The Student Room Group

Imperial college of London interview

I am an international student from the US applying to Imperial College London for Geology. I have been shortlisted for a skype interview in 10 days. Does anyone have any experience with Imperial college interviews for Geology? My interviewer is Dr. Mike Streule if anyone knows him. In addition, does being an international change anything in terms of the interview? Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance!
(edited 7 years ago)
Tip no.1: It's not called Imperial College of London.
Original post by vamshi1
I am an international student from the US applying to the Imperial College of London for Geology. I have been shortlisted for a skype interview in 10 days. Does anyone have any experience with Imperial college interviews for Geology? My interviewer is Dr. Mike Streule if anyone knows him. In addition, does being an international change anything in terms of the interview? Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance!

They're primarily academic interviews so you are going to be asked questions where you will need to demonstrate your aptitude for Geology. I personally found my Imperial interview to be quite interesting and enjoyable, the interviewers were friendly and relaxed. I wouldn't say there's a huge amount of subject-specific preparation you can do, just make sure you can explain your answers to some basic questions ("Why Geology", "Why Imperial", etc.), make sure you've looked through your personal statement before your interview to remind yourself about what you wrote (because they may well ask questions on the basis of your personal statement) and go into your interview prepared to think!

Good luck. You being an international student shouldn't change anything.
Reply 4
Received an offer!!! Thank you for all your help and guidance!!!! @Plagioclase @dropoutbear @TurboCretin
Original post by vamshi1
Received an offer!!! Thank you for all your help and guidance!!!! @Plagioclase @dropoutbear @TurboCretin

Awesome, good to hear :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending