The Student Room Group
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews

St Andrews Hopefuls 2017

Scroll to see replies

Original post by GermanIRhopeful
Oh, congratulations! I'm so jealous! As a home applicant (well, EU, but we have the home fees) I'll probably have to wait a few more months and it's killing me.

Yeah I'm also waiting for other unis which are rumoured to send offers next year... tough right :/

But out of curiosity, why did they send early offers to international applicants? Is it to offer early choices before other countries might?
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews
Original post by victoria_viola9
Yeah I'm also waiting for other unis which are rumoured to send offers next year... tough right :/

But out of curiosity, why did they send early offers to international applicants? Is it to offer early choices before other countries might?

Probably to allow us time to decide and procure funding. But it's more likely that they are trying to steal good students before the US or other countries could (St Andrews is my earliest offer in any country)- and it seems to work pretty well for them on the North American front :tongue: St Andrews giving me an early offer has certainly made it more likely that I would firm them :rofl: but they were already my second or third choice anyways :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Has anyone here applied/got an offer for Classics?
if my application says 'pending decision' and has done for about a week- how long do you think it will take until i receive a reply/decision?
Original post by Sarahparkins
if my application says 'pending decision' and has done for about a week- how long do you think it will take until i receive a reply/decision?

Are you international?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by wolfmoon88
Are you international?

Posted from TSR Mobile

No, I am a UK applicant
No, I am a UK applicant

You might have to wait longer then.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm a Scottish applicant and I've got pending decision .... I was told to wait until March so it will be a while regardless I think
Reply 228
Any offers for math?
Reply 229

I'm an international student and I've got "pending decision" as well. I submitted my application on the 14th of October, so I was supposed to receive a reply by the end of the 3rd week of November...but no response still....
Reply 230
I've applied for maths, when I spoke to the Uni they told me that don't tend to give offers until after 15/01/17
International student here as well...applied October 31 and no response yet with "pending decision" per the portal. Hoping to receive a response by end of this week!
Reply 232
Hi guys, hoping for some advice :smile:

Course: Mathematics
GCSEs: 6A* 5A 1B and A in FSMQ
AS Achieved: AAAA +2 other maths modules at A
A2 Predicted: A*A*AA in maths, further maths, chemistry, economics
Extra curriculars: Cello, singing, ballet, explorer scouts

When I went to the visiting day the 'lady who decides your fate' said I would probably have gotten an offer for 2016 entry with those grades, so yay I guess? However, this would have been with me paying RUK fees, and now I've been sent the fee status questionnaire to fill in, as there's a chance I might qualify for home fees instead. Obviously this would be great if I got in, I just don't know if it's worth it, as it's harder for home students to get in than RUK or international, afaik.

So basically, hoping for some advice on what to do? I can angle the fee status questionnaire either way (home or RUK) btw, they ask what you think your fee status is at the end.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 233
Original post by lammon
I've applied for maths, when I spoke to the Uni they told me that don't tend to give offers until after 15/01/17

Are you an international student?
Original post by qeyoo
Hi guys, hoping for some advice :smile:

Course: Mathematics
GCSEs: 6A* 5A 1B and A in FSMQ
AS Achieved: AAAA +2 other maths modules at A
A2 Predicted: A*A*AA in maths, further maths, chemistry, economics
Extra curriculars: Cello, singing, ballet, explorer scouts

When I went to the visiting day the 'lady who decides your fate' said I would probably have gotten an offer for 2016 entry with those grades, so yay I guess? However, this would have been with me paying RUK fees, and now I've been sent the fee status questionnaire to fill in, as there's a chance I might qualify for home fees instead. Obviously this would be great if I got in, I just don't know if it's worth it, as it's harder for home students to get in than RUK or international, afaik.

So basically, hoping for some advice on what to do? I can angle the fee status questionnaire either way (home or RUK) btw, they ask what you think your fee status is at the end.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I mean, free university... Or certainly much cheaper university.... That's not something to be thrown away lightly. I would take the risk personally, but if you've really got your heart set on Saint Andrew's then it's a tough one.
Anyone applying for international relations/modern languages?
Original post by rolaah
Anyone applying for international irelations/modern languages?

I've applied for IR :smile: still on pending decision
Original post by rolaah
Anyone applying for international relations/modern languages?

I have a German offer.
Congrats! When did you get that?
Original post by lotusflower99
I've applied for IR :smile: still on pending decision

Same! IR always takes so long:frown: when did you apply?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending