interviews with a band 3 were all above 740 ukcat though from the people I saw in the forums, doesn't mean they don't offer interviews for band3 with lower than 740, I just haven't seen that in forums.

:smile: thx
Reply 742
Anyone know if there is a specific Graduate Entry thread?
Original post by tsr120
A*?? I thought the offers would be AAA

Based on what I read, the average entering marks of the class were A*AA, but offers could definitely have been made based on getting AAA.
Reply 744
Original post by neuralgal
Based on what I read, the average entering marks of the class were A*AA, but offers could definitely have been made based on getting AAA.

Okay thank you that clears it up :smile:
Original post by 11...
do they accept band 3.

If you're a home student, a high UKCAT score may help you there. But if you're international, it's highly unlikely that they'll look at your application further.
A100 internationals: heads up that the Jan/Feb dates for the international interviews haven't been decided yet so we may be waiting a bit longer to hear back
A100 internationals: heads up that the Jan/Feb dates for the international interviews haven't been decided yet so we may be waiting a bit longer to hear back

Thanks for letting us know. How did you know if you don't mind me asking? did you ring them up
Can anybody predict when rejections might be sent out?
Original post by yanzzz123
Thanks for letting us know. How did you know if you don't mind me asking? did you ring them up

I sent them a message through the portal. They said that the dates hadn't been decided yet but they'd let us know as soon as possible.
Original post by Fleuves
Can anybody predict when rejections might be sent out?

Last year rejections and interview invites were sent out at the same time. I'm not sure what they're doing this year.
Last year rejections and interview invites were sent out at the same time. I'm not sure what they're doing this year.

Thank you,

TSR curse that you compare yourself to interview receivers on this thread - really doubting my chances and just want to know when I'll know if it's a no!
Original post by Fleuves
Thank you,

TSR curse that you compare yourself to interview receivers on this thread - really doubting my chances and just want to know when I'll know if it's a no!

I feel you but you have to remember that you've worked very hard for your achievements and they're not to be taken lightly. And everybody has a different background so there's a lot of factors to consider.

From my time in the rabbit hole that was those FOIs, as long as you meet the academic requirements, there's a chance :smile:
I sent them a message through the portal. They said that the dates hadn't been decided yet but they'd let us know as soon as possible.

Well let's hope we will find out before christmas...
Original post by yanzzz123
Well let's hope we will find out before christmas...

Totally agreed. If not for the reason of having a chance to go to medical school, but for the reason of being able to drop organic chemistry II+lab if I have UK interviews that might pan out.
Totally agreed. If not for the reason of having a chance to go to medical school, but for the reason of being able to drop organic chemistry II+lab if I have UK interviews that might pan out.

Yeah I have to plan my revision for January exams. What degree are you doing? (mine's biomedical engineering)
I already graduated but medical schools in the US have specific courses that they require like organic chemistry, general chemistry, bio, physics, etc. So I'm taking an extra year to do some more courses and fulfill those requirements - but if I don't get any interviews from the schools that require the second organic chemistry course, I'm not in the mood to suffer through more organic chemistry.
I already graduated but medical schools in the US have specific courses that they require like organic chemistry, general chemistry, bio, physics, etc. So I'm taking an extra year to do some more courses and fulfill those requirements - but if I don't get any interviews from the schools that require the second organic chemistry course, I'm not in the mood to suffer through more organic chemistry.

Yeah that's fair enough. Best of luck to you!
Original post by 11...
:smile: thx

Yes they do, I got an offer last year from Kings with Band 3 and 680 average UKCAT so don't worry! :smile: The people on these TSR forums are known to be...let's say the creme de la creme of applicants which is why I hate myself for reading up because it can get stressful to compare yourself to people here! But don't worry, Band 3 and above definitely have a chance :smile:
Does anyone know how long KCL takes to make a decision? So if you had a Dec interview for example, how long could you expect to wait to hear back afterwards?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending