The Student Room Group

Houston mother kicks son out because he voted for Donald Trump in school mock electio

[video="youtube;kdg7i7FmQGk"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdg7i7FmQGk[/video]

A mother, from Houston, kicks 8 year old son out of her house because he voted for Donald Trump in school mock election.

What do you think? Do you think this is justifiable? Would you do anything horrendous to your child if they have a differing view to yourself?

Scroll to see replies

It almost seems surreal for a grown adult to treat a child like that. She's an unprincipled moron.

I'd be accepting of my child's views and engage in conversation if they were to differ from mine (bear in mind I'm 17 so don't have one).

A child shouldn't have to go through emotional distress and if she truly (not truley @SuperHuman98 ayy) wants him to not be in favour of Trump or understand why she doesn't agree with him then talking to him would've had an actual impact rather than this stupidly grim behaviour.
(edited 7 years ago)
This is so sad/shocking.It's his choice and it was only a mock election:redface:
And it may have been for a joke.Bc I remember when we had a mock election in school and most of our class voted for UKIP for fun or to see what the teachers reaction would be.But her sending her son out of the house is too extreme.

Spoiler

He should build a wall, and make the mother pay for it!!!!

Seriously, and people say Trump's lot are the bad guys, the last time Democrats were so pissed is when they lost their salves.
That's just horrifying.
Original post by tamil fever
This is so sad/shocking.It's his choice and it was only a mock election:redface:
And it may have been for a joke.Bc I remember when we had a mock election in school and most of our class voted for UKIP for fun or to see what the teachers reaction would be.But her sending her son out of the house is too extreme.

Spoiler

Same I had this before the general election and most of my class voted for UKIP as a joke!:tongue:
Reply 6

Spoiler

He told his mum acting like what he did was no big deal. The only reason he voted for Donald Trump was because of the live coverage going about the presidential election and he obviously didn't know which one is better as he is only 8 years old.

I know it is very harsh.
Original post by sunshine774
Same I had this before the general election and most of my class voted for UKIP as a joke!:tongue:

the teacher was so shocked and angry and was confused to why we were laughing..:biggrin:
Original post by Defraction
[video="youtube;kdg7i7FmQGk"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdg7i7FmQGk[/video]

A mother, from Houston, kicks 8 year old son out of her house because he voted for Donald Trump in school mock election.

What do you think? Do you think this is justifiable? Would you do anything horrendous to your child if they have a differing view to yourself?

He is 8! He is a child! How can a mother do that to her son? If she is upset, I would try and educate him on why she thinks Donald Trump is not a good choice. I really don't like Trump- however everybody has free will and they can choose what they like!
He won't be doing that again, that little ****.
Original post by Conceited
It almost seems surreal for a grown adult to treat a child like that. She's an unprincipled moron.

I'd be accepting of my child's views and engage in conversation if they were to differ from mine (bear in mind I'm 17 so don't have one).

A child shouldn't have to go through emotional distress and if she truly (not truley @SuperHuman98 ayy) wants him to not be in favour of Trump or understand why she doesn't agree with him then talking to him would've had an actual impact.

I posted this video on the California thread.

I think we should be more concerned about the likelihood of being able to rationalise with, or talk to, a woman who would throw her own child out of the house for advocating a political perspective she doesn't agree with.

In my experience, you can't rationalise with liberals. They see you in one-dimension: your identity. If you're white, you're racist and privileged.

They polarise everything: you're either globalist, or fascist; you're either pro-feminism, or a misogynist; you either advocate BLM, or you're a white supremacist.

If you don't agree with them, they shame you, berate you or assault you. You can't rationalise with people like that, it's pointless trying. Thankfully, evolution treats such people very harshly.
(edited 7 years ago)
the teacher was so shocked and angry and was confused to why we were laughing..:biggrin:

Lol yeah that is what happened to me too!:tongue:
Original post by yudothis
He won't be doing that again, that little ****.

But he's still a child; he's only 8. She should educate him.

And she did.
Original post by yudothis
And she did.

No obviously not by kicking him out of the house! By teaching him moral values, equality and stuff like that...
It was claimed to be a joke. Bit sick tbh, but I cant really seeing a mum kicking her son out.
Last cotizen a great proportion of your threads and posts are about race though.

Educate him? What is that in liberal speak? Conflate unity with oppression and weakness with virtue?

Education is a sham, particularly as it applies to all of the 'education' enforced through Universities: toxic masculinity classes, rape consent classes, white privilege conferences, etc. That isn't education, it's indoctrination.

Anyone who trusts the Higher Education sector - a sector which is dependent on mass immigration for its very survival - to give an impartial education is delusional. I suspect this is where the curriculum for this woman's education was developed.
Original post by Defraction
He told his mum acting like what he did was no big deal. The only reason he voted for Donald Trump was because of the live coverage going about the presidential election and he obviously didn't know which one is better as he is only 8 years old.

I know it is very harsh.

Ikr.He's only 8 and the only reason why he voted for Donald Trump would have been bc he is the president now.And how was he meant to know that his mum would react like that...He hasn't probably even watched the Presidential debates.tbh it isn't even his fault at all.His own choice so he voted.

how did his mum find out that he voted for him in the 1st place?
No obviously not by kicking him out of the house! By teaching him moral values, equality and stuff like that...

She taught him a lesson.
What point was she trying to make by kicking the kid out? Was it going to change America's conditions?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending