The Student Room Group

The University of Sheffield - Medicine 2017 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by mcdcph
That's brilliant news! Would you mind linking me to the page so I can have a read? Thanks 😊

The page has the process of what they do with our applications and the dates

https://www.sheffield.ac.uk/medicine/prospective_ug/applying/whathappens
I got an interview invite for Sheffield on Friday! It's on 8th December at 2:30pm :smile:
Original post by erinls2
I got an interview invite for Sheffield on Friday! It's on 8th December at 2:30pm :smile:

Please can I ask what your UKCAT score was? Also, huge congratulations on the interview.
Original post by Supportivemum
Please can I ask what your UKCAT score was? Also, huge congratulations on the interview.

My score was 2140 (average 713) with band 1 (though I don't think that matters) - and thank you!
4 more days left of sending out interviews. There is still some hope !!!
Reply 25
I just got invited to interview but my date is January 27th, why have they given me so much notice? Does this put me at a disadvantage because my interview is so much later?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Dec1307
I just got invited to interview but my date is January 27th, why have they given me so much notice? Does this put me at a disadvantage because my interview is so much later?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't understand why you think it would considering most of the Sheffield dates are between 26-31st January (with 5 dates in Nov/December).
Reply 27
Just a bit of a worrier mate haha!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Woooo interview on Jan 30 :smile:
Reply 29
Congrats to everyone. I also received the good news today. I have it the 30th of January at 9:30AM. I suppose I will have to fly over from Spain the weekend prior to my interview.

Good luck.
I got an interview for 30th November, glad I got it but so soon compared to 30th Jan :s-smilie:
I easily passed the UKCAT cut-off but haven't received an interview yet. Could it be because I am an applicant from Singapore and they take Singapore-Malaysia interviews in Jan, so perhaps send out the invites later? Any other applicants from Singapore/Malaysia?
Reply 32
Original post by aayushrai
I easily passed the UKCAT cut-off but haven't received an interview yet. Could it be because I am an applicant from Singapore and they take Singapore-Malaysia interviews in Jan, so perhaps send out the invites later? Any other applicants from Singapore/Malaysia?

I'm a home student but have still received an email for an interview even though it's at the end of January.

The website says successful applicants will receive notification by the 18th and makes no comment about this being different for international students so I suggest you get in contact with them since you should've heard something by now.
Original post by Hutch28
I'm a home student but have still received an email for an interview even though it's at the end of January.

The website says successful applicants will receive notification by the 18th and makes no comment about this being different for international students so I suggest you get in contact with them since you should've heard something by now.

You're right but I talked to an applicant who had applied last year and even he'd heard after their timelines because apparently, since interviews are held in Singapore/Malaysia for us, they compile a separate list, which takes a while. I'm just really paranoid about this. I've sent them an e-mail and hope they reply quickly.
Reply 34
Original post by aayushrai
You're right but I talked to an applicant who had applied last year and even he'd heard after their timelines because apparently, since interviews are held in Singapore/Malaysia for us, they compile a separate list, which takes a while. I'm just really paranoid about this. I've sent them an e-mail and hope they reply quickly.

Unfortunately there's not much else you can do now but wait.

Hopefully you hear back soon and good luck!
Original post by Hutch28
Unfortunately there's not much else you can do now but wait.

Hopefully you hear back soon and good luck!

Yeah but the wait is really frustrating :frown:
Thank you :smile: Good luck for your interview!
Reply 36
Original post by Hutch28

I'm from Malaysia and I just received the invitation for the interview earlier today. Don't worry buddy, I'm pretty sure you gonna get it soon. Best of luck!
Original post by alohaha
I'm from Malaysia and I just received the invitation for the interview earlier today. Don't worry buddy, I'm pretty sure you gonna get it soon. Best of luck!

Yeah I got it a few hours ago :smile: Good luck to you too!
My interview is tomorrow, so worried :s-smilie:
Original post by HiraMunawar
My interview is tomorrow, so worried :s-smilie:

good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending