The Student Room Group

Barts and the London- 2017 Entry Applicants for Medicine

Scroll to see replies

[QUOTE="11...;68560570"]
Original post by Mo_elheramy
tariff score predicted: 252 (630 using old scoring system) 4A* and Epq A* predicted
ukcat 703 band 1
do you guys think I have a shot or was applying to barts out of my league? (I'm an international student)[

you clearly know the answer. of course you stand a chance of getting an interview. it is all about doing well in the interview.

Don't forget the competition for international candidates can be pretty crazy for a lot of unis
aah i know so scared about interviewss
going to a course next sunday in london to help me through it :biggrin:
[QUOTE="neon_reaper;68562478"]
Original post by 11...

Don't forget the competition for international candidates can be pretty crazy for a lot of unis

yeah especially universities in London since that's where most (international) students would prefer to live :frown:
[QUOTE="11...;68560570"]
tariff score predicted: 252 (630 using old scoring system) 4A* and Epq A* predicted
ukcat 703 band 1
do you guys think I have a shot or was applying to barts out of my league? (I'm an international student)[

you clearly know the answer. of course you stand a chance of getting an interview. it is all about doing well in the interview.

Thanks for the reply :smile: but i literally have no idea, being an international student and having a ukcat score fluctuate from as low as 500 VR all the way to 890 QR (720 AR)
When are people going to be called for interviews?
Does anyone have any idea?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Johncenaofficial
When are people going to be called for interviews?
Does anyone have any idea?

Posted from TSR Mobile

i think last year people started hearing in early december

Posted from TSR Mobile
ukcat 703 band 1
do you guys think I have a shot or was applying to barts out of my league? (I'm an international student)

Yeah it's really competitive for international students, and I can totally understand your situation because I'm an international student applying to Barts too with really similar stats! Hopefully both of us will get an interview!!
[QUOTE="Mo_elheramy;68566056"]
Original post by neon_reaper

yeah especially universities in London since that's where most (international) students would prefer to live :frown:

Sorry I couldn't be of any help; your stats are definitely above average with your tariff being incredibly high and your UKCAT being around the top 15%, but i really have no idea what an international student needs, so best of luck x
Reply 168
JANUARY IS WHEN BARTS STARTS TO GIVE OUT INTERVIEWS aaahhhhhhhhh. Enjoy your Christmas guys!!! :smile:
Reply 169
Obviously stay calm and positive and hope for the best. Enjoy yourself and good things will come in your way :smile:
Original post by 11...
JANUARY IS WHEN BARTS STARTS TO GIVE OUT INTERVIEWS aaahhhhhhhhh. Enjoy your Christmas guys!!! :smile:

how do you know? did you call them? :smile:
Original post by Queen Mary University of London
Hi everyone,

Just a heads up that you can get involved in our 'ask a student' Q&A thread. You can ask me about any aspect of the medicine course and what it's like living in London.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4026213&highlight=QMUL#primary_content

Barts love,
Will

Hiya Will,

I found an admissions cycle document for the 50:50 weighting and it says that GCSEs are not used to rank applicants, is this so? And if it is, then how do you rank students and what are the reasons for students getting rejected?

Thank you

Salma
Original post by sfaraj
Hiya Will,

I found an admissions cycle document for the 50:50 weighting and it says that GCSEs are not used to rank applicants, is this so? And if it is, then how do you rank students and what are the reasons for students getting rejected?

Thank you

Salma

Some representatives from Queen Mary came to my school earlier this year, and I asked them about gcses and they said that they didn't care about them at all as long as they met the entry requirement
Some representatives from Queen Mary came to my school earlier this year, and I asked them about gcses and they said that they didn't care about them at all as long as they met the entry requirement

aye my life is complete

cheers
Original post by 11...

Don't they have their interview dates in January though, so surely they'd invite in December?
Unless they give us, like, no warning :eek:
Hey guys, I know this is a particular daunting time for you all, with interviews coming up and stuff, but if you need any help, i am happy to provide. I am currently a first year Medic at Barts. If you want interview questions or just a brief chat about the application process, just drop me a pm :smile:. I applied to Imperial, Barts, Sheffield and Cardiff. I was fortunate enough to get interviews from Barts Sheffield and Cardiff, and have these questions noted down.
Reply 176
Original post by Hjokifk30
Hey guys, I know this is a particular daunting time for you all, with interviews coming up and stuff, but if you need any help, i am happy to provide. I am currently a first year Medic at Barts. If you want interview questions or just a brief chat about the application process, just drop me a pm :smile:. I applied to Imperial, Barts, Sheffield and Cardiff. I was fortunate enough to get interviews from Barts Sheffield and Cardiff, and have these questions noted down.

what were your stats if you don't mind me asking? GCSEs, AS, Predictions, UKCAT
when were you invited to interview?
Original post by 11...
what were your stats if you don't mind me asking? GCSEs, AS, Predictions, UKCAT
when were you invited to interview?

Yeah thats fine, i got 10* and 4A's. 5A's a for AS. 670 in UKCAT.
UKCAT and AS and the Ucas tariff is most important.
do you think barts would be likely to give me an interview offer if i got 3 As predicted so ucas tariff of 144 ( thats their minimum) and a ukcat of 650 (above 3rd decile; its 6th decile)??
i have a low ucas tariff and an average ukcat :frown: ?
Original post by mm_7
do you think barts would be likely to give me an interview offer if i got 3 As predicted so ucas tariff of 144 ( thats their minimum) and a ukcat of 650 (above 3rd decile; its 6th decile)??
i have a low ucas tariff and an average ukcat :frown: ?

I'm sorry to say this, but it's doubtful.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending