The Student Room Group
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast

Queen’s University Belfast Postgraduate Applicants 2017

Thinking of applying for a postgrad or Master’s at Queen’s? Then this is the thread for you.

Ask us anything you need to know such as:

How to apply

Where to find your funding

Which employers we’ve linked with.

Why The Graduate School has been voted No.1

Which global placement opportunities you can explore.

Plus, how we’ll help you create your own personalised Master Plan.

Check us out on Twitter and chat to other people who have #GotAMasterPlan.

It's never too late to be what you might have been Twitter.jpg

Scroll to see replies

Hi there,

I have applied for a masters at the school of Electronics, Electrical Engineering and Computer Science; any idea what's the usual time frame for hearing back on any developments(offers, rejections etc)?

Thanks!
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast
Original post by nickmancuso34
Hi there,

I have applied for a masters at the school of Electronics, Electrical Engineering and Computer Science; any idea what's the usual time frame for hearing back on any developments(offers, rejections etc)?

Thanks!

Hi there nickmancuso34,

If you send an email to [email protected] providing your name, application number and the name of the course you have applied to they should be able to help.

If you have any other questions in the meantime just let me know!

Best of luck!

Kachela
(Team Queen's)
Hi, I'm thinking about applying to the PhD program in Management :smile:
Original post by allpinkandyellow
Hi, I'm thinking about applying to the PhD program in Management :smile:

Hi allpinkandyellow! :hello:

This is great news!

We actually have a number of webinars running from today where you can put any questions you might have to our postgrad programme directors. Click on this link for registration for the Management School session at 12pm today: bit.ly/2eJuAwn

Best of luck with everything!

Kachela
(Team Queens)
Reply 5
I applied for two programs, MBA and master in international business and it says decision pending. Is it possible to know when will they decide? Will it be soon or in a couple of months? Because I need to get things sorted
Hi

Anyone know what the Postgraduate application for QUB involves? Are there interviews or does it just go on meeting entry requirements?

Also any postgraduate funding available in N Ireland ?

Many thanks
Original post by Aljazi
I applied for two programs, MBA and master in international business and it says decision pending. Is it possible to know when will they decide? Will it be soon or in a couple of months? Because I need to get things sorted

Hi Aljazi,

Thanks for your question.

I will look into this for you and be back in touch once I have an answer. :call2:

Kachela
(Team Queen's)
Original post by Tshalach12
Hi

Anyone know what the Postgraduate application for QUB involves? Are there interviews or does it just go on meeting entry requirements?

Also any postgraduate funding available in N Ireland ?

Many thanks

Hi there Tshalach12 :wavey:

Can I just ask what courses you are interested in as the admission requirements differ for each as does the availability of funding options.

If you could let me know I'll look into it for you.

Kachela
(Team Queen's)
@Queen's University Belfast
Following this thread. Hopefully applying for the MRes in the Arts & Humanities department. Just a quick question- I couldn't find this information anywhere on the website, but how much does it cost to apply to Queen's for that particular course? :smile: Thanks in advance!
Original post by snailsareslimy
@Queen's University Belfast
Following this thread. Hopefully applying for the MRes in the Arts & Humanities department. Just a quick question- I couldn't find this information anywhere on the website, but how much does it cost to apply to Queen's for that particular course? :smile: Thanks in advance!

Good morning snailsareslimy :h:

Can I just clarify do you mean how much is the application process or rather how much are the fees for the course?

Kachela
(Team Queen's)
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Queen's University Belfast
Good morning snailsareslimey :h:

Can I just clarify do you mean how much is the application process or rather how much are the fees for the course?

Kachela
(Team Queen's)

Application process :smile:
Application process :smile:

Hello again snailsareslimy,

You'll be glad to hear there is no charge for the application process! :thumbsup:

Are you thinking of applying for 2017?

Kachela
(Team Queen's)
Hello again snailsareslimy,

You'll be glad to hear there is no charge for the application process! :thumbsup:

Are you thinking of applying for 2017?

Kachela
(Team Queen's)

Fantastic! Yes, 2017/18 entry. I've already had a chat about it with one of my old lecturers in the dept. (graduated from QUB back in 2015) :smile:
Reply 14
Hi Aljazi,

Thanks for your question.

I will look into this for you and be back in touch once I have an answer. :call2:

Kachela
(Team Queen's)

Alright, I will be waiting thank you :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Fantastic! Yes, 2017/18 entry. I've already had a chat about it with one of my old lecturers in the dept. (graduated from QUB back in 2015) :smile:

That's great news! We'll hopefully see you back on campus soon then.

All the very best with the application. :goodluck:

Kachela
(Team Queen's)
Hi there Tshalach12 :wavey:

Can I just ask what courses you are interested in as the admission requirements differ for each as does the availability of funding options.

If you could let me know I'll look into it for you.

Kachela
(Team Queen's)

Hi there

It would be a masters in Law or second choice Childrens rights

Many thanks
Original post by Aljazi
Alright, I will be waiting thank you :smile:

Hello again Aljazi :h:

If you send an email to [email protected] letting them know you have applied for the MBA and Masters in International Business and providing them with your name and application number they should be able to help.

If you have any other questions in the meantime just let me know!

Kachela
(Team Queen's)
Original post by Tshalach12
Hi there

It would be a masters in Law or second choice Childrens rights

Many thanks

Hi Tshalach,

You can find the entry requirements for the LLM Law degree here. There is actually a webinar with the programme's Director scheduled for Wednesday morning (23rd November) which would be a great way for you to find out more. For further information and to register for the webinar click here.

The entry requirements for the MSc Children's Rights are very similar to Law. Again there will be a webinar for those interested on Monday 5th December. Click here to register.

As far as funding is concerned there are a number of options available to our postgraduate students which are described here.

I hope this helps but if there is anything else you would like to know please don't hesitate to ask.

Kachela
(Team Queen's)
When does the 2017 PhD EEECs studentships become available online? I had a look at the school website, and it appears to have the 2016 ones up?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending