The Student Room Group

Pre Interview Rejections

I got rejected from Oxford on Friday - is anyne else in the same position and was it recorded on your UCAS track?
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1
Which course u'd applied!?
How did they inform u?
Reply 2
Original post by leonordo
Which course u'd applied!?
How did they inform u?

law - it was a generic email saying we culdn't interview you therefore your application is no longer in consideration
I received my rejection from Oxford on Friday too! In the exact same situation as yours. Ah well, I'm still waiting for replies from UCL, LSE and KCL. I have already got an offer from Queen's Mary.

I'd just messaged the college to request for the grounds of my rejection and an admissions officer replied me within minutes that we can only seek such feedback when the admissions processes are done, ie to email them again in January.
Reply 4
Original post by gytkps
I received my rejection from Oxford on Friday too! In the exact same situation as yours. Ah well, I'm still waiting for replies from UCL, LSE and KCL. I have already got an offer from Queen's Mary.

I'd just messaged the college to request for the grounds of my rejection and an admissions officer replied me within minutes that we can only seek such feedback when the admissions processes are done, ie to email them again in January.

Was it recorded on UCAS track?
Original post by Cicilaw

Oxford is generally slow to update UCAS Track :fyi:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Oxford is generally slow to update UCAS Track :fyi:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah thanks, that was as I assumed - my mum seems convinced that my rejection is an automated admin error ...literally living on a prayer lol
Original post by Cicilaw
Yeah thanks, that was as I assumed - my mum seems convinced that my rejection is an automated admin error ...literally living on a prayer lol

Best not to live on that prayer, sadly :console:
Original post by Cicilaw

I've been checking for the past few days but no it hasn't been updated. From my experience thus far, UCAS track will be updated at a later time than the universities' emails to applicants. I'd gotten a Queen's Mary offer two weeks ago and it wasn't reflected on UCAS till a couple of days later.
Hi. Congratulations to all who got the offers.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest