The Student Room Group

Unconditional Offers

Hi,

I have a conditional offer from Nottingham, however, my teacher told me that there is a chance that they will send letters out to some people changing it so that it is an "unconditional if firm" offer.

Is that true? Seems odd as surely if they wanted to give an unconditional to me, they would have done it at the start?

Thanks
What did you apply to do?

This happened with people I know. Got changed before the results came out because there were spaces on the course anyway.

Although I should note I'm at a different university.
Original post by CrazyFool229
Hi,

I have a conditional offer from Nottingham, however, my teacher told me that there is a chance that they will send letters out to some people changing it so that it is an "unconditional if firm" offer.

Is that true? Seems odd as surely if they wanted to give an unconditional to me, they would have done it at the start?

Thanks

That could be possible, I guess you will have to wait and see. :smile:
Original post by SomeGuyHere
What did you apply to do?

This happened with people I know. Got changed before the results came out because there were spaces on the course anyway.

Although I should note I'm at a different university.

Comp Sci

Original post by Savitar
That could be possible, I guess you will have to wait and see. :smile:

Hopefully. Not too bothered if it doesn't turn unconditional as I will probably be able to meet the offer fairly comfortably. Just find it odd how this could be a possibility.
I'm not sure about Nottingham, but some other universities do that. Lancaster gave me a conditional offer and then changed it to unconditional if firmed about a week later
Comp Sci

Hopefully. Not too bothered if it doesn't turn unconditional as I will probably be able to meet the offer fairly comfortably. Just find it odd how this could be a possibility.

I understand, that's good that it doesn't matter because your going to get in anyway then. :smile:
Reply 6
Didn't see this thread until after I started a similar thread a few minutes ago, but here is the link in case anyone is interested
Reply 7
Hi,

Thanks

I got an 'unconditional if firm' from Nottingham. I got an email about the unconditional one day after the conditional, but if you go on the track.ucas website it shows you the letters from each university detailing the offer in its entirety.
Original post by AlexLevy
I got an 'unconditional if firm' from Nottingham. I got an email about the unconditional one day after the conditional, but if you go on the track.ucas website it shows you the letters from each university detailing the offer in its entirety.

Well done on the unconditional!

Been just under a week since I got my conditional offer. No extra letter from them. What are you going to study, if you don't mind me asking?
Reply 9
Well done on the unconditional!

Been just under a week since I got my conditional offer. No extra letter from them. What are you going to study, if you don't mind me asking?

Thanks very much! I'm applying for English at Nottingham, but a couple of my choices are slight variations on English.
How are your predicted grades? I'd assume they'd only offer unconditionals to those that have grades that exceed the requirements but I can't say that for sure, it just seems like the general trend. Well done on getting the offer though and I hope it does turn unconditional!
Hi,

Thanks

I have an unconditional firm from Nottingham, but it said so on UCAS track and I got an email the day after.
Original post by xxx-ooo-xxx
How are your predicted grades? I'd assume they'd only offer unconditionals to those that have grades that exceed the requirements but I can't say that for sure, it just seems like the general trend. Well done on getting the offer though and I hope it does turn unconditional!

AAA
Didn't get an unconditional from Nottingham and I firmed it yday. I doubt I'll end up getting an unconditional if firmed letter.
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
Didn't get an unconditional from Nottingham and I firmed it yday. I doubt I'll end up getting an unconditional if firmed letter.

Wow, you got the rest of your offers quick!
Is anyone going to the English interview on 9th December at Lancaster

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending