The Student Room Group

A- Level use of maths

is it accepted as alternative to a level maths and also is it ok to have as 3rd a level. will the russel group unis accept this or cambridge provided u get high grades in subjects u took

thank u
I don't think there is any reason to take use of maths if you are already taking maths. What kind of subject are you thinking of applying for?
Reply 2
Original post by lizardlizard
I don't think there is any reason to take use of maths if you are already taking maths. What kind of subject are you thinking of applying for?

no i take only use of maths with 2 other subjects but i am asking if the good uni that want maths for the course will accept this alternative maths A level qualification and this is for computer science
You'll need to look at the universities' official websites for their entry requirements. You could contact them to find out if they will accept use of maths but for somewhere like Cambridge I strongly doubt it.
Reply 4
Original post by tr2140
is it accepted as alternative to a level maths and also is it ok to have as 3rd a level. will the russel group unis accept this or cambridge provided u get high grades in subjects u took

thank u

I don't think Cambridge will use that as an alternative or much of RG universities. You will have to check their websites if it's not on there email them.
Reply 5
Original post by lizardlizard
You'll need to look at the universities' official websites for their entry requirements. You could contact them to find out if they will accept use of maths but for somewhere like Cambridge I strongly doubt it.

Would it be a good idea to take it next year?
Reply 6
Original post by S2M
I don't think Cambridge will use that as an alternative or much of RG universities. You will have to check their websites if it's not on there email them.

Oh so would it be a good idea to take next year
Reply 7
Original post by tr2140
Oh so would it be a good idea to take next year

Depends on what you want to do and what University would you go to.
Reply 8
Original post by S2M
Depends on what you want to do and what University would you go to.

cambridge computer science
Reply 9
Original post by tr2140
cambridge computer science

You'd rather take A-Level Maths then.
Reply 10
Original post by S2M
You'd rather take A-Level Maths then.

So i will take the full maths a level next year. There is overlap in the content so it should be ok thanks
Reply 11
Original post by tr2140
So i will take the full maths a level next year. There is overlap in the content so it should be ok thanks

Welcome. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest