The Student Room Group

Foundation Pharmacy (5yrs) for 2017 entry

Hi,
Is anyone applying for foundation pharmacy for 2017 entry. I am looking at Manchester, UEA and Kingston. What's your option on these 3 unis?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I'm applying to all 3 and Keele university for foundation pharmacy. Have you sent off your application or heard anything from them. What are your predicted grades
Reply 2
Yeah I send mine off a couple of days ago. I've only applied for Manchester and Kingston for the foundation, the other 3 are normal 4 year courses. My predicted grades are AAB/ABB.

What's ur predicted grades?? Which subjects do u do? Have u sent of ur application?
Reply 3
I do Biology, Pschology and Politics. I think I'' predicted ABB. What subjects do you do?
Reply 4
I do chemistry, psychology and Textiles
Reply 5
Original post by Ebehi
I do Biology, Pschology and Politics. I think I'' predicted ABB. What subjects do you do?

why are you doing foundation with those predicted grades??
I've applied for Manchester. I did science A-levels and got BCC which is what they want thank God. Just waiting for them to respond with an interview hopefully!!! Has anyone had an interview at Manchester yet?
Reply 7
I didn't do Chemistry
Reply 8
Original post by Zina.derr
I've applied for Manchester. I did science A-levels and got BCC which is what they want thank God. Just waiting for them to respond with an interview hopefully!!! Has anyone had an interview at Manchester yet?

Did you do chemistry?
Original post by Ebehi
I didn't do Chemistry

I did a foundation year which had the option to transfer to pharmacy (70% was required for the year) and found that the chemistry was really tough. I'm now doing a different course which has less chemistry but I still really struggle, so if you have the chance I'd really recommend doing some reading well in advance just to try and get your head around some of the stuff. It will really help. :smile:
Yeah I did Chemistry, Biology and English Lit
I did a Mock application with The uni of Manchester because I'm on the MAP programme, and they told me that I'd get an interview if I applied for it, so just waiting on them for a date
Reply 11
Original post by RachaelBee
I did a foundation year which had the option to transfer to pharmacy (70% was required for the year) and found that the chemistry was really tough. I'm now doing a different course which has less chemistry but I still really struggle, so if you have the chance I'd really recommend doing some reading well in advance just to try and get your head around some of the stuff. It will really help. :smile:

I have done AS Chemistry, but not A2
Original post by Ebehi
I have done AS Chemistry, but not A2

I'd still recommend reading up on A2. Technically my chemistry is good enough to be doing the course I'm on and I could have continued to Pharmacy, but it's still hard, and to quote several of my peers "if you don't have A2 chemistry you're f*cked".
Reply 13
Original post by RachaelBee
I'd still recommend reading up on A2. Technically my chemistry is good enough to be doing the course I'm on and I could have continued to Pharmacy, but it's still hard, and to quote several of my peers "if you don't have A2 chemistry you're f*cked".

I will thanks
I had my interview at Keele today, I honestly think it went so badly:confused:

UPDATE: got a conditional offer for CCC :biggrin:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 15
Has anyone received any offers?
Original post by Ebehi
Has anyone received any offers?

yes from keele
Reply 17
Is ur offer from keele for foundation pharmacy??
Original post by tobz22
Is ur offer from keele for foundation pharmacy??

yup :smile:
Reply 19
Anyone heard from Kingston or Manchester for foundation pharmacy?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending