The Student Room Group

Hillary has 89% chance of winning the election say New York times

I haven't laughed that hard in a while!!

Establishment still so in denial, and trying to control the narrative.

I wonder how we will view polls after this period in history.....
Reminds me of some of those Brexit polls - totally wrong!

Establishment is in for a stumping!
So? There's what, 10 weeks to go? It reminds me of the BBC digging out polls about Corbyn chances 4 years from now(though not quite as bad).

They are not getting it still, it's like European establishment, and New Labour too. So far behind the curve it's untrue, they only have their echo chambers left.

And the fact the figures are so strong for Hillary says manipulation, even desperation to me.
(edited 7 years ago)
Look at this poll above lol!! Knew it was BS all along.

Corbyn for PM methinks.
(edited 7 years ago)
oh my i laughed so much the pig ran out the yard and knocked over the moonshine still.
i laughed so much i spilled the whiskey jar down my banjo

hot diggety
"Wake up dad, your scene I saw Mom"
Google's brilliant interpretation of a lyric that I thought would be useful here
Original post by SaucissonSecCy
Look at this poll above lol!! Knew it was BS all along.

Corbyn for PM methinks.

All you are showing is your ignorance of statistics.

Those results said that have six elections with those polling numbers, Hilary wins five of them and Trump wins one of them.

Given that this is is only the fifth time when the candidate winning the popular vote has won those votes in the "wrong" places to win the electoral college, that seems a perfectly fair forecast.

A 90% chance of success doesn't mean you win, it means you lose on one out of every ten occasions.
If 2016 has proven anything to me it's that polls are worthless.
Original post by nulli tertius
All you are showing is your ignorance of statistics.

Those results said that have six elections with those polling numbers, Hilary wins five of them and Trump wins one of them.

Given that this is is only the fifth time when the candidate winning the popular vote has won those votes in the "wrong" places to win the electoral college, that seems a perfectly fair forecast.

A 90% chance of success doesn't mean you win, it means you lose on one out of every ten occasions.

Nonsense- the polls described the popular vote and talked of Trump being thirty percent down, the commentariat were all talking like it was sewn up-I witnessed it- establishment is portraying their wishes-even people wanting Hillary have admitted the media was acting like propagandists and had lost all objectivity- they know longer understand what is going on, and how badly they've failed, how arrogant they are, how they took people for granted- so they just self-righteously and falsely accuse everyone of bigotry in their shallow, self-serving way. It's pathetic.

If we in the US and UK had more maturity, we would not keep pursuing mendacious, deceitful and self-destructive policies, and we would have an objective commentary- instead, we are spun, into endless wars that harm us, we are polarised and manipulated, we have all sensible conservatives smeared and debate shut down, so people vote far right to get any change, in America for Trump, in Europe to get a referendum..this all the fault of the elites, and they have not one trace of introspection or humility, enough to realise it.
Original post by SaucissonSecCy
Nonsense- the polls described the popular vote and talked of Trump being thirty percent down, the commentariat were all talking like it was sewn up-I witnessed it-

But they don't understand the statistics they are using either.

People ask me the prospects of success in their litigation. I will say 50% or 60% or 70% and they feel comforted. Then I say, what that means is that if the same case comes before 10 different judges, you will lose on 5,4 or 3 occasions. That is when they want to talk settlement.

People have got into the habit of treating 51% as the same as 100%

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending